+ Reply to Thread
Page 54 of 97 FirstFirst ... 4 44 52 53 54 55 56 64 ... LastLast
Results 1,061 to 1,080 of 1940

Thread: Mortal Kombat 9

Too much kick ! ! ! thewizardkoma's Avatar

Default Re: Mortal Kombat 9

Quote Originally Posted by RageaSarus View Post
    Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat?!
    Try it out yourself, you'll be happy to be wrong.

♥ Friendship is Rainbows ♫♪ RageaSarus's Avatar

It seems to be...

I was...
    Hidden:
    RIGHT.

It ain't working! DX

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

NOOOOO!!!

I was WRONG!

YESSSSSSS!!!!!! FUCK YESSS!!!!!

It seems to be...

I was...
    Hidden:
    RIGHT.

It ain't working! DX
    Well that's just weird. It works perfectly fine for me.

*Update*

Ah ha ha ha XD
    Last edited by thewizardkoma; April 21st, 2011 at 12:34 PM. Reason: Oh ha ha XD

It took a while, but I learned about the "Start" thing.

However, I didn't know you had to press [Start] again. Haha!

I thought you just press [X] for Color 1 and then [Start], then [X] for Color 2.

Holy fucking shit, you can go to Costume 1, Costume 2, Klassic and pick their Color 2(s)!

Do you fucking know how bad I bugged Netherrealm Studios about "Can you pick Color 2?" Haha!

Happy, hype, happy, hype~!
    I just might start using Sub-Zero again, despite how ASS he is!

"Sexy Color 2 Blue Color Scheme" Sub-Zero/Kitana for the win~!

In other news... yay... I'm playing as Stryker now...
    Details? Problems? Come on man...

Quote Originally Posted by competitionbros View Post
    Everytime I hear Mileena's "She's going away" I get goosebumps.
    Here's hoping that Mileena's appearance in the next game has her being completely batshit insane since Shao Kahn is dead.

I was WRONG!
    Glad I could help.

Too bad Stryker's 1Player costumes are unlimitedly better.

Styker is extremely good, if I didn't hate him so much I would consider maining him.

Bring Back Sarus!

Without KOS the forum is a POS.

Quote Originally Posted by competitionbros View Post
    Styker is extremely good, if I didn't hate him so much I would consider maining him.

Stryker is lame. I hate the guy, but after playing with him. I have to admit. He's probably one of the best keepaway characters (I wish the police were best at keepaway) with Kabal as runner-up.

Oh, and I beat Story Mode by the way.

I'll never understand the hate for Stryker. I can understand hating the police, but I can't hate Chris Redfield, Jill Valentine, Aya Brea, Renee Montoya, Cybil Bennett, Ky Kiske, Chun-Li, etc, just because they are cops.

And boring? I can understand considering him to be uninteresting for it, but 'hating' him? That's a bit strong.

Oh, and I beat Story Mode by the way.
    Comments?

Quote Originally Posted by Insider2000 View Post
    I'll never understand the hate for Stryker. I can understand hating the police, but I can't hate Chris Redfield, Jill Valentine, Aya Brea, Renee Montoya, Cybil Bennett, Ky Kiske, Chun-Li, etc, just because they are cops.
    I don't hate him because he's the police foo'.

Yeah.
    If that was true, I would hate her as well.

I hate him, because you obviously have not played Mortal Kombat 3.

And boring? I can understand considering him to be uninteresting for it, but 'hating' him? That's a bit strong.
    I never said he was boring.

Yes, "hate" is a strong word and I strongly hate the guy, because he was a major ugly dick in the past and I'm bracing myself to see if he's going to be the same ol' dick like he was 15 years ago.

Comments?
    Good shit.

A bit salty with the aftermath.
    Spoiler:
    People kept saying, "Raiden is a trollololololol."

No. He's not a troll. He's an overdramatic dumb-fucking-ass.

