View Poll Results: Your least favorite arc? (multiple choice allowed)

Voters
169. You may not vote on this poll
  • East Blue (Alvida, Morgan, Buggy, Kuro, Krieg, Arlong, Loguetown)

5 2.96%
  • Baroque Works (Laboon, Whisky Peak, Little Garden, Alabasta)

7 4.14%
  • Drum

21 12.43%
  • Skypeia (Jaya, Skypeia)

20 11.83%
  • Davy Back Fight

53 31.36%
  • Water 7 (Water 7, Enies Lobby)

6 3.55%
  • Thriller Bark

24 14.20%
  • Sabaody

4 2.37%
  • Island of Women/ Impel Down

18 10.65%
  • Paramount War (includes Luffy's flashback)

14 8.28%
  • Fishman Island

83 49.11%
  • Punk Hazard

1 0.59%
Multiple Choice Poll.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 24 of 27 FirstFirst ... 14 22 23 24 25 26 ... LastLast

Thread: What arc did you NOT like?

Anime Anime Fruit Eater OnePieceAngel's Avatar

Default Re: What arc did you NOT like?

I never really cared for Skypeia much, or Fishman island >.<

Skypeia Arc is the greatest arc in any anime or manga in my opinion, not only has the greatest storytelling, but I think you guys don't like because you were too impatient or gave up on it because you felt it was irrelevant and that turned you off.

I still haven't voted yet, but I feel like I should. So I reread Thriller Bark to see if it's maybe that one, but no, I love every little bit of TB. It didn't really work week to week, but like Sypeia it excels in volume form.

So I went back and reread Fishman Island. And while it's still kind of dull, I absolutely love everything once Luffy comes out of Megalo's stomach. Plus, Brook finally got a chance to shine, the Straw Hats owning everyone was fantastic, Red Hawk, and the art was absolutely fantastic. It really feels like a completely different arc before and after the Straw Hats arrive at the plaza.

This poll really should be what arc is your least favorite.
    That or Kuro should just have his own category.

Nope, I like Skypiea the most two, its like a complete One Piece 2 in 50 episode, something really apart!

It's a important story, a fight between Luffy and a wannabe God, it was awesome, the poneglyphs Robin found, which came with the story that Gol D. Roger was there too once, the fights, the emotion, the temwork by the mugiwaras, loved it!! LOVED IT ALL *_*

Better than Enies Lobby in my opinion, slightly better.

Than ofc, the Paramount War, which was 5 times better than Skypiea xP (Loved the Sabaody most still)

And, Eiichiro Oda has already claimed, if we liked the Paramount War, the final one, the discovery of One Piece and etc. will be 4 times better than the Whitebeard's!!!

A lot of drama, mystery's solved, alot of discoveries, and I have an orgasm with that *o*

Cuz has a TRUE ONE PIECE FAN there isn't a SINGLE arc I disliked, so I wouldn't even participate in the Poll, but to have an arc 20 times better than Skypiea! *_* I want D===

Quote Originally Posted by Nex View Post
    This poll really should be what arc is your least favorite.
    That or Kuro should just have his own category.
    The poll actually says least favourite, dunno why the title of the thread doesn't.
    Last edited by akagami7; July 14th, 2012 at 01:15 PM.

Fishman Island was ungodly boring. An Arlong reject with a cast of forgettable underlings, and Luffy being so OP they had to give him a handicap and then cocktease us with Jinbei not joining.

Quote Originally Posted by akagami7 View Post
    The poll actually says least favourite, dunno why the title of the thread doesn't.
    I've read the poll a ton of times and never once caught that.

Jeez....

Quote Originally Posted by Animaker View Post

Cuz has a TRUE ONE PIECE FAN there isn't a SINGLE arc I disliked
    That's not being a true One Piece fan. That's called being a blind fanboy... or a 'Piecetard' (as zealous OP fans are so often referred to as by the lower life forms that inhabit some of the sadder areas of youtube). I love One Piece and Oda as much as anybody but that doesn't mean we should ignore his faults.
    Last edited by city_lights31; July 14th, 2012 at 07:27 PM.

read.

Quote Originally Posted by genocyber View Post
    Fishman Island was ungodly boring. An Arlong reject with a cast of forgettable underlings, and Luffy being so OP they had to give him a handicap and then cocktease us with Jinbei not joining.
    I think my main problem with it really comes down to pooooor world building, which sucked worse considering the place we were at potential wise. Oda should have delivered something as well done as Skypiea world building wise, the sort of place that just tickles the imaginiation all over. But he dropped the ball on that.

I still need to reread it in bulk like Nex did, things generally go better when done with that. I'm hoping it does...

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Quote Originally Posted by Animaker View Post

Cuz has a TRUE ONE PIECE FAN there isn't a SINGLE arc I disliked
    Actually that makes you the worst kind of One Piece fan, one that doesn't love the series but has a silly dumb infatuation with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Monkey King View Post
    I think my main problem with it really comes down to pooooor world building, which sucked worse considering the place we were at potential wise. Oda should have delivered something as well done as Skypiea world building wise, the sort of place that just tickles the imaginiation all over. But he dropped the ball on that.

I still need to reread it in bulk like Nex did, things generally go better when done with that. I'm hoping it does...
    It would have been better if the place became an actual civil war setting. The whole racial tensions was very shoved in just to make Hody look like a dick.Van Der Decken was a missed opportunity and should have been the big schemer manipulating Hody. But he just was a Buggy the Clown reject.

Quote Originally Posted by Medical Orbit View Post
    Jaya Arc was also kind of meh at some points.
    If you got bored during an arc that lasted less than two volumes you have the attention span of a gnat. Or you watch the anime only and shouldn't be rating arcs.

