Closed Thread
Page 603 of 704 FirstFirst ... 103 503 553 593 601 602 603 604 605 613 653 703 ... LastLast
Results 12,041 to 12,060 of 14070

Thread: Confession Session

Default Re: Confession Session

Quote Originally Posted by Epoida View Post
    Why yes, helping others feel better makes me feel better, too. Making sure everyone is feeling their best is what I live for, as I just really care about people. Heck, I'd give you the clothes off my back if it came down to that, no joke, I've done it before.

What's your confession?
    Well that's good enough then as long as it makes you feel good everything is fine but you got to have a limit though

I think I'll pass till I get enough courage to write it down

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowgreed View Post
    Well that's good enough then as long as it makes you feel good everything is fine but you got to have a limit though

I think I'll pass till I get enough courage to write it down
    Yeah, I'm beginning to realize that. I've been used and lied to on more than one occasion; most recently lied to...

Yeah, I'm beginning to realize that. I've been used and lied to on more than one occasion; most recently lied to...
    Is difficult to differentiate good from bad but you'll learn through experience, my mom was like you and she still have some of those traits on her but I have her under control after some unpleasant things she did just because she felt that she need to help others

Quote Originally Posted by Zoronik View Post
    I have the syndrome of Asperger, well the mild form of it.
    I haven't been officialy diagonesed with it yet, but as a student in psychology I have been introduced to it and 99% of the symptoms describe me pretty well.
    I fully respect the way you must feel and the challenges you've probably faced that contributed to your conclusion. I sincerely wish you the best in your studies and relationships, and you know that this thread will always be here for you. But if I may, I'd like to suggest that if you really do think you might have Asperger's, and if this is an idea that has stayed with you for a while, look up a professional first. I'm not sure which year you're in but you've probably had at least some exposure to diagnostic tools and methods and criteria already. It's a rather complicated process and self-diagnosis is never fully reliable. At some point you will probably learn about the way human judgement and thinking works (which may make you doubt the way you have made decisions all your life XD). Also, things like autism and its related syndromes can quite often be mistaken for something else, or vice versa. It's a common problem that's brought up whenever we look at special ed schools and their admission criteria for children based on their primary diagnosis. I'm not saying this applies to you, I just feel that caution should be exercised when it comes to self-diagnosis and even self-labelling. If you do have Asperger's (or well, even if you don't), seeking professional help or advice could at least help give you a lot more clarity than a textbook or DSM classification.
    Handsome man save me from the monsters.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCrystalShip View Post
    LOL, so you're one of us. Welcome to Confession Session.
    I may have said it before but i'd wager that if the entire population was tested the people with disorders would outnumber the "normals"

Quote Originally Posted by NER View Post
    I confess I turned the invisible mode on because thats what all the cool kids do.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

I am not comfortable with the yellow light.. UNCOOL KID MODE: REACTIVATED.
    Invisible mode is boring, anyway.
    come on guys, it's the best. You are everywhere and nowhere like Schrödinger.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfwoof View Post
    I may have said it before but i'd wager that if the entire population was tested the people with disorders would outnumber the "normals"
    Probably because people often pathologize normal behaviour.

ViVeriVeniversumVivusVici Zoronik's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by trappedolphin View Post
    I fully respect the way you must feel and the challenges you've probably faced that contributed to your conclusion. I sincerely wish you the best in your studies and relationships, and you know that this thread will always be here for you. But if I may, I'd like to suggest that if you really do think you might have Asperger's, and if this is an idea that has stayed with you for a while, look up a professional first. I'm not sure which year you're in but you've probably had at least some exposure to diagnostic tools and methods and criteria already. It's a rather complicated process and self-diagnosis is never fully reliable. At some point you will probably learn about the way human judgement and thinking works (which may make you doubt the way you have made decisions all your life XD). Also, things like autism and its related syndromes can quite often be mistaken for something else, or vice versa. It's a common problem that's brought up whenever we look at special ed schools and their admission criteria for children based on their primary diagnosis. I'm not saying this applies to you, I just feel that caution should be exercised when it comes to self-diagnosis and even self-labelling. If you do have Asperger's (or well, even if you don't), seeking professional help or advice could at least help give you a lot more clarity than a textbook or DSM classification.
    Thank you for your kind words sir and your advice as well.

Well lately I have been thinking to make an appointment but never really had enough time for it. But yeah I want to be officially diagnosed with it to end my dogmatic scepticism.
    Anyway sooner or later the day will come and I will post my results in this thread, about the diagnosis.
    Like the gazelle from the hand of the hunter, like the bird from the hand of the fowler, free yourself

Quote Originally Posted by Zoronik View Post
    Thank you for your kind words sir and your advice as well.

