+ Reply to Thread
Page 100 of 109 FirstFirst ... 50 90 98 99 100 101 102 ... LastLast
Results 1,981 to 2,000 of 2179

Thread: Pixar movies

Default Re: Pixar movies

Quote Originally Posted by KageKageKing View Post
    I don't think I would find things like this in 2004.

https://twitter.com/lesbihayley/stat...88188418146306
    I think that person might be, er, "stretching" it a bit. Heroes wave to their fans.

Not that I'd be against Elastigirl being bi. I just need more proof than a wave to show attraction to the same sex.

Quote Originally Posted by Yobiyopi View Post
    but judging from the trailer it seems to be played for much longer.
    Or it plays for a couple minutes and the trailer is showing all the easy jokes in that sequence because it's good 5 second joke trailer fodder that spoils little about the actual film.

The tycoon thing sorta reminds me of One Punch Man where the hero's association is treated more like a business with the heroes being more employees/celebrities.

Somebody translated one of the songs from Coco. Always nice to know what they're saying. Such a pretty song, too.

The Die Has Been Cast Count Mario's Avatar

So here's a video that uses evidence from what we know so far and LEGO toy leaks to discuss who the main antagonist in Incredibles II has pretty much a 99% chance of being:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
    "Life's not about finding out which card is yours, but finding out which cards you're not."

I finally saw Coco recently after missing it in the theaters like an idiot.

That movie was beautiful. I bawled my eyes out at the end.
    Switch Friend Code: SW-1795-2519-1884 Click Here to check out my Twitch Channel[/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by Demon Rin View Post
    I finally saw Coco recently after missing it in the theaters like an idiot.

That movie was beautiful. I bawled my eyes out at the end.
    I saw it near the end of its run.
    Definitely one of my favorite movies of the last five years.

Spoiler:
    "Life's not about finding out which card is yours, but finding out which cards you're not."

Welp, I'm kind of excited again. That trailer was much more interesting than what had been shown so far.

Flagon Snaggin' Dragon Kaido King of the Beasts's Avatar
    Under your bed, in your closet, in your head

The last line of that trailer gave me life

Spoiler:

ScreenSlaver looks AMAZING. From less than 10 seconds of film.

Also, if more Frozone means more Samuel L. Jackson in the movie, I'm all for it.

Is it weird that the thing I found most exciting was, that Frozone finally found his super suit?

After watching the trailer again, anybody else think that Violet's eyes look kinda weird? Like she's got wrinkles or something.

I'm pretty sure that Violet has always had those rings around her eyes; it's just that they weren't as obvious on older screens and television.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Yeah, they were in the first film as well.

Her hair made it less noticeable before this scene.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Also watching that just reminds me of how poorly 3D animation ages compared to 2D.
    Complicating things since 2009.

Not watching the trailer. I'm pre-sold, I want to know NOTHING.

This is an interesting article that I think I mostly agree with:

https://screenrant.com/incredibles-2...n-problem/amp/

Spoiler:

The problem I have with most of these articles is that it makes it seem like the similarities between the Incredibles and Watchmen was intentional, but based what Brad Bird has said, that's not the case. Brad has admitted that the only superhero (at least back when the Incredibles came out) he was familiar with was Will Eisner's Spirit, a far different creature than Moore's Charlton re-imaginations. He hadn't read Watchmen at the time and barely knew anything about (if at all) until people starting asking him questions after the Incredibles was released.

(Similarly, why any connection to the F4 and the Incredibles are superficial at best, because Bird gave them powers that are best related to their traditional family roles, i.e. dads are meant to be strong, teenagers are insecure and defensive, etc. Contrast that with the stiff shirt elastic-man leader, and the flaming idiot teen of Marvel's first family.)

Quote Originally Posted by Bugs View Post
    The problem I have with most of these articles is that it makes it seem like the similarities between the Incredibles and Watchmen was intentional, but based what Brad Bird has said, that's not the case. Brad has admitted that the only superhero (at least back when the Incredibles came out) he was familiar with was Will Eisner's Spirit, a far different creature than Moore's Charlton re-imaginations. He hadn't read Watchmen at the time and barely knew anything about (if at all) until people starting asking him questions after the Incredibles was released.

(Similarly, why any connection to the F4 and the Incredibles are superficial at best, because Bird gave them powers that are best related to their traditional family roles, i.e. dads are meant to be strong, teenagers are insecure and defensive, etc. Contrast that with the stiff shirt elastic-man leader, and the flaming idiot teen of Marvel's first family.)
    Damn what did Reed and Johnny do to for you to go in on them like that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284

Quote Originally Posted by Green_vs_Red View Post
    Uhm. Those are their traditional defining traits. Reed is the stiff scientist who in looking at the bigger view often becomes a complete asshole (and he's also awful to women and completely dismissive of Sue) and Jonny... is almost always portrayed as a hot head that acts before he thinks, no matter what stupid situation he jumps into.

Its not an insult, it's what they ARE. Some of that is just a result of them being made in the 60's an no one figuring out in the 50 years since how to update them at all and have them still be the same characters.

Someday someone that grew up on One Piece is going to get a shot at the FF though and do something interesting with Reed and people will wonder how the hell that potential was missed for so many years.

Quote Originally Posted by Green_vs_Red View Post
    ...Nothing. Like Robby said, that's who they are as characters, and that's what makes them so good. Hell, the F4 are probably my favorite of the classical Silver Age Marvel runs (yes, even more than Spider-Man) in spite of the issues of sexism, because they are such flawed people. Ben is a man who uses his rocky exterior and anger to cover up his soft inner core. Sue is well... the woman in the background.

Though, you don't need Luffy to make Reed interesting given that Jack Cole already did that decades before with Plastic Man.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information