View Poll Results: Your least favorite arc? (multiple choice allowed)

Voters
169. You may not vote on this poll
  • East Blue (Alvida, Morgan, Buggy, Kuro, Krieg, Arlong, Loguetown)

5 2.96%
  • Baroque Works (Laboon, Whisky Peak, Little Garden, Alabasta)

7 4.14%
  • Drum

21 12.43%
  • Skypeia (Jaya, Skypeia)

20 11.83%
  • Davy Back Fight

53 31.36%
  • Water 7 (Water 7, Enies Lobby)

6 3.55%
  • Thriller Bark

24 14.20%
  • Sabaody

4 2.37%
  • Island of Women/ Impel Down

18 10.65%
  • Paramount War (includes Luffy's flashback)

14 8.28%
  • Fishman Island

83 49.11%
  • Punk Hazard

1 0.59%
Multiple Choice Poll.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 26 of 27 FirstFirst ... 16 24 25 26 27 LastLast

Thread: What arc did you NOT like?

Default Re: What arc did you NOT like?

Hence, shitty assassins. You'd think they'd know better

Same deal with Croc, I get that the only reason he survived was because of Robin, but it's like he wasn't affected afterwards at all, and a hook through the chest is like beyond even a 4 ton bat to the face, I feel.
    Last edited by Gliblord; July 17th, 2012 at 11:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by 400MillionBelis View Post
    (except the part about Wapol)!
    I never really cared for him until the coverstory. Then I realized how brilliant he was.

Hidden:

Plus he has an adorable dog, supermodel wife, adn has taken up the role of being a straight up comedy dark emporer. He's a fantastic comedy villain, all his facial expressions crack me up.

Part of the reason people don't care for him, they seem to prefer the serious villains only. But I like the goofy ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Gliblord View Post
    Skypiea did have some flaws, though. The only one of the four priests that left a good impression was Gedatsu, and one of those priests is an outright reviled character (Satori).
    Satori's laugh, from the anime is why people hate him. Much like Perona. I can't hold the anime interpretation against a character. He was fine, I don't know that there was anything terrible about the actual character to make him "revile" worthy.

Other than he was fat I guess? People don't like fat characters here. Wapol, Satori, Jinbe...

In fact, lots of the characters introduced in Sypiea were just kinda meh (Conis, anyone? I also don't really get the love for Wiper). The conflict between Luffy and Enel felt more bloodless than the intense struggle between Luffy and Croc (though God did Alabasta have its own flaws).
    Croc and Luffy was about helping Vivi. Enel and Luffy was about ringing the bell and ending hundreds of years of history and war, which enel was only the very end of, the final unifying agent. It wasn't as personal because... it wasn't personal. Enel didn't care about them, and Luffy didn't care about Enel. If he hadn't been trying to blow up the island in is "I am god mode" he probably could have actually left peacefully and without incident. They were very different arcs with very different goals and agendas, of course they felt different.

Arlong isn't the same as Don Krieg or Kuro, why should Enel be like Croc?
    Last edited by Robby; July 17th, 2012 at 11:56 AM.
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.
    https://www.viz.com/shonenjump

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

Quote Originally Posted by RobbyBevard View Post
    Croc and Luffy was about helping Vivi. Enel and Luffy was about ringing the bell and ending hundreds of years of history and war, which enel was only the very end of, the final unifying agent. It wasn't as personal because... it wasn't personal. Enel didn't care about them, and Luffy didn't care about Enel. If he hadn't been trying to blow up the island in is "I am god mode" he probably could have actually left peacefully and without incident. They were very different arcs with very different goals and agendas, of course they felt different.

Arlong isn't the same as Don Krieg or Kuro, why should Enel be like Croc?
    I suppose that's true. I just feel as though the conflict didn't hype the reader up as much.

Quote Originally Posted by Demonicpoodle View Post
    I was waiting for someone to say this. Thank you, good sir. But I like Ubel Blatt... though I'm only on Volume 2 I think? Does it get worse?
    To tell you the truth, I didn't get far at all. I found it generic and uninteresting, with some sex to spice things up. I didn't dwelve on it any minute longer; I guess lately I'm a little more picky with manga.

If you want, change Ubel Blat with Zetman, which is a piece of crap of the highest caliber, and it's a seinen.

