+ Reply to Thread
Page 993 of 993 FirstFirst ... 493 893 943 983 991 992 993
Results 19,841 to 19,859 of 19859

Thread: The Nintendo Thread

Default Re: The Nintendo Thread

Just as lame as I was expecting lol. "DLC, Port, Port, Port, DLC, oh hey entry #23 in a spinoff series, Port."

Spider Kirby. Spider Kirby. Can do whatever a spider can.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Just to clarify, people were still waiting for an announcement of the date of a real direct and not a 15 minutes mini direct they just put without warning anyone so don't complain about their expectations.

Hold on. Funky Kong is playable?!
    Spoiler:
    Original Stories:
    Hybrid
    Four Swords
    Hybrid Reboot.

I fucking loved TWEWY.

Sure it's the final remix version but I'll still take it.

AND TWO NEW POKKEN CHARAS?

This Direct was worth it.

As someone who skipped on the WiiU and loved DKCR, the port for Tropical Freeze is awesome news for me

Tropical Freeze is definitely an amazing title, and I highly recommend it to anyone who hasn't played it. I might just get it again and complete it again.

Nothing else really seems that exciting. I have doubts about current Mario Tennis games, they haven't been good since Power Tennis on Gamecube/Wii, and this one seems to preserve the bland mechanic of going from circle to circle.
    Like that I don't shut up about games? Here's my game design blog
    Twitch Channel: twitch.tv/Nephy4

The Tetsuo Ishimaru of AP Gizmo's Avatar

Final remix is different than IOS remix possibly, right? Hopefully the dual screen/gameplay comes back. The switch has possibilities for it to work.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gregory House
    Right and wrong do exist. Just because you don't know what the right answer is maybe there's even no way you could know what the right answer is doesn't make your answer right or even okay. It's much simpler than that. It's just plain wrong.

Tropical Freeze is a quality platformer for those who haven't played it. I think it was dumped on a bit because it was from Retro and people were chomping at the bit for a new Metroid Prime. But yeah definitely feel free to pick that one up, I played it last year on Wii U and enjoyed it a lot.

I've never played TWEWY so I'll probably go in on that and that's it. Maaaaybe Mario Tennis Aces if it's a return to form but I'm not too hopeful.

MALKIOR THE DESTROYER KaizokuJinbei's Avatar

Summary of this direct: and you get a port and you get a port and you get a port and everybody gets a port!!

That said I never did get Trop Freeze so I'll probably grab that (also totally down playing as Funky Kong)

Totally down for more Hyrule Warriors too.
    PSN: Ryuunaga, Nintendo Switch Friend ID: SW-1971-9767-4001, Steam: Malkior7, 3DS FC: 4167-5777-1464

21st Century Schizoid Man S.C. Amigo's Avatar

If a port of Super Smash Bros. U with all the DLC is in the future, then I would be a very happy boy.

Mario Tennis Aces has me interested.
    We haven't had a Tennis RPG from Camelot in 13 years.

The World Ends With You for me for sure. I'd have happily rebought Hyrule Warriors if it had a bit of new content but it looks like its only two new costumes(?) which doesnt really interest me enough to buy it for a third time. Tropical Freeze I have on Wii U and personally I want to keep some things for that so probably won't rebuy. Ys I wanted to play for a while so definite for me. Don't really care much for Dark Souls.

Mario Tennis looks good tho. I guess this will give me plenty of time to finish up Xenoblade etc and save a bit of money XD
    Winner of Arlong Park's 2011 Member Award: Most Perverted Member.

There is a sale on the 3ds shop. I might finally get fire emblem conquest. The Layton games and other stuff is on sale, american (Canadian?) Store only, nothing in europe

Only the main games, the dlc are still at full price.
    3DS FC: 0516-7666-3837
    Pokemon X

A One Man Whalepocalypse The Tenth Strawhat's Avatar

Let's see here:

TWEWY Final Mix: The first time I ever even heard of this game was through their cameos in Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance and after I looked up what it was ever since then, it's forever been in my bucket list to get for my (3)DS. Added content? Improved sprites and art? Sign me up.