He got a lot of people killed, including my Kitana!! (Which I'm not going to lie, I was kinda cheering for Sindel; "You can't fuck with sexy moms!") and even Liu Kang! ...but who cares?

Oh, and cool about Sonya living and all, but why the FUCK Johnny didn't die?! He's an assy character (he's only there for laughs) in the Story! Out of all people... HE survived?! What?! Fuckin' up tradition MK!

Nonetheless, it was noice.

I have to say, though. My friends were like, "Oh my god! 1v2 fights are so hard! You fight two bosses at once! The story's difficulty gets higher and higher as you progress." and "The final boss is cheap as fuck! I've been fighting him for three hours!"

The 1v2 fighters were not that hard. It took me a good 2-3 attempts to adopt, then rape and Shao Khan is too fucking stupid and arrogant to even fuck with "God-tier" Raiden.

/facepalm

By the way...
    Spoiler:
    Fuck Shinnok.

I hate him, because you obviously have not played Mortal Kombat 3.
    Yes, "hate" is a strong word and I strongly hate the guy, because he was a major ugly dick in the past and I'm bracing myself to see if he's going to be the same ol' dick like he was 15 years ago.
    I did play MK3.

Stryker was a regular cop (unlikely now, where he's SWAT) who was selected by Raiden to be a part of Earthrealm's warriors. Stryker has no idea why he was selected for this. His general story had him working alongside Earthrealm warriors, and his general ending had him going back to his own and swearing to protect the Earth. He had no general impact in the story AT ALL.

He ranked pretty highly amongst the characters in the series, especially in UMK3, when he got his gun. He was fairly good character, despite the major number of people who hated him. He also had an infinite combo, come UMK3, that would piss many players off. He was very standard looking, and very unattractive to most people (although he was one of my biggest crushes as a kid, but whatever). People constantly call him fat (he was meaty, but I've always been a bit of a chubby chaser), his versus pose made him look ugly (which had him making a 'don't fuck with me' face, I mean John Turk is a good looking man, but his maskless Sub-Zero versus pose doesn't make him look too pretty either), and people despise him for being a normal, human fighter amongst sorcerers, ninjas, and assassins.

Is there anything I'm missing?

Don't tell me I haven't played MK3. I've been waiting for Stryker's proper revival for 15 years, and that bullshit I saw in Armageddon doesn't count. And for those 15 years, I've had friends hate Stryker. Trust me, I'VE PLAYED MK3. I may not have been a good player, but I played it.

Spoiler:
    People kept saying, "Raiden is a trollololololol."

No. He's not a troll. He's an overdramatic dumb-fucking-ass.

He got a lot of people killed, including my Kitana!! (Which I'm not going to lie, I was kinda cheering for Sindel; "You can't fuck with sexy moms!") and even Liu Kang! ...but who cares?

Oh, and cool about Sonya living and all, but why the FUCK Johnny didn't die?! He's an assy character (he's only there for laughs) in the Story! Out of all people... HE survived?! What?! Fuckin' up tradition MK!
    Spoiler:
    I've been pretty worried about the series taking a SFIII turn (meaning that the dead characters will remain dead), but the more I think about it...
    -Boon and co. have never been all that good at making new characters.
    -No one ever dies in Mortal Kombat.

What DID piss me off was HOW everyone was killed. Kung Lao, Kitana, and Nightwolf all had pretty dramatic deaths, but....jesus...Kabal, Stryker, Sub-Zero, Jax, Smoke, and Jade were all killed like nothing was up. It was pretty painful to watch.

A lot of people are thinking the next game will be Earthrealm Heroes + Outworld Heroes vs Shinnok, Quan Chi, Tanya, and the Undead Heroes. If that's the case, I'm looking forward to that....no matter how much Shinnok sucks.

By the way...
    Spoiler:
    Fuck Shinnok.
    Spoiler:
    Yeah, but I've always liked Quan Chi. Don't get me wrong, he's pure bag of dicks, but his bark could match his bite. Either way, Quan Chi was generally smarter than his master, anyway. I'm pretty sure it's going to end up with Quan Chi betraying Shinnok, and Shinnok getting raped.

