+ Reply to Thread
Page 954 of 954 FirstFirst ... 454 854 904 944 952 953 954
Results 19,061 to 19,071 of 19071

Thread: The Nintendo Thread

Default Re: The Nintendo Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Foolio View Post
    If a new Pokémon is coming out on Switch in 2018 I would be super surprised for it to actually be gen 8.
    It may not be, but I would find it a bit odd if they introduced Pokemon to the Switch without going to a new generation, especially since they came out and announced they were developing a brand new core RPG Pokemon game for the Switch this far in advance with no footage of any sort. If there's anything we've been shown since Generation V, Gamefreak does not adhere to the strict schedule we thought they had before. Generation VIII will come when they want it to.

I'd actually be happy to move away from Generation VII pretty quickly, anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Foolio View Post
    If a new Pokémon is coming out on Switch in 2018 I would be super surprised for it to actually be gen 8.
    I agree with this.

Not only would it be weird for gen VII to be so short, but development-wise it would be surprising to me for them to create an entire new region, a new set of mons, new mechanics AND new systems for a different console and have it all done pretty much within a bit more than a year of getting started, assuming interviews are accurate and work only started once success of the Switch was determined.

Given this, I'm calling remake or new game revisiting a previous region. If it were actually Gen VIII, I'd worry about it being/feeling even more limited than the past two gens have felt in comparison to earlier ones.
    3DS Friend Code:1504-6058-2691 NNID:Anax4Aero
    Twitch Channel: twitch.tv/Nephy4

Well as long as it isn't Alola I'll probably be happy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uwxEPc-V4sg

So apparently Gamexplain received an update from NOA that they meant "2018 and beyond"

so nothing to see here.

Pokemon might still be 2018. In the Spotlight he said "it may not come out for a year", so late 2018 seems like a distinct possibility to me.

I don't know about Metroid, though.

Metroid Prime 4 has a zero percent chance of coming out next year, which is fine, I wasn't expecting it.

I fully expect Pokemon Switch holiday 2018. Gamefreak is remarkably consistent with their release dates. I don't know what to expect out of it but maybe Diamond and Pearl remakes? Another trip to Alola makes no sense with Ultra Sun and Moon out this year but it really is too soon for Gen VIII especially considering it's a hardware leap.

If it's 2018, it has to be a redo of a previous region, either DPP or Kanto. Since then it's just a matter of updating assets and systems for Switch and maybe throwing in one or two new things.

For it to be new gen, it'd have to be 2019.

If they do new gen for 2018, that'd be concerning in that it's far too soon for it to be given justice. Remember it's not about having the game done BY holiday 2018, but having it content ready several months earlier in order to have sufficient time for testing, marketing, localization, certification and printing out enough copies for retail. Not to mention that pokemon company can't just put all people on one project when they'll also be juggling post-production for US/UM as well as any other project they might have floating around, whether it's spin-offs or more mobile games or w.e. else. AND THEN hurrying it to make 2018 also involves expediting an entire generation's worth of meta, tournaments, cross-promotion, anime, merchandise releases, etc etc.

Didn't they released Pokemon X and Y at the same year they announced it?
    Spoiler:
    Original Stories:
    Hybrid
    Four Swords

Quote Originally Posted by KageKageKing View Post
    Didn't they released Pokemon X and Y at the same year they announced it?
    You mean the game they announced with a trailer showing it already running with several assets already complete?

That sounds like exactly the same scenario we are in right now, yes.

Discovered Stowaway K. Kira XXIII's Avatar

Such a tease...2018 and beyond! Well, Nephy is right there is a lot of things to consider in the production life cycle of a game. So it is really hard to imagine that they would have a new gen game. Unless they move onto generation 2 Alola forms, but that leaves the question of: what does Ultra Sun and Moon have to offer then? What could be possible is a remake of a previous version but with current assets. Unless they are being extra secretive and they do have some things developed, but I am not sure if it is good marketing to not show them. I guess in case there are delays the customers have less expectations. Sounds kind of convoluted.

For Metroid 4, well...I guess I'll wait:

Hidden:
    Quote Originally Posted by Tamiel View Post

Try out my first game! All feedback is welcome, enjoy and thanks. Heroine: Kiku

I do think holiday 2019 is a safe bet for Gen 8 on the Switch. That would give Gen VII three years like the last two gens. Four years was too long for Gens 3 and 4 honestly.

But yeah if this Pokemon Switch game wasn't coming out until then they wouldnt have announced it yet. I'm actually now leaning toward a Kanto remake because it is the 20th anniversary (give or take...). Plus they could throw in a small handful of Gen 8 Pokemon as a sort of preview.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information