Pokken DLC: Nice to see that Bandai Namco is still supporting the game. I missed this game on the Wii U (due to me not having one), but I'm sure that won't be the case now. Blastoise, my one weakness... Must... get...

Kirby Star Allies: I FRICKING LOVE KIRBY! Definitely hype.

Hyrule Warriors - Definitive Edition: Another game that I unfortunately missed from the Wii U. As a Musou fan and a Zelda fan, I NEED this.

Mario Tennis Aces: Never played a Mario Tennis game and not really interested in doing so, but word through the gamer grapevine says that the one on Gamecube was the best and that the Wii U game was yucky. I'd like to think that this game is to make up for the Wii U one. Hoping it comes out stellar.

Luigi's Balloon World in Odyssey: I can already think of the crazy areas some people are gonna hide their balloons.

DK in Mario + Rabbids: It hurts that this game only just got my attention through an ape with a tie...

Payday 2: At least there's third-party support for the Switch. Other than that, meh.

Fe and Celeste: I'm not sure if these are indie games or not since they're both under EA, but they have the look and aesthetics down (unless they got an indie division that I never knew about). Either way, both look pretty interesting so I'll keep an eye out.

DKC Tropical Freeze on Switch: DONG EXPANDED. Just the other day, I was thinking about how much I wished that this would get a Switch port and now my wish comes true, now with added Funky Kong (as his first time being playable in a DK game, to add on that)!

Dark Souls Remastered: At least there's third-party support for the Switch. That, and I haven't even touched Dark Souls 2 for my 360 in a LONG time. Other than that, meh.
    The faces of a Straw Hat.

Quote Originally Posted by The Tenth Strawhat View Post
    Mario Tennis Aces: Never played a Mario Tennis game and not really interested in doing so, but word through the gamer grapevine says that the one on Gamecube was the best and that the Wii U game was yucky. I'd like to think that this game is to make up for the Wii U one. Hoping it comes out stellar.
    The Gameboy Color and Gameboy Advance Mario Tennis games are full length RPGs.
    You can grab the GBC one from the 3DS eshop for five bucks, it's a great deal.

A One Man Whalepocalypse The Tenth Strawhat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RoboBlue View Post
    The Gameboy Color and Gameboy Advance Mario Tennis games are full length RPGs.
    You can grab the GBC one from the 3DS eshop for five bucks, it's a great deal.
    Only Nintendo can somehow create a whole story from a simple sport. Interesting info, I'll keep my eye out for that.
    The faces of a Straw Hat.

Quote Originally Posted by The Tenth Strawhat View Post
    Only Nintendo can somehow create a whole story from a simple sport. Interesting info, I'll keep my eye out for that.
    IIRC they were simple stories where you played an original character that rose up in the ranks through playing in tournaments and the like. I recall not really even getting to play against Mario characters until later on in the story. The off-court gameplay was very RPG like, with the graphics very similar to Golden Sun in the GBA games (for obvious reasons).

Although we do not know much, the story mode here looks to be very different. They seem to show Mario moving on a board, which would indicate that this story doesn't deal with original characters and also isn't RPG like. I don't know how to feel about that, personally.

This is gonna sound really random buuuut.....there's something so *satisfying* in the menu selection sfx in Mario sport titles. You guys know what I mean? The little ping when you scroll up and down in the menus, and the sound to confirm?

Discovered Stowaway K. Kira XXIII's Avatar

Kirby, Mario Tennis and DK Country are on my buy list, but I could probably get all the things they announced.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tamiel View Post

Try out my first game! All feedback is welcome, enjoy and thanks. Heroine: Kiku

Not hugely interested in the batch announced this time. I missed WEWY the first time so will be sure to pick that up. Already own DKC, Dark Souls don't interest me. Mario Tennis I've got a bitter taste from the 3DS and Wii U ones still, but may get for the RPG (if Camelot are making RPGs again tho can we not have another Golden Sun?)
    Winner of Arlong Park's 2011 Member Award: Most Perverted Member.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information