Hopefully Raiden dies....and Tanya dies worse.

EDIT: And oh yeah, forums are filled with "1vs2!?! THAT'S UNFAIR!" Jesus Christ people, grow some balls! Keep going at it until you win.
    EDIT2: I kind of feel bad for the 360 users not getting any exclusive, but I find it hilarious how the reaction to it is minimal. Seriously, no one cares anymore.
    Last edited by Insider2000; April 21st, 2011 at 04:14 PM.

Blah, blah, blah, blah, Stryker is godlike in the story, bleh blu blah, his dick tastes like sprinkle cookies...
    I didn't mean he was a DICK in the universe.

I meant he was a dick as a fighter, you fool.
    Infinites or not. He was a bloody asshole to fight, just like "Nigger" Jade and her stupid Brutalities.

Spoiler:
    I've been pretty worried about the series taking a SFIII turn (meaning that the dead characters will remain dead), but the more I think about it...
    -Boon and co. have never been all that good at making new characters.
    -No one ever dies in Mortal Kombat.
    You have a point there.

Don't want that to happen.

We don't need a 2D Mortal Kombat 4-8.

Spoiler:
    What DID piss me off was HOW everyone was killed. Kung Lao, Kitana, and Nightwolf all had pretty dramatic deaths, but....jesus...Kabal, Stryker, Sub-Zero, Jax, Smoke, and Jade were all killed like nothing was up. It was pretty painful to watch.

A lot of people are thinking the next game will be Earthrealm Heroes + Outworld Heroes vs Shinnok, Quan Chi, Tanya, and the Undead Heroes. If that's the case, I'm looking forward to that....no matter how much Shinnok sucks.
    Spoiler:
    Yeah, their deaths were kinda off-the-wall and not very cool, but it's like, they're going to come back anyways.

'cept for Kung Lao, Kitana () and Nightwolf.

Watch.

Spoiler:
    Yeah, but I've always liked Quan Chi. Don't get me wrong, he's pure bag of dicks, but his bark could match his bite. Either way, Quan Chi was generally smarter than his master, anyway. I'm pretty sure it's going to end up with Quan Chi betraying Shinnok, and Shinnok getting raped.

Hopefully Raiden dies....and Tanya dies worse.
    Yeah, I know and I hopefully hope so too. Especially the last part.

I didn't mean he was a DICK in the universe.

I meant he was a dick as a fighter, you fool.
    Infinites or not. He was a bloody asshole to fight, just like "Nigger" Jade and her stupid Brutalities.
    Oh.

Actually, I will admit that he was a nightmare for me to fight AGAINST as a kid and as an adult, but at the same time, everyone was a nightmare. Yeah, I'll give you that reasoning for hating him. I hope this game eases that hatred though.

You have a point there.

Don't want that to happen.

We don't need a 2D Mortal Kombat 4-8.
    I think a 2D MK4 is going to happen no matter what, but from what people are saying and what I'm thinking...

Spoiler:
    Shinnok's main goal is the elder gods and Raiden. Shinnok could very well succeed in bringing down the Elder Gods, killing Fujin, and driving Raiden toward the point of insanity.

And considering Raiden's misdeeds in this game and his misdeeds in Deception... I wouldn't be shocked if the story following MK4's story will be Raiden going mad.

I think MK4 is happening no matter what. Shinnok and Quan Chi make that obvious, but it will be far more epic with dark version of our favorite characters being villains. But once MK4's story is done:
    -Quan Chi will most likely die.
    -Shang Tsung is dead in the mos convoluted way imaginable, that Quan Chi won't be able to start the Deadly Alliance.
    -With no Deadly Alliance, no one will pay any attention to the Dragon God's army.
    -Onaga won't come to be.
    -Armageddon is prevented.