Well lately I have been thinking to make an appointment but never really had enough time for it. But yeah I want to be officially diagnosed with it to end my dogmatic scepticism.
    Anyway sooner or later the day will come and I will post my results in this thread, about the diagnosis.
    No problem. I hope things go well for you regardless. Just remember not to condemn yourself or your behaviours, stay open and do your best in life. :)

And uh hit me up if you wanna talk psych some time or something :D

ViVeriVeniversumVivusVici Zoronik's Avatar

No problem. I hope things go well for you regardless. Just remember not to condemn yourself or your behaviours, stay open and do your best in life. :)

And uh hit me up if you wanna talk psych some time or something :D
    If the subject is about psych I am always up for it, so expect me to hit you up in the upcoming days :o
    Like the gazelle from the hand of the hunter, like the bird from the hand of the fowler, free yourself

Just a Monday evening reflective post

Hidden:
    So I've been working for about 3 months now, on a research project looking into the profiles of children with ASD who lie at various points across the spectrum and who come from various educational settings (mainstream, special ed, etc.). It's been interesting and definitely educational. Everyone is generally really nice and helpful. But I've gotten a little more reflective lately, because I knew when I got the job that I want to use these two years to start to really work out what I like doing. If I were to continue on this career path it would lead into educational/developmental psychology, which is something I have considered before so I figured this would be a good testing ground. (I have a two-year contract.)

Of course, it's only been 3 months so I may well change my mind. What I'm sensing so far from myself though, is that I miss working with people. Like, I just miss it. Badly. I just really want to listen to someone and try to help them (and get frustrated over slow/invisible results, that's part of the process but it's a good kind of frustration for me) and learn more about them. I've been working with educational psychologists and they're all great, lovely, intelligent people. And they work with kids and strive to make their lives better and it's really respectful. But then as part of their jobs they also have to do a whole bunch of other things like research and work with finicky details and a lot of other things that I know would frustrate me in a different way. Even for full-time ed. psychologists, it's 50% psych work and 50% admin. They do make school visits 2-3 times a week, but they often also carry 2-3 different projects that soak up vast amounts of time. I can't describe how much time and energy one project takes up. I'm on just one, as an assistant, and last week we were so busy that we had no time to go to the bathroom for the whole day. I also didn't drink any water from 6am-5pm because my bottle was empty and I didn't have time to fill it.

I still like the job. I'm learning a ton about children with special needs and how various special ed systems all over the world work, and the various ways that an education system can help children with diverse needs and profiles. And I'm somewhat learning how to find real practical ways within a system or within provisions to help someone. It's also good as a training job because we're given a lot of tasks, but people are also helpful and willing to teach us how to do it (within reason, of course). I don't regret taking the job at all. When a psychologist asked us today if we wanted to apply to become associate psychologists if a recruitment exercise opened up, my first thought (and our first reactions) were "Oh! Cool! An opportunity, I might as well go for it since it's there and it would be stable." But my second thought was "Wait but I don't know if I feel passion for the job long-term :/"

I know that every job will have its good and bad parts. I don't expect to ever find something that is 100% fulfilling and 0% unpleasant, haha. And I'm fine with that, and totally ready and even eager to dive into something with all its challenges and obstacles if it's something good. I'm just also starting to confirm something I always knew on an abstract level, about what makes me tick - something where I can work very, very directly with people. My only semi-concrete wish for my career has only ever been to do something that I can find meaning in, as well as inject meaning into. I was a little concerned that I would never be able to properly flesh out what that looks like but I think it's slowly working out.

I've been having many nightmares lately, and each one seems to be worse than the last. It's really starting to sour my mood; not in an angry way, but in a sad way.

I've been having many nightmares lately, and each one seems to be worse than the last. It's really starting to sour my mood; not in an angry way, but in a sad way.
    That's no fun. What kind of nightmares?

Quote Originally Posted by Foolio View Post
    That's no fun. What kind of nightmares?
    Nightmares that involve the deaths of people and just dead animals. It's very unnerving...

Just a Monday evening reflective post

Hidden:
    So I've been working for about 3 months now, on a research project looking into the profiles of children with ASD who lie at various points across the spectrum and who come from various educational settings (mainstream, special ed, etc.). It's been interesting and definitely educational. Everyone is generally really nice and helpful. But I've gotten a little more reflective lately, because I knew when I got the job that I want to use these two years to start to really work out what I like doing. If I were to continue on this career path it would lead into educational/developmental psychology, which is something I have considered before so I figured this would be a good testing ground. (I have a two-year contract.)

