+ Reply to Thread
Page 212 of 223 FirstFirst ... 112 162 202 210 211 212 213 214 222 ... LastLast
Results 4,221 to 4,240 of 4447

Thread: General Video Game Discussion

Default Re: General Video Game Discussion

Whenever people bring up violent video games/movies/TV shows as being a cause for violence IRL, I think of Japan, which has some of the darkest most violent "children's" entertainment (and just entertainment in general) I've ever seen. And yet, they maintain one of the lowest homicide rates in the world.

It's always the same shit. We had the same bullshit after a school shooting in Germany years ago.
    It's so easy to just blame video games, music or movies instead of focusing on the real problems. And it totally sounds better than "we gotta do some long term stuff that you will not understand anyway and won't get me any votes!".
    3DS FC: 0748-2376-4827

Trump is meeting with video game execs sometime next week.
    He seems to think we need some sort of rating system for games and movies.

If only we had some sort of entertainment software rating board or movie picture association of america rating system

Dog does not approve. onemoment's Avatar

Coming from the politics thread to here was a mistake, but it was one I should have seen coming.

I can't imagine what Trump will do though. He couldn't possibly try to shift the blame on them, as those executives should be educated enough to defend themselves. I feel I should expect the same rambling incompetence from his last two meetings, except I don't know if Trump respects these people, or feels he needs to respect them in public.

I'm partly expecting Trump to just yell vitriol at the developers of "Flower" for 30 minutes.

If anyone who likes Bioware cares, they're releasing a revamped Neverwinter Nights.
    https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/201...ate-announced/

I've never played it, but I've heard nothing but good things about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Satsuki View Post
    If anyone who likes Bioware cares, they're releasing a revamped Neverwinter Nights.
    https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/201...ate-announced/

I've never played it, but I've heard nothing but good things about it.
    Hmm.....curious how that will be. NWN was mostly well known for all of the story mods and such which I guess would be incompatible with an enhanced edition.

Fighting game design, as seen through the lens of Skullgirls
    3DS FC: 0516-7666-3837
    SW-4128-8032-0729

Been binging on some fighting game analysis, the dude of A Gaming something channel, a dedicated channel for the genere, makes a very good point of the legendary dude (Daigo I think) that parried a full chun li super, and how capcom made that easier in SFV, and how that and other changes make it so that anyone can play with techniques that they have polished over 20 years, and I disagree on principle, while now people can make the mechanical part with way less training and effort, the psychological and mastery components aren't there, and the skill gap is still there. They made a mechanic that less than 1% of the players will be able to use and enjoy.

There is a lot to discuss about the communication between developers, stakeholders, pros, fans and casuals, they all want diferent things and the disconection is just going to grow as the social media ties everyone together. Casuals by definition don't care, but are the target of the stakeholders, the developers want to make fans and pros happy, but also must follow what the stakeholders ask because they have the money, fans and pros have diferent definitions of fun but have managed a middle ground in the past, as the fans don't have the "star power" of a pro they can't make the same media buzz as them, and so forth, there is a disconect between what everyone wants.

There is also this random gdd that I read for the Ateher smash inspired game, that what everyone wanted buffed was all about improving the weakness of characters, weaknesess that were there by desing to balance these fighters, and following these advices led to the homogenization of the fighters.

Oh well, I'll be playing Skullgirls.
    SW-4128-8032-0729

http://www.fantasystrike.com/

Another fighting game oriented to accesibility.
    SW-4128-8032-0729

Discovered Stowaway killerbee1000's Avatar

New God of War gameplay walkthrough. Camera angle, graphics, and new combat system looks amazing.

https://youtu.be/2e-yAATMjBI

played a bit of the Sea of Thieves beta and read some initial reviews.

Congrats, Microsoft, you have your own No Man's Sky. Hope it gets the continuing support that NMS did.

Quote Originally Posted by killerbee1000 View Post
    New God of War gameplay walkthrough. Camera angle, graphics, and new combat system looks amazing.

https://youtu.be/2e-yAATMjBI
    I'm seeing a lot of different opinions. What makes you say that?

Quote Originally Posted by tatermoog View Post
    played a bit of the Sea of Thieves beta and read some initial reviews.

Congrats, Microsoft, you have your own No Man's Sky. Hope it gets the continuing support that NMS did.
    So basically it's not very good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284

Quote Originally Posted by Green_vs_Red View Post
    So basically it's not very good.
    It's good if you have the right mindset and are willing to use it as a sandbox to make your own fun. Just...feels incomplete? Rudderless?

NMS is now a pretty good game, and most of that was actually providing a bit of direction and progression.

Quote Originally Posted by Yobiyopi View Post
    I'm seeing a lot of different opinions. What makes you say that?
    It's a big change at least. After six games, they really needed to change up the gameplay a bit.

My lazyness yesterday led me to get Slay the Spire, pretty fun game, a better version of hearthstone's dungeon runs, but as a full game with progression around it.
    SW-4128-8032-0729

I'm looking to get a new roguelike and I'm torn between Darkest Dungeon and Slay the Spire. I've seen both in action on streams, and was wondering if anyone here had any opinions on them.

3DS FC: 0662-3589-2887
    NNID: Gibbs-free

Darkest dungeon has lost me like 2 times, I start and there's something that doesn't draw me in.

While slay the spire scratches the rougelike itch better, but it still lacks content, with just two characters (even tho I haven't managed to slay the titular spire), and also is the new hotness.

DD is the more traditional of the two, while StS is something new.

DD has a proper story, while StS has bits and pieces

They both have the helpless spirit of the rougelike down perfectly.
    SW-4128-8032-0729

DD had me pretty hooked for a while.

I love how you have to get rid of your old habits, taken in after playing so many character oriented games. You won't be able to save your favorite characters and progress at the same time. The game does a great job making each character feel different, with appearance, move set and personality. All their strengths and weaknesses can lead to some pretty epic turnarounds in either winning or losing battles. Felt a nice rush a couple of times.

Never finished it but it's still on my drive, waiting patiently.
    Quote Originally Posted by Outerspec View Post
    Trying to understand Bleach is like trying to drink a bottle of bleach.

It makes no sense and you'll be dead before you're finished.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information