+ Reply to Thread
Page 145 of 254 FirstFirst ... 45 95 135 143 144 145 146 147 155 195 245 ... LastLast
Results 2,881 to 2,900 of 5079

Thread: General Video Game Discussion

Default Re: General Video Game Discussion

Sometimes I wonder what will happen if Miyamoto or Inafune dies.

Quote Originally Posted by KageKageKing View Post
    Sometimes I wonder what will happen if Miyamoto or Inafune dies.
    The games they're responsible will still be made provided video games are still popular by the time that happens.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284

of the Hundred Beasts The Laughing Man's Avatar
    Watching a fat, egg-shaped woman fall down a waterfall.

It's pretty bad that the vocal minority has the ability to ruin stuff for the majority. Seriously. These internet white knights are getting out of control, and the developer does, in my opinion, have a point.

Reminds me of people crying over Quiet in Metal Gear Solid V, and Kojima's hilarious response (that I'm sure was sarcastic) about having Quiet dress like she does to increase sales and promote 'sexy cosplay'. lol

Assholes. Character looked fun, and now we won't get her in the american release because they're vocal assholes? We'll instead get a macho skinhead or something?

Ugh.

I hope that's just sarcasm.
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.
    https://www.viz.com/shonenjump

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

Neogaf is a hive of shrill ninnies who flip out at the slightest touch, why would you listen to them.

Last edited by y2kyle89; December 9th, 2014 at 04:55 PM. Reason: Personally, I don't like her design but I'm not outraged by her existence
    Quote Originally Posted by John Adams
    I have always been dissatisfied, I know that. But lately I find I reek of discontentment; it fills my throat and floods my brain. Sometimes I fear there's no longer a dream but only the discontentment.

Quote Originally Posted by Robby View Post
    Assholes. Character looked fun, and now we won't get her in the american release because they're vocal assholes? We'll instead get a macho skinhead or something?

Ugh.

I hope that's just sarcasm.
    Definitely sarcasm......especially the last part which is just a joke poking fun of how most protagonists look in the west. They wouldn't go through the million or more dollars it takes to make a new character for a joke unless they were crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by Zack View Post
    Definitely sarcasm......especially the last part which is just a joke poking fun of how most protagonists look in the west. They wouldn't go through the million or more dollars it takes to make a new character for a joke unless they were crazy.
    The japanese can be very crazy when it comes to games though.
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting

Quote Originally Posted by Zack View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by From NeoGaf
    Harada is pretty smart. He framed Chloe as a defense against bald space marines, even though this character is just as much of a shameless, generic means to pander to an audience. Just a different audience.
    But yeah, I'm convinced this is sarcasm IGN is taking seriously for clicks.
    Last edited by y2kyle89; December 9th, 2014 at 07:01 PM. Reason: Also from NeoGaf: "Japanese designed and her breasts aren't 40DD, she's automatically a loli / toddler" lol
    Quote Originally Posted by John Adams
    I have always been dissatisfied, I know that. But lately I find I reek of discontentment; it fills my throat and floods my brain. Sometimes I fear there's no longer a dream but only the discontentment.

A couple questions:

1- So apparently Persona Q's been out for quite some time now. It seems it's quite a decent dungeon crawler, anyone had a chance to play it? How does it hold up compared to the rest of the SMTverse franchise?

2- I've been thinking of getting a 3DS because of the amount of Atlus stuff that's being either made or re-made specifically for it (SMT IV, the Overclock remakes, Persona Q, who knows what else), though I'm kinda broke as of now and I've seen the 2DS is like the cheaper version of it.

Is it an unwise decision to go for the 2DS just to save some bucks? How much I'd be missing without the 3D (a gimmick I've never been interested in, tbh)? Or is there something else in there like screen resolution, better controls (bigger/more ergonomical), game compatibilities, that kinda stuff?

Thanks in advance!

PQ is also on my to-do list but I'll probs get around to it after beating P3 and P4 lol

Quote Originally Posted by kouch_lee View Post
    2- I've been thinking of getting a 3DS because of the amount of Atlus stuff that's being either made or re-made specifically for it (SMT IV, the Overclock remakes, Persona Q, who knows what else), though I'm kinda broke as of now and I've seen the 2DS is like the cheaper version of it.

Is it an unwise decision to go for the 2DS just to save some bucks? How much I'd be missing without the 3D (a gimmick I've never been interested in, tbh)? Or is there something else in there like screen resolution, better controls (bigger/more ergonomical), game compatibilities, that kinda stuff?

Thanks in advance!
    The 3DS/XL have foldable screens for portability (although Mugen can probably attest that the hinge design of the XL has much to be desired), and there's a new version of each coming out next year presumably (although Nintendo hasn't formally announced it being available overseas technically). The 2DS is one large squarish piece of hardware designed with tonka tough steel plastic, so although it's durable, it's not exactly as pocket friendly as the other two.

That said, if you just want to stash it in your bag or just want to play games with it, there's essentially no difference between it and the 3DS in terms of capability.

A couple questions:

1- So apparently Persona Q's been out for quite some time now. It seems it's quite a decent dungeon crawler, anyone had a chance to play it? How does it hold up compared to the rest of the SMTverse franchise?

