+ Reply to Thread
Page 69 of 97 FirstFirst ... 19 59 67 68 69 70 71 79 ... LastLast
Results 1,361 to 1,380 of 1940

Thread: Mortal Kombat 9

Default Re: Mortal Kombat 9

Perhaps this video well help anyone defeat him.

Also another silly comic. I have an idea for a Smoke comic, but I'll have to stop being lazy first.

Whew, story mode is done. Thanks so much for your help, guys! I finally got my timing down and was able to beat him. Gah, Shao Khan, you cheap bastard. Not looking forward to fighting him again for the Challenge Tower. I think I can safely assume he's harder to defeat during the tower challenges than in story mode?

Speaking of which! Now that SM is completed, I can finally start working on that. Excellent! Let's see, I'm currently on Challenge #17 out....of.....300.

a mood come alive.

Do 50 at a time and it won't seem as long.

Also, you fight Shao Khan a LOT in the tower and you don't get to pick who you want to use there either except for the final fight.

With the exception for Shang Tsung, most of the fighters you get to use aren't as bad as Raiden. Sub-Zero, Scorpion, and Stryker aren't too bad.

My favorite thing to do with Shang Tsung is his skull attack that brings the opponent to you and then you can do a combo on them.

Quote Originally Posted by Insider2000 View Post
    With the exception for Shang Tsung, most of the fighters you get to use aren't as bad as Raiden. Sub-Zero, Scorpion, and Stryker aren't too bad.

Shang isn't bad, he just seems to require more practice than other people. And if your opponent picks someone you know how to play with then the soul steal can be devastating with that power boost.

Sub.........despite being one of my favs for years I just can't play that well with him, no matter how much I try. I have a couple of go-to combos, one that leads into x-ray, but he just seems slow as hell.

Scorp is good but again, people refuse to learn how to play with him.

Styker is very good but, you know, he sucks.

Bring Back Sarus!

Without KOS the forum is a POS.

Subzero is kind of slow but I still like playing with him. I don't really like Scorpion though.

My name is a Killing Word Zyordius's Avatar

I've been searching the net but I'm unable to find an answer to this question-What does Tournament Mode(the Vs screen code) do exactly?
    I just learned that three other buddies picked this up so we're going to try to have a MK9 fight night.
    Also-
    Hidden:

And this I just saw a few days ago-Babalities on Goro,Kintaro and Shao Kahn(from Game Faqs)

In order to use your Babality on Goro or Kintaro, you must be playing on Medium difficulty or higher and use you Babality on Shang Tsung, you must also have not lost a round, after you beat Goro or Kintaro you will automaticly use your Babality on them if you met the requirements. In order to use it on Shao Kahn, you must have used a Babality on everybody, including Goro or Kintaro.

Tournament mode probably lets you and another person pick a character and then fills in the rest of the tournament roster with computer characters.

I thought Raiden was EXTREMELY easy to use. There's a combo (can remember exactly) but it's something like jump traingle triangle square triangle electric grab move uppercut. Does a TON of damage. Just keep a distance until he throws something and then teleport and start combo. I can't remember the exact buttons but it took only two seconds to figure it out..

My name is a Killing Word Zyordius's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sakonosolo View Post
    Tournament mode probably lets you and another person pick a character and then fills in the rest of the tournament roster with computer characters.
    I tried it out this morning and that's not the case, seemingly nothing was different in the match so I'm wondering if there are certain match options that need to be filled or what not.

@RuNa: Thanks for the heads-up man, good to know. Bleh, Shao Kahn; I will never escape you, it seems. :\

So, Shang Tsung, SZ, Scorpion, and Stryker are the other characters you fight Shao Kahn with in the Tower? Hmm, ok. I've not played with Shang Tsung yet, but I definitely don't look forward to fighting SK with Sub-Zero. I can't use him very well either, he feels kind of stiff to me. Time to practice!

Also: http://www.neoseeker.com/news/16426-...60-ps3-and-pc/

The first 3 MK games are going to be rereleased for the 360/PS3/PC this summer for $10, and will support online play. That's pretty sweet--especially for those of us who haven't played the original games before. ^^

a mood come alive.

Oho.

MK 2 with online play :D!!!

Sweet! So getting that!

Quote Originally Posted by Dervish View Post
    So, Shang Tsung, SZ, Scorpion, and Stryker are the other characters you fight Shao Kahn with in the Tower? Hmm, ok. I've not played with Shang Tsung yet, but I definitely don't look forward to fighting SK with Sub-Zero. I can't use him very well either, he feels kind of stiff to me. Time to practice!
    Shang's is pretty tough. It was for me, anyway.
    Stryker is tough if you don't realize how much of a boss killer Stryker really is. Especially with Shao Kahn.
    Sub-Zero and Scorpion's is challenging, but the fun factor overshadows the challenge.

Oh my lord I can see why they say this game has a shitty netcode...

Input delay out the ass, in matches with Koma?!

Quote Originally Posted by Buccaneer View Post
    Celine Dion post in the MK thread. I wish I could neg you.

The update is coming. Chillax.

Apparently, a patch is coming with extra FREE content. Skarlet will be coming too, but of course, she isn't free.

So they are updating the netcode, then?

Marvelous.

Quote Originally Posted by Buccaneer View Post
    Celine Dion post in the MK thread. I wish I could neg you.

All day, every day TakinawaTonfa's Avatar

Apparently, a patch is coming with extra FREE content. Skarlet will be coming too, but of course, she isn't free.
    Any details on what exactly the content is?

When is that update coming?

Where will you find...
    And how will you use...
    The forbidden fruit?

My younger brother is a 360 nerd and my older brother has a 360 too so we played him. I cannot use the 360 controller, seriously.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information