In fact, when you think about it: Raiden killing Motaro and Sindel killing the cast is the major trigger that has prevented Armageddon.

Spoiler:
    Yeah, their deaths were kinda off-the-wall and not very cool, but it's like, they're going to come back anyways.

'cept for Kung Lao, Kitana () and Nightwolf.

Watch.
    Spoiler:
    When I first saw the deaths, I didn't think they'd be coming back. I seriously thought they were dead for good, and I was really pissed.

Obviously that's not the case now, and I feel a lot better.

And I imagine Kitana and Nightwolf will be back. Kitana is too much of a voice of reason, and after Nightwolf's bad ass sacrifise, I'm sure he'll be back eventually.

Liu Kang? He'll be back, but I don't think he'll be the same hero he always was. He's going to be a pretty bitter person. Especially if he's amongst Quan Chi's army, because he is going to give Raiden HELL!

It's funny seeing you concerned for Nightwolf. Not that I can pass judgement. I want him back too. Along with Stryker of course, but I imagine the next game will pretty much forget that Stryker was a part of the undead army and drop him out entirely. Just watch.

EDIT: By the way:

Blah, blah, blah, blah, Stryker is godlike in the story, bleh blu blah, his dick tastes like sprinkle cookies...
    Stryker is my favorite character, but majority of the cast is cooler than him. I know he has little impact on the story, but that's why I like him. He has no reason to be there and he could back out if he wanted to, but he stays. That takes courage. Sub-Zero, Scorpion, Liu Kang, Sonya, Kitana, Shao Kahn, etc are cooler than him, but I like him the most.

And don't get me excited with that last bit.
    Last edited by Insider2000; April 21st, 2011 at 04:30 PM.

21st Century Schizoid Man Johnny B. Decent's Avatar

Spoiler:
    Characters that died like Kitana, Sub-Zero, Kung Lao and Liu Kang were in MK4/Gold, so they are locks.

Wonder if demons like Sareena, Ashrah and a re-designed Drahimn will appear. And those elemental Gods form Mythology if Shinnok wrecks everybody's shit like he did in MK4

Quote Originally Posted by S.C. Amigo View Post
    Spoiler:
    Characters that died like Kitana, Sub-Zero, Kung Lao and Liu Kang were in MK4/Gold, so they are locks.

Wonder if demons like Sareena, Ashrah and a re-designed Drahimn will appear. And those elemental Gods form Mythology if Shinnok wrecks everybody's shit like he did in MK4
    Spoiler:
    So was Jax, yet he has no real impact on the story other than being Sonya's partner. And it seems like they want Sonya to be a real leader in the upcoming games.

Sareena - I like her and it's possible. Her connections with Quan Chi, Shinnok, and Sub-Zero make her a perfect candidate for a hero. She might want to save Sub-Zero like his older brother saved her.

Ashrah - I like Ashrah, but I don't know. She has no connections with Quan Chi or Shinnok. Sure, she's from the Netherrealm, but if anything, I'd rather her replace Raiden's role, which might make her more important in the chapter after the next.

Drahmin - Too many people hate him, along with Moloch.

Oh, and I think the only playable god might be Fujin and the fire one (don't remember if he had a name). I imagine that both will die, though.

I was kind of sad that Striker had a pistol instead of a machine gun (unless I remember incorrectly). I do like to play as him though. And I like his fatality a lot.

Kintaro and Shao Khan are so cheap though. I had to use Subzero to beat both of them . Freeze, combo, freeze, combo, etc.

21st Century Schizoid Man Johnny B. Decent's Avatar

Spoiler:
    Forgot about Jax. Whoops.

As for Asharah, before she found the Kriss thing, she was a member of the Shadow cult Noob is a part of.

Drahmin can be fixed by dropping the flies and the stupid-looking mask, giving him something more then just undies like evil Oni armor, not play like crap, and maybe more emphasis on the club.