Thanks in advance!
    1.It plays more like Etraian (sp?) Odyssey rather than a standard Persona/SMT game. So if you're into rogue map making dungeon crawling game then I say go for it. Just DON'T expect Persona-ish game play and you'll be set.

2.Eh...the 3D effect for all games listed are fairly gimmicky. They add to the visual flair of SMT IV but it isn't completely necessary. I only turn it on occasionally for Boss battles to see the sprites pop out SLIGHTLY but that's about it. Heck, Digital Devil Summoner didn't even have any 3D effects (though that game is totally worth getting too...albiet slightly antiquated, but still a damn good game). The 3D effects really aren't a huge priority in any of these games. For me, the 3DS is just more comfortable due to being able to fold it and carry it around (downside is the joints DO weaken...at least with my 3DS XL). But really, if you're going to play it at home, then just go for the 2DS if money REALLY is an issue. Otherwise, just go for a 3DS XL (or heck, standard 3DS are cheaper now I think)

=

Is it an unwise decision to go for the 2DS just to save some bucks?
    If you're not willing to wait and save up for a 3DSXL then just go for the 2DS.
    Last edited by Green_vs_Red; December 9th, 2014 at 08:50 PM. Reason: Don't text and play at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by Green_vs_Red View Post
    If you're not willing to wait and save up for a 3DSXL and don't care about not being able to play GBA cartridges off the system just go for it.
    No 3DS can play GBA cartridges. That was just DS -> DS Lite

Quote Originally Posted by Purple Hermit View Post
    No 3DS can play GBA cartridges. That was just DS -> DS Lite
    I don't know why the hell I typed that.

If this whole story with Tekken 7 is true, then Harada can go fuck himself. It's a terrible design. It is a terrible character. You wanna be a child and be all "Well you won't get it! Enjoy your shirtless dudes!" then fuck you and your games. This ain't GAF's fault. Don't design shitty characters that clearly are just to cater to weeaboos.
    Last edited by Buuhan1; December 9th, 2014 at 10:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Buuhan1 View Post
    Don't design shitty characters that clearly are just to cater to weeaboos.
    I don't think Chloe the character everyone is bitching about was designed to appeal specifically to American & European audiences.

Plus all signs point to (the region exclusivity bit) being a lie and Harada not genuinely giving a shit what people don't like about Chloe outside of her design.

The Tekken series is a franchise that's know for having a myriad of playable characters that are bit out there. From boxing Kangaroos, to robots/androids, to bears and demons. And yet with all that Chloe is apparently the one character in all that zaniness that's a deal breaker for some who apparently could care less about how a new character in Tekken plays and more concerned about how the character looks.
    Last edited by Green_vs_Red; December 9th, 2014 at 11:06 PM.

I don't get why people have such an issue with it. I mean yeah, pandering, but I don't know, just seems like a stupid thing to complain about. What's the complaining about anyway? Is it because it's Japanese pandering (I mean it is a Japanese game) or is it the whole "sexist" thing still?

Quote Originally Posted by valiantt View Post
    1.It plays more like Etraian (sp?) Odyssey rather than a standard Persona/SMT game. So if you're into rogue map making dungeon crawling game then I say go for it. Just DON'T expect Persona-ish game play and you'll be set.
    So, something like SMT:Strange Journey but with something that can pass as "graphics"? Then I'm all for that!

Quote Originally Posted by Purple Hermit View Post
    PQ is also on my to-do list but I'll probs get around to it after beating P3 and P4 lol

The 3DS/XL have foldable screens for portability (although Mugen can probably attest that the hinge design of the XL has much to be desired), and there's a new version of each coming out next year presumably (although Nintendo hasn't formally announced it being available overseas technically). The 2DS is one large squarish piece of hardware designed with tonka tough steel plastic, so although it's durable, it's not exactly as pocket friendly as the other two.

That said, if you just want to stash it in your bag or just want to play games with it, there's essentially no difference between it and the 3DS in terms of capability.
    Quote Originally Posted by valiantt
    2.Eh...the 3D effect for all games listed are fairly gimmicky. They add to the visual flair of SMT IV but it isn't completely necessary. I only turn it on occasionally for Boss battles to see the sprites pop out SLIGHTLY but that's about it. Heck, Digital Devil Summoner didn't even have any 3D effects (though that game is totally worth getting too...albiet slightly antiquated, but still a damn good game). The 3D effects really aren't a huge priority in any of these games. For me, the 3DS is just more comfortable due to being able to fold it and carry it around (downside is the joints DO weaken...at least with my 3DS XL). But really, if you're going to play it at home, then just go for the 2DS if money REALLY is an issue. Otherwise, just go for a 3DS XL (or heck, standard 3DS are cheaper now I think)
    Quote Originally Posted by Green_vs_Red View Post
    If you're not willing to wait and save up for a 3DSXL then just go for the 2DS.
    I want it to play at home, basically, I don't much care for it's "carriability", if that's even a word or a concept, I just made that word up. I just want a "chance" to play these games, since it seems Atlus is really gunning for the 3DS, plus it already has some juicy stuff in there or in the making (Zeldas and the like).

2DS seems to be a cool option so far if I'm in it just for the gaming, I gather. As long as the screen's not so small that I'll end up half blind, it's something I'll strongly consider for this christmas.

Thanks everyone! (oh, and thanks valiantt for reminding me about DDS; is the one that was originally on the Saturn?)

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information