Page 218 of 219 FirstFirst ... 118 168 208 216 217 218 219 LastLast
Results 4,341 to 4,360 of 4369

Thread: General Video Game Discussion

Default Re: General Video Game Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by maxterdexter View Post
    Bad news everyone:

https://twitter.com/telltalegames/st...52010999410689

Telltale will be no more.
    Not surprised especially after that story regarding layoffs and other internal issues.

Bit upset though that this news means we'll never get a Game Of Thrones Season 2 or more Batman though that thankfully didn't end on a cliffhanger like the former.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284

Wolf among us made me care for a tale that just wasn't interesting to me, and I couldn't start Waking dead season two because the bleakness of the loading screen. I like batman well enough, but I'm playing that one with friends, and coordinating with them, who always want to pick the asshole options, or the "let's try to fuck harley" options was a chore.

The adventures of the STORK family in the game of thrones one wasn't good.
    3DS FC: 0516-7666-3837
    SW-4128-8032-0729

So that's a "no" on more Poker Night games.

"Son of a bitch!"
    -Brock Samsom.

Hidden:

Sam and Max are thus released back into limbo.

The layoff conditions are awful. Is it that these people's contracts did not include them or just something you can do if you fuck over your company?
    SW-4128-8032-0729

Probably both .
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting

what fighting game series do you think has the most unique and diverse characters

Member of Beelzebub is Freakin' Awesome Group
    what I'm catching up on currently: Gintama, lone wolf & cub, Nausicaš of the Valley of the Wind, and lost in poem (by our very own AP member GEPPETTOSMONSTER)

Quote Originally Posted by choperman View Post
    what fighting game series do you think has the most unique and diverse characters
    I can only think of Guilty Gear.

Hidden:

Discovered Stowaway

Quote Originally Posted by Green_vs_Red View Post
    Not surprised especially after that story regarding layoffs and other internal issues.

Bit upset though that this news means we'll never get a Game Of Thrones Season 2 or more Batman though that thankfully didn't end on a cliffhanger like the former.
    Surely some other company will acquire the rights and produce more similar games, won't they? Although I didn't ever get the appeal of playing more than one game of that genre, Wolf Among Us is all I've tried and I can't imagine wanting to have the same formula for all the other choose-your-own-adventure-book games.

I very much doubt that'll happen. Being they're licensed games and also happen to be apart of a genre that most publishers aren't really known for.

Discovered Stowaway

Quote Originally Posted by Green_vs_Red View Post
    I very much doubt that'll happen. Being they're licensed games and also happen to be apart of a genre that most publishers aren't really known for.
    I mean, if there's a market for it. I'm just personally surprised there's a market for it, enough that they've made so many of those.

Quote Originally Posted by KageKageKing View Post
    I can only think of Guilty Gear.
    Funny I literally just heard about this game before I asked the question (I was watching screwattacks top 10 modern fighting games)

looks like a lot of cool characters and specials

unfortunately the only fighting game I ever seem to be able to be any good at his smash bros

Member of Beelzebub is Freakin' Awesome Group
    what I'm catching up on currently: Gintama, lone wolf & cub, Nausicaš of the Valley of the Wind, and lost in poem (by our very own AP member GEPPETTOSMONSTER)

Another day, another round of complaining about why women developers are making games historically inaccurate to accommodate a supposed agenda.

https://steamed.kotaku.com/total-war...n-g-1829283785

I present this to you, the reaction of every Valkyria chronicle 4 player using Lancers.

Quote Originally Posted by KzTxL7 View Post
    I wasn't distracted by Lucy being half naked.

You won this week Fairy Tail.

21st Century Schizoid Man S.C. Amigo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Halfmetal-lich View Post
    I present this to you, the reaction of every Valkyria chronicle 4 player using Lancers.

Very accurate.....unlike the aforementioned lance.

https://www.gamesindustry.biz/articl...d-redemption-2

Iv'e been reading about this "crunch" practice on videogame development for a long time now, and find it really worrying. Like, apparently, you can't make one of this so called "Triple A" games without what comes down to slavery, plain and simple.

But, apparently, it is also cool to brag about this (insane) crunch in the videogame industry now. Like Rockstar is doing in this interview. Is that really something to be proud of?

Also, reading some threads on twitter, apparently Rockstar does this all the time. And not just Rockstar.

How do you even fight this when it's common practice? What can be done? I find it honestly dissheartening. I'm not even looking forward that much to this game (though all of my friends will buy it on day 1), but I am excited for CD Project's Cyberpunk, and I guess it's a given workers there are facing a similar insane working schedule as we speak. And it's a sad feeling, honestly.

Not to defend them or anything, but as long as it is paid, voluntary and only short burst.

A friend in Rockstar Dublin tells me that while he had to go overtime, never over 50, was a while ago, only for 2 weeks and the one thing that I didn't like is that the bonus is at the end of the year.

I guess Europe shouldn't be the refference, as sindicates would prevent the worst of the crunch. My guess is that this was on a less goverment protected agency.

We humans are notoriously bad with time estimates, art and software have the extra layer that is time intensive to share the load.

Once marketing, or ourselves, put our foot in the mouth and compromise for a date, that doesn't take into account any surprise delays or things like "oh, this timeframe Joe, the bushtalker, the only one who knows how to make the 800 bushes we need for the game is on a vacation" or "Linda the datascientist is going away on maternity leave, just get Gert the intern to finish these numbers".

Then again this is anecdotical, so should be taken as such.
    SW-4128-8032-0729

Discovered Stowaway

Eh, I'm willing to wait if a game's good enough. Just the ideas and policies most companies are going with lately don't please me.

I wish there would be more of 'Oh, remember X game, let's make one just like it for the modern systems, and make it look and feel like it's still from the era X game was from'. Yooka-Laylee was a great example of that. Mighty Number 9, not so much, but I appreciate they were at least trying to do something in the spirit of what inspired it (and it only cost $5, that didn't hurt.) I want someone to do that with the original Tomba! and/or Tomba! 2.

Yooka-Laylee was kind of a mess though, especially when it first came out. I know they updated it several times to address at least some of the technical issues such as the awful camera, but I haven't played since the initial release. But that aside, I feel like they kind of lost their way. They tried to copy Banjo-Kazooie (with a side of DKC) so hard that it felt like I was playing a formula for nostalgia instead of an interesting game. I love Grant Kirkhope but even the music was uninspired. It's like... I don't regret playing it, but I regret having gotten my hopes up.

But anyway screw the AAA game industry.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information