Of course, it's only been 3 months so I may well change my mind. What I'm sensing so far from myself though, is that I miss working with people. Like, I just miss it. Badly. I just really want to listen to someone and try to help them (and get frustrated over slow/invisible results, that's part of the process but it's a good kind of frustration for me) and learn more about them. I've been working with educational psychologists and they're all great, lovely, intelligent people. And they work with kids and strive to make their lives better and it's really respectful. But then as part of their jobs they also have to do a whole bunch of other things like research and work with finicky details and a lot of other things that I know would frustrate me in a different way. Even for full-time ed. psychologists, it's 50% psych work and 50% admin. They do make school visits 2-3 times a week, but they often also carry 2-3 different projects that soak up vast amounts of time. I can't describe how much time and energy one project takes up. I'm on just one, as an assistant, and last week we were so busy that we had no time to go to the bathroom for the whole day. I also didn't drink any water from 6am-5pm because my bottle was empty and I didn't have time to fill it.

I still like the job. I'm learning a ton about children with special needs and how various special ed systems all over the world work, and the various ways that an education system can help children with diverse needs and profiles. And I'm somewhat learning how to find real practical ways within a system or within provisions to help someone. It's also good as a training job because we're given a lot of tasks, but people are also helpful and willing to teach us how to do it (within reason, of course). I don't regret taking the job at all. When a psychologist asked us today if we wanted to apply to become associate psychologists if a recruitment exercise opened up, my first thought (and our first reactions) were "Oh! Cool! An opportunity, I might as well go for it since it's there and it would be stable." But my second thought was "Wait but I don't know if I feel passion for the job long-term :/"

I know that every job will have its good and bad parts. I don't expect to ever find something that is 100% fulfilling and 0% unpleasant, haha. And I'm fine with that, and totally ready and even eager to dive into something with all its challenges and obstacles if it's something good. I'm just also starting to confirm something I always knew on an abstract level, about what makes me tick - something where I can work very, very directly with people. My only semi-concrete wish for my career has only ever been to do something that I can find meaning in, as well as inject meaning into. I was a little concerned that I would never be able to properly flesh out what that looks like but I think it's slowly working out.
    Do you think it's possible to talk to your superiors about switching some of your current duties to assisting with the school visits you mentioned? Or any other opportunity within your workplace where you will be able to work directly with people? Or is it possible that over these next 2 years, possible projects might open up that would allow you to work with people for some of the time?
    Hidden:

I confess I can't stop sniggering ever since I discovered my cousin has a friend on FB named "Concetta Trombetta"

Quote Originally Posted by wolfwoof View Post
    Pretty sure you're right. Although if that happened, the concepts of what is normal and abnormal would be shifted, for obvious reasons, since it's a spectrum after all and whatever is the majority will be "normal" even if we might pathologise such spectrum placement currently.
    3DS friend code: 2964-8756-2295
    Games: Pokemon Y & Alpha Sapphire

Quote Originally Posted by Femme View Post
    Do you think it's possible to talk to your superiors about switching some of your current duties to assisting with the school visits you mentioned? Or any other opportunity within your workplace where you will be able to work directly with people? Or is it possible that over these next 2 years, possible projects might open up that would allow you to work with people for some of the time?
    School visits are kind of hard to arrange, since only the psychologists can carry out the assessments. We do visit the schools (this is the part of my job I like more) as part of the profiling study, we do activities with the kids. I've done one so far and the kid was from a mainstream school, he's soooo intelligent and polite. So I do get direct contact (which is why I took the job), but the job is a research one so yeah.~ Nothing unexpected to me really, so I'm not complaining. :)

Banned Rank: Failed Mutineer

School visits are kind of hard to arrange, since only the psychologists can carry out the assessments. We do visit the schools (this is the part of my job I like more) as part of the profiling study, we do activities with the kids. I've done one so far and the kid was from a mainstream school, he's soooo intelligent and polite. So I do get direct contact (which is why I took the job), but the job is a research one so yeah.~ Nothing unexpected to me really, so I'm not complaining. :)
    It's interesting to me that you are working so hard on something that is so relevant to me.

When I was up in the Bay this weekend, I took part in a research study regarding my trans stuff. It was interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCrystalShip View Post
    It's interesting to me that you are working so hard on something that is so relevant to me.

When I was up in the Bay this weekend, I took part in a research study regarding my trans stuff. It was interesting.
    What type of research was it, if I may ask?

Closed Thread

Thread Information