Closed Thread
Page 502 of 704 FirstFirst ... 2 402 452 492 500 501 502 503 504 512 552 602 ... LastLast
Results 10,021 to 10,040 of 14070

Thread: Confession Session

Default Re: Confession Session

Quote Originally Posted by Davy Jones View Post
    Did anyone even bother to read my prom experience? Am I just going to be that guy who's always ignored for no reason?
    It was a very sweet story, but you're far from *the* guy always ignored for no reason. The topics in this forum change way too damn fast, it's really hard to make a singular post and actually have people carry on the conversation. Stuff quickly gets buried under another discussion that was already going on. Most of my big long posts get glossed over too, but the people who do respond always have something very meaningful to say. And you did get a response from someone else. Always check posts after you make em. Tons of people don't quote or the notifications just don't even happen.

. tumblr
    . mfc .
    . ask for FB or AIM/Skype .
    . psn & nintendo id squeesax . 3DS FC: 3797-6626-6957 .

Banned Rank: Failed Mutineer

Quote Originally Posted by Davy Jones View Post
    Did anyone even bother to read my prom experience? Am I just going to be that guy who's always ignored for no reason?
    I read the whole thing. I was about to remark earlier today that it was a very touching story, in fact. And you don't have to feel like people are ignoring you in particular, either. As Arei already said, plenty of people here write long messages and no one ever writes back. I don't feel particularly encouraged when it happens to me (especially when it's a response to someone else), but I keep posting regardless.

I've been in the car behind the car which had a fatal accident. Shit is so surreal when it happens. Just makes me realise how precious life really is

My dad died in a car accident, but so far it hasn't affected the way I feel about being a car passenger. (I don't have a driving license.) I never really found out how it happened, so that might be the reason why. All I can vaguely remember is that it was in the middle of the night on a dark road and the death was instant.

Schrödinger's Giraffe Wooden_Giraffe's Avatar

My friend nearly died in a car accident, and was paranoid in cars for about a year even though he claims to remember nothing of the accident.

Quote Originally Posted by Wooden_Giraffe View Post
    My friend nearly died in a car accident, and was paranoid in cars for about a year even though he claims to remember nothing of the accident.
    My friend did die in a car accident, is possibly the saddest thing which has ever happened in my life.

i confess that i am much more scared of the idea of my parents, brothers and grandpa dying that my own death

Quote Originally Posted by Foolio View Post
    From this standpoint I'd be a lot more scared to leave my house while not in a car. I'd much rather get hit by someone who spazzed out while I was inside my own metal container than just walking along the sidewalk.
    That or fly a helicopter

Quote Originally Posted by darkmagus View Post
    i confess that i am much more scared of the idea of my parents, brothers and grandpa dying that my own death
    This is exactly how I feel. Me dying I feel bad about in the sense I'd be leaving people behind, but when you think about it, I'd be dead so I wouldn't have to deal with that.

But having to deal with family dying ... I'd really want to avoid having to deal with that. Even though, naturally, it's almost unavoidable with time.

I've accepted that I'll probably die before anyone else I care about, so I'll just do a bunch of awful things before to lessen the blow for people.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobjr View Post
    I've accepted that I'll probably die before anyone else I care about, so I'll just do a bunch of awful things before to lessen the blow for people.
    I feel like this has been the last 18 years of my life.

Wait, I'm confused. How exactly can you accept that you'll die first when death is unpredictable?

Also, what do you mean by lessening the blow by doing awful things?

Minor, non-heavy confession since I don't want to spam the PHYDW thread. Confessions don't always have to be negative.

I confess that I feel that, although this Youtube thing is very worrisome (copyright strike, it's a big deal for me), some things are moving in the right direction. A scam on my bank account got resolved, I'm very thankful for that. I'll call up the scam resolution center and thank them personally. Also, my badass T-shirt should arrive soon. Been waiting a few weeks.

^^^ Above ~ He was probably joking but I've thought of doing the same thing. It'll make people not miss you. Like, months before I die (but how would I predict that, I don't want to be an asshole for longer than necessary), I'd not pass the silverware, not groom the dog when he was shedding, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Noqanky View Post
    Wait, I'm confused. How exactly can you accept that you'll die first when death is unpredictable?

Also, what do you mean by lessening the blow by doing awful things?
    It's usually unpredictable, but not always.

And if I do a bunch of mean assholish things then people can just go "Okay" instead of the whole "He was a good person and will be missed"

And if I do a bunch of mean assholish things then people can just go "Okay" instead of the whole "He was a good person and will be missed"
    I would still miss you tho since I think you are a really good and fun guy at the end of the day :(
    My 3DS Friend Code: 1091 - 8457 - 8212

~Goronyanya~

Quote Originally Posted by Medical Orbit View Post
    I don't remember where I was or what I was doing when I first heard about 9/11. I don't even remember how I first heard about 9/11 in the first place.
    How old are you? And where from?

Hmm, weirdly enough, i can still remember where i was, what i was doing and who were with me when we first heard about it

Quote Originally Posted by Medical Orbit View Post
    18 (19 as of next month). I live in Florida, in a small community near Tampa.
    So there's nothing strange about that.
    I was eleven days 13 at the time, and am now 24 going on 25. You would have been too young to recall it really.

That's very childish and naive way of thinking. In the end you can't predict how people will react. Do you really want to do those assholish things, or you just want to do them so people will star to think you are an asshole (and thus won't be pained by your death). If this is the later, I strongly suggest you not to do it. That's not what you call being honest to yourself and living to the fullest. It may seem essayer to sever ties that way, but that's needless self sacrifice, you'll regret it. Be honest with other people - they deserve it.
    "I'm a bad guy! I don't save the day, I don't fly off to the sunset and I don't get the girl! I'm going home."
    - MegaMind

Quote Originally Posted by DarkFalcon View Post
    That's very childish and naive way of thinking. In the end you can't predict how people will react. Do you really want to do those assholish things, or you just want to do them so people will star to think you are an asshole (and thus won't be pained by your death). If this is the later, I strongly suggest you not to do it. That's not what you call being honest to yourself and living to the fullest. It may seem essayer to sever ties that way, but that's needless self sacrifice, you'll regret it. Be honest with other people - they deserve it.
    It's obviously the latter, but I don't think he's seriously considering it because bob is too awesome. Except when he's drunk. Also I don't think those types of thoughts are too uncommon. I've had a few friends whose parent(s) died recently (as in, during the time we were friends) and in a couple of cases they weren't very close to the parent. One of my friends only rarely saw his mom and she died completely unexpectedly of a heart attack or something. And it didn't really affect him much, because she wasn't really a part of his life or even a fond memory. And I'll admit sometimes I wish I could have it that "easy" because I know I'm going to be devastated if anyone in my immediate family dies. Similarly, it makes me think a disease that kills slowly (like progressive dementia) might actually make the loss more bearable because you have time to accept what is going on and by the end they're not even really themselves anymore or even someone you want to deal with. Yeah I know how horrible that sounds but still.

Closed Thread

Thread Information