Still, even MK4 Gold's roster was about 20 people. If they expand past thirty to top this game, and maybe de-empahize some characters, they can fit a wide selection in. But, they NEED to redeem Shinnok this time. It's his re-debut, and he needs to be a true ruler of Hell this time.

Man, people should love 1 vs 2 after going through challenge mode since it has 1 vs 3 matches.

1 vs 3 matches with one life bar and no health regain after you beat one.

1 vs 3 matches where you have to play a chosen character who may not be your main against three bosses in a row.

Also, I'm at the final challenge guys.
    Last edited by thewizardkoma; April 21st, 2011 at 05:59 PM.

Oh.

Actually, I will admit that he was a nightmare for me to fight AGAINST as a kid and as an adult, but at the same time, everyone was a nightmare. Yeah, I'll give you that reasoning for hating him. I hope this game eases that hatred though.
    I don't know...
    I hated Jade (just like Stryker) at first and hated her ugly ass even more in the 3D era, now I love her ass now.

Hmmmmm... I guess he's going to have to grow some huge tits to win me over.

I think a 2D MK4 is going to happen no matter what, but from what people are saying and what I'm thinking...

Spoiler:
    Shinnok's main goal is the elder gods and Raiden. Shinnok could very well succeed in bringing down the Elder Gods, killing Fujin, and driving Raiden toward the point of insanity.

And considering Raiden's misdeeds in this game and his misdeeds in Deception... I wouldn't be shocked if the story following MK4's story will be Raiden going mad.

I think MK4 is happening no matter what. Shinnok and Quan Chi make that obvious, but it will be far more epic with dark version of our favorite characters being villains. But once MK4's story is done:
    -Quan Chi will most likely die.
    -Shang Tsung is dead in the mos convoluted way imaginable, that Quan Chi won't be able to start the Deadly Alliance.
    -With no Deadly Alliance, no one will pay any attention to the Dragon God's army.
    -Onaga won't come to be.
    -Armageddon is prevented.

In fact, when you think about it: Raiden killing Motaro and Sindel killing the cast is the major trigger that has prevented Armageddon.
    Bleh... I guess...

I could see that happening...

Spoiler:
    When I first saw the deaths, I didn't think they'd be coming back. I seriously thought they were dead for good, and I was really pissed.

Obviously that's not the case now, and I feel a lot better.

And I imagine Kitana and Nightwolf will be back. Kitana is too much of a voice of reason, and after Nightwolf's bad ass sacrifise, I'm sure he'll be back eventually.

Liu Kang? He'll be back, but I don't think he'll be the same hero he always was. He's going to be a pretty bitter person. Especially if he's amongst Quan Chi's army, because he is going to give Raiden HELL!

It's funny seeing you concerned for Nightwolf. Not that I can pass judgement. I want him back too. Along with Stryker of course, but I imagine the next game will pretty much forget that Stryker was a part of the undead army and drop him out entirely. Just watch.
    I could careless about Nightwolf. Really.

...really.

Spoiler:
    I don't care for Night Hawk.

Liu Kang and Kitana would mos def be revived, but they better not get all lovey-dovey again.

I'm sorry Kitana, but Kang is too ass for you. Don't be like Ororo...

Stryker is my favorite character, but majority of the cast is cooler than him. I know he has little impact on the story, but that's why I like him. He has no reason to be there and he could back out if he wanted to, but he stays. That takes courage. Sub-Zero, Scorpion, Liu Kang, Sonya, Kitana, Shao Kahn, etc are cooler than him, but I like him the most.
    He's aight as a character, but yeah, he's just KrillinPiccolo while everyone is Goku(s) and Vegeta(s).

And don't get me excited with that last bit.

Quote Originally Posted by thewizardkoma View Post
    Man, people should love 1 vs 2 cause the challenge mode holds 1 vs 3 matches.

1 vs 3 matches where you have to play a chosen character who may not be your main against three bosses in a row.

Really... Koma... ...really...?

Sit your ass down!

