Closed Thread
Page 892 of 999 FirstFirst ... 392 792 842 882 890 891 892 893 894 902 942 992 ... LastLast
Results 17,821 to 17,840 of 19978

Thread: The Nintendo Thread

Default Re: The Nintendo Thread

NEW SPLATOON HAIRSTYLES I'M CRYING
    u dont know how long I waited for this.

Please let this be a fully new game and not a remake with some extras.
    Last edited by Nami; October 20th, 2016 at 07:15 AM. Reason: THERE'S PANTS TOOOO!!!!!!!!!!

"Unicorns can't see into your heart. All our dumb horns can do is glow, point towards the nearest rainbow and play rave music!"

Visit my Etsy Shop: Heart'n'Skull or Tumblr

MALKIOR THE DESTROYER KaizokuJinbei's Avatar

Took the liberty of taking screens

Spoiler:

PSN: Ryuunaga, Nintendo Switch Friend ID: SW-1971-9767-4001, Steam: Malkior7, 3DS FC: 4167-5777-1464

Gonna blast this when March comes.

Quote Originally Posted by Nami View Post
    NEW SPLATOON HAIRSTYLES I'M CRYING
    u dont know how long I waited for this.

Please let this be a fully new game and not a remake with some extras.
    Looks like a new game. The map they showed is new, and from the looks of it this one actually supports local multiplayer.

Spla2n confirmed

They put em in Smash Bros! Conekiller's Avatar

I'm pretty certain that was Skyrim that was shown.
    [
    Please visit my Deviant art gallery.
    There will be Punch and Pie!

Apparently a basketball game too? Lol I thought that was tablet streaming of an actual game.

Also, give me details on that Mario game Nintendo. That was a town!

Watched the muted trailer on my break. I was worried the thing would be like iPad sized based on the leaks and clunky for a portable, but it looks like they found a good balance. All right, now to wait for the game trailers...
    ~Stargazer~, ~Distance~ original stories.
    3DS Friend Code: 2234-8294-8917

I think the major thing here however is what the Switch (love this name!) is. The gimmick is based entirely in what the Switch is and not based on assorted gimmicks like motion gyro 3D whatever. It's a dynamic console. The gimmick is in the sheer variety and dynamism there is here. And it's entirely voluntary too!
    You could climb a real-ass mountain and then whip out your Switch and climb a mountain in Zelda.

To everyone wondering: Yes, that was Skyrim being played on the Switch. What a reveal!

Also, a list of Nintendo's publishing partners for the Switch:

Hidden:

MALKIOR THE DESTROYER KaizokuJinbei's Avatar

More screens

Spoiler:

Holy mother of god Skyrim on a Nintendo console
    PSN: Ryuunaga, Nintendo Switch Friend ID: SW-1971-9767-4001, Steam: Malkior7, 3DS FC: 4167-5777-1464

Much to my dismay, Super Mario "Switch" just looks like 3D World 2, but maybe I'll hold off on making that assumption for now.

Glad to see a regular controller on the forefront, but a portable-console hybrid is kind of a nightmare for me. I don't want Nintendo merging these two markets.

I've not watched the trailer yet since I'm still in class, but I'd like to know.
    If me and my brother want to both play a hypothetical new Pokemon game on the Switch and battle each other, would we have to buy another console just to get a second handheld?
    Or can the handheld be purchased separately?
    Or does one console come with two handhelds?
    FC(3DS) - 2724-4238-5489 (LZTan)
    FC(Switch) - SW-3434-4042-7728 (Jin)

Bond en Avant practices drawing in SAI

Quote Originally Posted by Bond en Avant View Post
    I've not watched the trailer yet since I'm still in class, but I'd like to know.
    If me and my brother want to both play a hypothetical new Pokemon game on the Switch and battle each other, would we have to buy another console just to get a second handheld?
    Or can the handheld be purchased separately?
    Or does one console come with two handhelds?
    I mean, the handheld is the Switch, so yeah you'd need two. Why would they give you 2 of the console in one?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

there HAS to be a way to have local multiplayer on a single Switch, otherwise that's a dick move to families and college dorms.

Quote Originally Posted by Envy View Post
    Much to my dismay, Super Mario "Switch" just looks like 3D World 2, but maybe I'll hold off on making that assumption for now.
    Could be, but there's new NPCs (hub world?) and I spotted a heart (life meter?)

Someone in the comments made the prediction that it could be a compromise between 64, Galaxy, and World.

Quote Originally Posted by Noqanky View Post
    there HAS to be a way to have local multiplayer on a single Switch, otherwise that's a dick move to families and college dorms.
    Oh I'm sure there will be for stuff like Mario Kart, Splatoon etc. But in the case of a hypothetical pokemon game, you get one save per game, and can only play one game at a time so you would need two systems to battle/trade etc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ew, haha. Looks kind of bad? I've never used Wii U in Gamepad mode, only, like I rarely use my 3DS outside of my house, so none of this extra functionality is appealing to me.

On the good side, it doesn't look like Ninty's gimmick du jour will interfere with Gameplay, so it's a return to form control-wise. Also, being able to break off the main pad into two controllers is a nice accommodation, since buying more controllers always sucks. And not having it be dependent on the tv is good, since not everyone has a tv these days.

On the other hand, I'm probably going to use exactly none of this stuff, and the console will still cost me more. Can Ninty just release a cheaper console-only model? Also, judging by the thing's design, games are download only now? I don't care much about physical media, but if Ninty doesn't work on their support for linking games to an account, that could be annoying for a lot of people. Next up, what's the battery life on this thing? The drain's gotta be intense, considering that the console screen powers the controllers, too, and offers wireless support for them. Actually, what's the battery life on those break-off controllers? They seem pretty low-tech at first, but having that local wireless is draining, and they're pretty small in terms of potential battery space. That probably won't be as much of an issue as the portable screen, by itself, but considering those controllers are charged by that screen, it's a drain on the overall life of the portable system. I hope there's a separate charger other than the console dock, so people can reasonably travel with this thing. Or yeah, what happens if you lose or break one of those side controllers, or the console pad? Do you have to buy another full console? I guess this can be compared to losing a handheld, but the console set is the docking bay that connects to the tv, the pad, and the side controllers, and I'm sure each of these things has their own price point. I seem to recall people having trouble with just the Wii U gamepad replacements.

Also, the name is awful. Makes it sound like one of those S&M dudes that does both S and M. Or literally just an electrical appliance. When I saw that come up, I was confused about whether or not Ninty was actually making another console. This would be a minor complaint, by itself, but considering what happened with the Wii U, I think it's worth discussing.

Now that I've cooled down a bit from typing this out, I don't think the impression I'm walking away with is as bad as I initially wanted to believe. Definitely better than the Wii U in every way. I'm just really skeptical about the price point, component battery life, and customer support.

3DS FC: 0662-3589-2887
    NNID: Gibbs-free

Unless hypothetical game works like Pokemon Stadium and can load separate data from different pokemon banks?

Closed Thread

Thread Information