In those instances, you can think of it as a sort of stalemate between two equally strong forces (CP9 vs. SHs // Whitebeard Pirates vs. best Marines), whereas with Baroque Works they couldn't even kill a little kid. So it sticks out in my mind.
    CP9 failed to kill random shipwrights lol.

Sorry this whole thing is kind of pointless to complain about in OP. It's the thing we all learned to live with a million chapters ago.

Galley-La shipwrights are supposed to be pretty badass though. And the Franky Family were meant to take the fall alongside the SHs, if I recall correctly.

Skypiea did have some flaws, though. The only one of the four priests that left a good impression was Gedatsu, and one of those priests is an outright reviled character (Satori).
    I loved Ohm and it's not like I disliked shura either, but I definitely agree with satori.

So most of you hate Skypeia because of how badly it was paced. But when you watch it at a good pace, it's fine right?

Quote Originally Posted by ShinigamiKing View Post
    So most of you hate Skypeia because of how badly it was paced. But when you watch it at a good pace, it's fine right?
    I haven't watched the anime to this yet but from what I heard Toei does the 1 chapter thing. That's not good pace.

It's funny that the anime pace didn't bother me at all when I was initially catching up with One Piece a couple of years ago. I averaged about 10 episodes a day so it all moved along nicely.

read.

Quote Originally Posted by Monkey King View Post
    *thinks*
    Can't think of one really.
    Well I like naruto ALOT, but I totally hate bleack x.x
    Like really REALLY HATE, I don't even like Ichigo's breathe(I'm jk here, but I still hate bleach)

Same deal with Croc, I get that the only reason he survived was because of Robin, but it's like he wasn't affected afterwards at all, and a hook through the chest is like beyond even a 4 ton bat to the face, I feel.
    Agreed, but to be fair Luffy did have time to recover/eat meat and Pell was there to help (I am going to assume that Pell has a competent level of medical knowledge and ability) and even then Luffy passed out before his second and third encounters with Crocodile because of his injuries. In my mind that makes his first impaling (Croc) a lot better than his second (Lucci).

read.

Baroque Works were pretty terrible at assassination. They couldn't even kill a little boy who knew too much.

Luffy gets stabbed through the chest in a hugely impactful scene, and then it just sort of doesn't matter when Luffy comes back perfectly fine.

And Pell, of course, but that's been discussed twenty million times already.
    Eh, not to knock Skypiea, which I like better than Alabasta to be honest, but I think it`s worse in the killing nobody department. The war in Alabasta always gave me the impression that a lot of people died there. Every other panel, you see people falling over or lying on the ground. In Skypiea apparently everony survived, atleast everyone who was shocked by Enel. That made him seem really impotent as a villain in retrospect. One thing I dislike about Alabasta is the Vivi flashback. Seriously, I don`t know another part in the story of One Piece where I get so bored.

I`m rereading Skypiea right now, one or two chapters a day, and the pacing seems fine to me. Very entertaining and exciting, both the world building and the Strawhats adventure (gold hunt!). While the Priests lack in the personality department, except for Gedatsu atleast, they make up in design. Ohm and Shura look incredibly badass!

Had a hard time choosing, so I went with the Davy Back Fight.
    Didn't really enjoy it tbh...
    probably didn't help a damn friend of mine somehow convinced me that both Skypiea and that arc were filler.
    FUCKHIMTOHELLTHATASS
    Skypiea was fun.
    I feel foolish for believing that or the Davy Back Fights were filler...
    blargh.
    stupidfriend.

I will never understand the one who has opted for Punk Hazard

How can one mistake Skypiea for filler, when the lead up to the arc features the reveal for the guy Ace is chasing down?

Quote Originally Posted by Leon View Post
    I will never understand the one who has opted for Punk Hazard
    Shandian.
    They mighta misclicked?
    Or derped?
    Cause Punk Hazard is epic <3

Quote Originally Posted by Animaker View Post
    Well I like naruto ALOT, but I totally hate bleack x.x
    Like really REALLY HATE, I don't even like Ichigo's breathe(I'm jk here, but I still hate bleach)
    It's cool I was joking, Naruto and Bleach are both horrific mangled piles of paper.

Thriller Bark, kinda didn't like Impel Down either.

I have one major complaints about Marineford:

- I never understood why Crocodile symphatized with Luffy to the point of saving Ace and Luffy (twice). It kinda diminishes his perfect image of the sadistic and cruel douchebag.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information