Quote Originally Posted by Medical Orbit View Post
    I read the manga and watch the anime. I just didn't have any interest in Mock Town or Bellamy's crew.
    Bellamy is like tailor made to make a OP fans blood boil, and you just yawned at this? The fuck manga are you reading.

Banned Rank: Failed Mutineer

I actually agree with Monkey King on this one. Everything leading up to the Bellamy fight set us up perfectly for that extraordinary finish. How could you read through that (or watch it) without getting chills down your spine? "You asked me... If I could throw a punch." My god, it was brilliant. Not to mention, the Jaya arc was the best world-building arc this manga ever received, even more so than Sabaody. So yeah.

Voted Water 7 for the sole reason of Enies Lobby. I mean, Fishman Island has it's issues; but if it weren't for Enies Lobby, Water 7 would've been easily my favorite arc instead of a middle of the road arc that I liked, but ultimately felt disappointed over.

I am surprised that Thriller Bark is third, it's one of my favorites. Still love the hell out of Skypiea and Drum, though.

I love all of them + G8 and the mini-arcs but I have to say my least favorite is Fishman Island - I dislike it even more than the Kuro and Morgan Arcs. Mainly because it's so disappointing - the fights were underwhelming and the whole thing felt like a rehash of the Arlong Arc. But I still love it though. I think the main problem with Fishman Island is because of the hype that led up to it - fans were expecting a boom yet we got more of a fresh start, which in turn isn't bad at all, just disappointing. But hey - Oda is fucking awesome - he can probably rewrite Twilight to something mind-blowing.

I don't understand the hate on the Davy Back Fight Arc - sure it was gimmicky and felt completely pointless, but it was a good breather and full of laughs. After the hell of Skypiea, instantly getting into Water 7 would seem to much - the whole CP9 arc turned into a convoluted mess (for a lack of a better connotation), I'm glad Oda gave us something different for once. Though, it's a bit saddening that the whole arc is made solely for the purpose as a breather; it wasn't revisited and doesn't seem likely that it would be (unlike the Laboon Arc; who would have thought that was a set-up for an upcoming member?). I mean, it did slightly set-up Robin's past with Akaoiji suddenly popping up, but that could have been put somewhere else. But anyways, I still love this arc, I want to see something canon about the Foxy Pirates, and I'll be damned if we suddenly hear from Kuro.

Which reminds that Ghin is supposed to be in the Grand Line.

You are on a quest to become the Pirate Prince, and you decide your fate!

Lurking since 2007... Nidhoeggr's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Monkey King View Post

This, the rushed first part of the arc left me disappointed. The exploration parts just before FI were decent, but I'd have loved it if it were a bit like Jaya/Skypeia. Let some spend more effort in actually reaching FI, show us the whole world: We never got to see the Fishman Dojo, which was hinted at to be an important place to train most Fishmen, we never saw the rest of the island, didn't get to know some normal people, etc.
    And it doesn't help that the characters in FI had rather mediocre designs and the pacing was flawed. The fall of Noah shouldn't have been so drawn out, it's placing was unfortunate - just like the brawl on the plaza was drawn out.

But writing something like Skypeia again seems unlikely, as most people apparently hated good world-building judging by the Japanese reception of that arc.
    If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. - Sun Tzu, The Art Of War

Quote Originally Posted by Nidhoeggr View Post
    This, the rushed first part of the arc left me disappointed. The exploration parts just before FI were decent, but I'd have loved it if it were a bit like Jaya/Skypeia. Let some spend more effort in actually reaching FI, show us the whole world: We never got to see the Fishman Dojo, which was hinted at to be an important place to train most Fishmen, we never saw the rest of the island, didn't get to know some normal people, etc.
    And it doesn't help that the characters in FI had rather mediocre designs and the pacing was flawed. The fall of Noah shouldn't have been so drawn out, it's placing was unfortunate - just like the brawl on the plaza was drawn out.

But writing something like Skypeia again seems unlikely, as most people apparently hated good world-building judging by the Japanese reception of that arc.
    I don't think the world building was the problem, I think people weren't ready to accept an arc that seemingly detached from everything with that length and level of combat.

To NOT give credit where credit is due with Skypiea - it was dragged out. That's pretty much it.

You are on a quest to become the Pirate Prince, and you decide your fate!

Quote Originally Posted by ShinigamiKing View Post
    Skypeia Arc is the greatest arc in any anime or manga in my opinion, not only has the greatest storytelling, but I think you guys don't like because you were too impatient or gave up on it because you felt it was irrelevant and that turned you off.
    I have to admit that I enjoyed this arc on my second watch. It has a lot of fun and great moments (luffy imitating Zoro and Sanji) but it was too long. It is by no means a bad arc.

I thought Enel was somewhat generic and I did not really hate him. He kinda pales in comparison to Crocodile was one of the biggest douchebag of the series or Even Bellamy that you loved to hate.

More importantly, Skypea kinda pales to the Jaya arc (one of the best arc of the series) which had tons of memorable moments in a very short amount time and sets up a lot of important plot points. Blackbeadr's introduction (from funny, to epic speech and shocking revelation about his identiy) is one of the greatest moments of the series and sets up perfectly his rivality with Luffy. After all this amount of epicness, Skypea really pales.

Apart from that, I did enjoy Davy fight back. Nothing important happens but I had a lot of fun and laughed (I think that was the point of this arc) a lot during this arc (Foxy's "disguise" and antics, the referee, Zoro and Sanji bickering, Luffy unable to recognize Foxy). Zoro had an awesome motivational speech to Chopper.

Quote Originally Posted by 400MillionBelis View Post
    To NOT give credit where credit is due with Skypiea - it was dragged out. That's pretty much it.
    The manga was finely paced, if you watched only the anime you don't have any grounds to talk about any arc.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information