+ Reply to Thread
Page 190 of 195 FirstFirst ... 90 140 180 188 189 190 191 192 ... LastLast
Results 3,781 to 3,800 of 3887

Thread: General Video Game Discussion

MALKIOR THE DESTROYER KaizokuJinbei's Avatar

Default Re: General Video Game Discussion

PSN: Ryuunaga, Nintendo Switch Friend ID: SW-1971-9767-4001, Steam: Malkior7, 3DS FC: 4167-5777-1464

Quote Originally Posted by Serra Britt View Post
    I had one of those once upon a time. It weighed about 100 pounds though so I really couldn't do much with it :/
    Quote Originally Posted by Foolio View Post
    My first HDTV was a widescreen 34-inch 720p CRT. Sadly it just stopped working one day, because it was a pretty nice TV. But monstrously large and heavy, I mean thank god for flat screens honestly.
    What did you guys store those things on? I'm worried that most tables will bend and collapse over time, so mine sits on the floor.

I had a sturdy wood desk for it. The desk itself was pretty heavy too.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruin View Post
    Look's like the game has been bound and gagged permanently.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284

MALKIOR THE DESTROYER KaizokuJinbei's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ruin View Post
    I suspected something was up since it went mostly dark after it's reveal
    PSN: Ryuunaga, Nintendo Switch Friend ID: SW-1971-9767-4001, Steam: Malkior7, 3DS FC: 4167-5777-1464

After the golden triad of Platinum games was first announced looks like Nier Automata is the only one that's going to come out strong.

Will Kamiya hit on Twitter again?
    Spoiler:
    Original Stories:
    Hybrid
    Four Swords

Platinum always reuses assets and mechanics between different games, so even if Scalebound in its entirety wont exist, it will do so in other forms in other games.

As for Kamiya, after his recovery from this it's very likely that he will come up with another super imaginative world with gameplay vastly different from the "Bayonetta clones" Platinum has been indulging for a while.

The game always looked kinda bland and monster hunter like to the point of being boring to me, but I always had trust in kamiya to make it great in the end, so I am kinda bummed out about the cancelation, but at the same time not really. Much more excited about Platinums Nier Automata.^^

Still, the man hasn't directed a single bad game in his entire career: Resident Evil 2, Devil May Cry, Viewtiful Joe, Okami, Bayonetta and the Wonderful 101.

Footage only shown behind doors to journos reportedly had Drew and Thuban tag-teaming DMC3 Doppelganger-style while doing DMC-esque combos. So basically we were only shown bad, stilted demos, like that FF15 Titan demo, that didn't show the best the combat had to offer.

Spoiler:
    Original Stories:
    Hybrid
    Four Swords

Quote Originally Posted by MajinArekkusu View Post

Still, the man hasn't directed a single bad game in his entire career: Resident Evil 2, Devil May Cry, Viewtiful Joe, Okami, Bayonetta and the Wonderful 101.
    ....4 of these things are not like the other and 4 of these things don't belong in the same space as game's that were commercially successful.
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting

Quote Originally Posted by Green_vs_Red View Post
    ....4 of these things are not like the other and 4 of these things don't belong in the same space as game's that were commercially successful.
    Since when has commercal success been an indication of a games quality? It's not like you're a publisher sales shouldn't really matter to a consumer

Quote Originally Posted by Black Leg View Post
    Since when has commercal success been an indication of a games quality? It's not like you're a publisher sales shouldn't really matter to a consumer
    Good sales equal good profit, it also increases the chances of sequels.......ones that aren't made exclusive to a console no one wants or taken from a console and thrown on a handheld or mobile device.

I mean it's not like some of us are waiting for sequels to things like Viewtiful Joe or Okami or anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Green_vs_Red View Post
    Good sales equal good profit, it also increases the chances of sequels.......ones that aren't made exclusive to a console no one wants or taken from a console and thrown on a handheld or mobile device.

I mean it's not like some of us are waiting for sequels to things like Viewtiful Joe or Okami or anything.
    Personally i don't think Okami needed a full fledged sequel, it stood on it's own as a strong solitary game and didn't need to become a franchise, Okamiden was fine in my eyes. Also it's not like Viewtiful Joe 2 doesn't exist.

Quote Originally Posted by Black Leg View Post
    Also it's not like Viewtiful Joe 2 doesn't exist.
    I know 2 exists it's the 3rd game that doesn't. Don't think the 2nd one was supposed to end on a cliffhanger that still hasn't been resolved.
    Last edited by Green_vs_Red; January 11th, 2017 at 02:12 PM.

If this thing gets a Game Gear adapter, I'm sold.

For anyone that hasn't et picked up Shantae and the Pirate's Curse, it's part of the current Humble Bundle, and you can get it for 1$, along with Epic Battle Fantasy 4 and Pony Island.

https://www.humblebundle.com/overwhe...ositive-bundle

I keep looking at that Robby. I already have the Shantae game, but I could give it to someone else...and the other two look interesting.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information