+ Reply to Thread
Page 68 of 97 FirstFirst ... 18 58 66 67 68 69 70 78 ... LastLast
Results 1,341 to 1,360 of 1940

Thread: Mortal Kombat 9

Default Re: Mortal Kombat 9

If by "with me" you mean think that's pretty much the stupidest thing one has ever heard than me.

All day, every day TakinawaTonfa's Avatar

No offense, but I have absolutely no desire to another copy of the same game, especially when I have enough gift certificates to get a decent discount on Portal 2.

'Sides, I'm sure the minute I buy a 360 copy is when the PSN comes back on.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Shmeckie View Post
    So I'm just gonna say "fuck it" and buy a copy for the 360.

Who's with me?

I am not and I can't recommend it for others as it's hard to play with a stick and the 360 pad is beyond terrible.

Bring Back Sarus!

Without KOS the forum is a POS.

You have fun with that Schmeck.

I may not have a PSN connection at the moment, but you don't see me running to renew my 360 account anytime soon.

Back to studying for finals.

Quote Originally Posted by TakinawaTonfa View Post
    No offense, but I have absolutely no desire to another copy of the same game, especially when I have enough gift certificates to get a decent discount on Portal 2.

'Sides, I'm sure the minute I buy a 360 copy is when the PSN comes back on.
    You know I go cross-platform on all my fighters anyway, and I'm starting to think this is God's way of telling me to get to it with MK9.

Quote Originally Posted by Buccaneer View Post
    Celine Dion post in the MK thread. I wish I could neg you.

Oh my God! I need to stop talking to people about the story of this game! This series is so fucking convoluted! So many backstories and arcs with each and every one of these characters presented from MK1 to MK:A.

And now everything is retconned! Not to mention, the number of things dropped out of the story. And now, even with my dozens of theories of what I think they could do with the series, I have no fucking clue. I don't know where they are going, and I just feel like they're going to go crashing into a wall with the next one.

Again, not that I hate this game. This game is fantastic. But I'd hate to be the people who make the sequel...

UGH! I need to stop thinking!

Don't overthink it. They didn't introduce any plot threads that didn't exist back in M1-3, with the exception of Quan Chi. Noob Saibot's plans for world domination being a big one, for instance. He didn't even make the first move until Deadly Alliance. And then there's Ermac gaining his freedom and becoming Kenshi's mentor.

I thought it was the other way around. Ermac broke free and then wandered aimlessly until he met Kenshi and Kenshi became his mentor.

Apparently not. Ermac trained Kenshi in the art of telekenesis, and became something of a lone wolf hero type.

How they'll impliment this when Kenshi becomes DLC I have no idea. I suppose it'll pop up in his Arcade ending.

Speaking of Arcade endings, anyone else find Liu Kang's ending kind of funny?

Spoiler:
    He demands that the Elder Gods grant him Raiden's status, and he easily defeats Raiden as the condition to be granted said God status.

Basically, "Yeah....Raiden, you're more of a burden than a mentor, I think its time for you to fuck off."

Stryker's ending is also really hilarious.

I'm actually pretty happy with some of these endings. I love Stryker's of course. I wish there were more funny ones. Can't believe Cage's was so serious.

Hidden:
    Even sad. I think they were implying that he may have accidentally killed some allies with his powers. Would suck if he accidentally killed Sonya...

Although, he INTENTIONALLY did that in the Armageddon intro.

Arn't I lucky I got this for 360 And I was gonna get this for Ps3 to play with you guys. I guess I made the right choice..for now?

Anybody else think they are pretty good with a character, and then go online and see a YouTube video where someone else with that character performs a ridiculous 70% combo. Makes me feel like I will never be good at this game

Sure, I get that all the time. I practice with a character and learn some combos and then I think "Ha! Now I can hold my own!"....and then I get online and get my ass promptly handed to me, lol. But it's important not to get discouraged; some people have more time to train than others, and some players just take longer to get the hang of things (like me). There's really no shortcut to getting better at the game, it just takes lots of practice.

And I am so close to being done with Story Mode (which would have gone a lot quicker if I could actually use the tv (correction: my tv) in my house for more than 30 minutes at a stretch. >_>) I think Kitana's going to be one of my mains, though. I'm just have too much fun throwing those fans and zooming ass-first through the air. ^^

Also.
    Hidden:

I thought this was cute. ^^

a mood come alive.

That comic's awesome . Kitana's pretty good, she's really fast and I enjoy throwing the fans as well . Not sure who I'll end up maining. I enjoy playing as Stryker, Ermac, Noob, Kung Lao, Liu Kang, Sub Zero, and Kano. Though there's probably some I've forgotten.

lol @Comic

I use Stryker (duh), Reptile, Ermac, and Cyber Sub-Zero.

So, how far are you into the story, Dervish?

I'm at the last battle in the last chapter. ^^

Spoiler:
    Shao Khan is kind of kicking my ass right now and I'm a bit at a loss as to what to do. Seems like every time I try to put some distance between myself and SK, he closes it with his shoulder charge. I tried to keep teleporting back and forth behind him to sneak hits in and he keeps catching me. When I try to escape the heat with Raiden's torpedo, he starts spamming arrows/hammers at me when I land.

It's...a bit aggravating. :<
    Last edited by Dervish; May 10th, 2011 at 05:41 AM. Reason: I really need to get better...*sigh*

a mood come alive.

Teleporting is gonna be your best friend against Shao Khan, the quicker you can behind him the better.

I usually just try to land a hit on him and teleport as soon as he gets up because thats when he goes into another attack, from there I dash behind and uppercut him, then repeat the process.

Or if all else fails, you can switch the "Story Mode Difficulty" to the easiest. You get Quan Chi and the trophies/achievements regardless.

Spoiler:
    Shao Kahn is easy with Raiden if you're not above spamming. X, X, O, torpedo until you get him in the corner then X, X, O, X, X, O, Square, Triangle, Square, Triangle, torpedo, then teleport and do it again.

Bring Back Sarus!

Without KOS the forum is a POS.

I did the teleporting and then torpedo attack but shooting lightning might work too since most projectile attacks seem to work on him. The torpedo attack works the best if you do it right before he throws his javelin.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information