+ Reply to Thread
Page 117 of 117 FirstFirst ... 17 67 107 115 116 117
Results 2,321 to 2,336 of 2336

Thread: Pixar movies

Default Re: Pixar movies

Monsters at Work was dull. Like, really dull.

While it was kind of nice to see Mike and Sully again, they weren't given much to do. Sully especially was just sort of there, and Mike's comedy schtick tended to get pretty old pretty quick. And all the new characters range from boring to straight up unlikable.

All the plotlines from each episode are very standard and cookie cutter. The only one I thought was kinda neat was the one where they brought back the Abominable (or Adorable as they call him) Snowman, which expands on his backstory a bit.

Also, here's a bit of a surprise at the end with it...

Spoiler:
    All of it was technically a midquel, in that it took place before the final scene from the original Monsters Inc. Not that it really changes anything.

All in all, you can tell that this show was just a cashgrab and there was no real passion behind it. I have no idea if they plan on making a season 2, but if they do I won't be watching it unless they really turn the show around.

Quote Originally Posted by Nobodyman View Post
    All in all, you can tell that his show was just a cashgrab and there was no real passion behind it.
    So you're saying it really captured the spirit of Monsters University then.
    Complicating things since 2009.

I forgot this was happening.

I wonder if there is gonna be a Zurg.

What's Buzz Lightyear without a Zurg?

Depends on whether or not it's Wayne Knight.

Looks like they're keeping that psuedo claymation look they used for Luca for the faces. Trying to develop an in-house style that pushes them away a bit from what Disney is doing, I guess.

Also why is this set in the year of 2002? Is there a a reason?
    Last edited by Robby; November 17th, 2021 at 08:23 AM.
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.
    https://www.viz.com/shonenjump

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

Her school tag shows it's set during the 2002-03 school year. It's definitely interesting that they have such a specific time frame in mind. I gotta catch myself from calling it recent since that's nearly 20 years ago...

Like the Avatar?
    / Like the Miis?
    Dragalia Lost ID: 97617932505

I'm sorry, but I just can't stop seeing this movie as a blatant metaphor for menstruation.

Also, more Backstreet Boys.

I'm sorry, but I just can't stop seeing this movie as a blatant metaphor for menstruation.

And I just read that in Jodi Whitaker's voice. Hrmm.
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.

Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Robby View Post

It's probably a nostalgic period for whoever is making it. And a quick check shows... that the Director/Writer, Chinese-Canadian Domee Shi, was born in 1989, which would make her 13 in 2002 just like the Chinese-Canadian protagonist of the movie. Even if that wasn't the case, any given year or time period has a feel unique in its own, well worth exploring.
    Check out my podcast for conversations about Greatness in anime, sports, music, and whatever else we can think of.
    mtgoatmore.buzzsprout.com

Looks like they're keeping that psuedo claymation look they used for Luca for the faces. Trying to develop an in-house style that pushes them away a bit from what Disney is doing, I guess.

Didn't expect the friends to learn so quickly. But thankfully keeps the old trope of "keeping the secret as long as possible" out of some of it. Mom in the last trailer was total Chinese mom, but here she seems a little less controlling, just worried. Like any mom would be. Waiting for the Tiger Mom to appear.

Every story about a girl who transforms is a metaphor for menstruation/becoming a woman.

And I think it's a definite appeal to all Millennial girls, so don't you DARE insult my Backstreet Boys. Although actually that's N'Sync, but I like them too.

Quote Originally Posted by Satsuki View Post
    And I think it's a definite appeal to all Millennial girls, so don't you DARE insult my Backstreet Boys. Although actually that's N'Sync, but I like them too.
    Sorry, I didn't actually mean that as an insult against the Backstreet Boys. I love the hell out of them.

Finally watched Luca. OMG, could a movie BE more cute? It didn't give me the gut punches that the best Pixar movies do, but I was smiling almost the whole time. Good ole Pixar.

Sorry, I didn't actually mean that as an insult against the Backstreet Boys. I love the hell out of them.
    Good. Then we are on the same page. Oh man, if they can get them to play the boy band in the movie . . .

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Never mind, looked it up, it's not Backstreet. Or N'Sync.

Pixar showing off their environmental tech reel.

Pixar showing off their environmental tech reel.
    They already did that six years ago when they released The Good Dinosaur.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information