Quote Originally Posted by S.C. Amigo View Post
    Spoiler:
    Forgot about Jax. Whoops.

As for Asharah, before she found the Kriss thing, she was a member of the Shadow cult Noob is a part of.

Drahmin can be fixed by dropping the flies and the stupid-looking mask, giving him something more then just undies like evil Oni armor, not play like crap, and maybe more emphasis on the club.

Still, even MK4 Gold's roster was about 20 people. If they expand past thirty to top this game, and maybe de-empahize some characters, they can fit a wide selection in. But, they NEED to redeem Shinnok this time. It's his re-debut, and he needs to be a true ruler of Hell this time.
    Spoiler:
    That's why I'm saying the reverse needs to happen in this story. Shinnok needs to successfully kill all of the Elder Gods. Maybe even Raiden. Shinnok accomplishes that? Bam, bad ass mother fucker who actually managed to do something.

Then, have the mortal heroes of Earthrealm and Outworld fight Shinnok and co. Ermac (who's now free from Shao Kahn's control) or some other Deus Ex Machina could bring the old crew back. Everyone, except Liu Kang, would willing take part in the defeat of Shinnok and Quan Chi. Scorpion will, of course, have the final hit on Quan Chi when he learns who really killed his clan and family.

Ends with the heroes being without the Elder Gods, feeling lost but hopeful. At the same time, Liu Kang has abandoned the heroes and has become a wanderer, bitter over the deeds of Raiden and the meaningless loss of the Elder Gods. Kind of a reverse Scorpion. Keep him neutral.

And speaking of Scorpion, Scorpion should never...NEVER be a member of the Earthrealm heroes. He can help them. Fight along side them. End of the day? Back to the Netherworld to torture people for fun.

Quote Originally Posted by thewizardkoma View Post
    Man, people should love 1 vs 2 after going through challenge mode since it has 1 vs 3 matches.

Shut up. Get out.

I don't know...
    I hated Jade (just like Stryker) at first and hated her ugly ass even more in the 3D era, now I love her ass now.

Hmmmmm... I guess he's going to have to grow some huge tits to win me over.
    PFF! 3D ruined everyone. Fuck, it ruined Stryker for me. IT RUINED SUB-ZERO FOR ME, and for a while, I would have almost liked Sub-Zero more than Stryker. That idea is killed now with Stryker's awesome comeback. The only people who benefited from 3D was Ermac (new design) and Mileena (who pretty much became MK's perfect evil child after Deception).

And I don't need you to LIKE Stryker, or love him as much as me. Just...see why it's stupid to hate him beyond how harsh he was in MK3. Honestly, the only characters who deserve HATRED right now are Raiden and Tanya.

Spoiler:
    I don't care for Night Hawk.

Liu Kang and Kitana would mos def be revived, but they better not get all lovey-dovey again.

I'm sorry Kitana, but Kang is too ass for you. Don't be like Ororo...
    Spoiler:
    As I've said, I don't think Liu Kang will be the hero he once was when he returns. He's going to be pretty pissed off. Chances are, he'll become a neutral anti-hero who avoid both sides. Kind of like a Scorpion.

Kitana may wish for him back, but eventually, she'll stop caring and worry more about Edenia and the other realms.

He's aight as a character, but yeah, he's just KrillinPiccolo while everyone is Goku(s) and Vegeta(s).
    I'll accept that. I've never been a huge fan of the leader/big dog. Luffy is the only exception. Even then, I adore Nami, Chopper, and Robin just as much.

New Rumor Going Around (85% chance of it being bullshit): The bottom 5 least used characters online AND offline will be dropped for the sequel.

Again, it's most likely bullshit. A list of the characters were posted. I got lucky, Stryker isn't even at the bottom ten. Just above in fact, #18 out of 28 characters.

The list makes sense though:
    http://www.themortalkombat.com/leade...utPageNumber=1

Pretty much who'd I'd expect to be used by people.

I feel bad for Sheeva fans though.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information