+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 931 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 55 105 505 ... LastLast

Thread: The Nintendo Thread

Semi-Active, Enerette Fan! Pesola's Avatar
    Finland the contry of ice and snow, Kemi, the citiy of S*** at nowhere. Tough proud of it!

Default Re: Official Wii Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Taleran
    SSBB isn't till 2007
    Exactly! I went to pre-order my Wii, and asked if SSBB was on the 8.12. Relation date, and they said they got no clue... That made me pissed off... But atleast I get time to raise money for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoska
    And that's like 345 USD. Guess who feels a bit ripped off... but at least nobody camps in front a store when it's -20 C cold outside .

I just realized that the European launch day will be two days after the end of my current obligations: a) I won't have anything to do at least in a month or two b) I'll have loads and loads of money on my bank account ready to be spent --> Wii.
    Yeah, no one wants to sit and wait... And in here north (Tornio/Kemi, thank god I dont like in Rovaniemi or anything.... It be even MORE colder there...) it must be about -30 C already by then... So it sucks TWICE as much... Thank god(Oda?) for pre-ordering... I got myself almost to the top of the line btw, theyu should get 15 of Wii's and I was about 5th who pre-oedered. Just need to gether up the dam money... I hope I gratuate by then... Thats my main target of Wii money...

I know i'm guarenteed a Nintendo Wii when it comes to UK as our Woolworths only just started taking Preorders for it a week ago friday for the Dec 8th release. They don't ask for a deposit at all, plus since I work there I found out that when I preordered it on the first day of availability so far up until now we've only sold 20% overall of the consoles we'll be receiving.

The other decent thing about working in Woolworths is the discount I get (20% on everyday stuff, 10% on DVD's, Music, Games, TV's, DVD Players, PC's etc.) but every once in a while we get a weekend with an extra 10% added to everything over our normal discount! it was just scuh a coincidence that we got one of those weekends on the first day of availability for Preorders. So I got my Wii and 2 games I got with it (Twilight Princess and Wii Play) with 20% overall, so I got the console and games for £205 instead of £255.
    On the seventh dawn of the seventh day a twice-blessed man will roam the fields. Doomed to shadows with his brethren, or saviour to all who walk the ground.

I am NOT paying 50 dollars extra just for an awesome system!

Man, I may not be getting it on the day it comes out, but my friend is and he said that he'd invited just me over to his house on the 19th after he gets it!!

It's gonna be sick. :]
    And he's getting twilight princess and red steel! ^.^

Thanks goodness for this coming out only 4 days before my birthday. I'm almost guarenteed to get one.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Prince View Post
    I am NOT paying 50 dollars extra just for an awesome system!
    You don't pay 50 extra dollars. You pay 50 of the 250 dollars. You when you go to pick it up, you only pay 200.

Lucky me, I got the preorder. My dad went there straight after working the night shift. He said it was because I got the A & B honor role. I got a great Dad.
    Last edited by Polygon; November 12th, 2006 at 08:18 AM.

Wow, people still don't understand how pre-orders work?

Anyways, just one more Wiik

Yes that was bad, you may say what you want.
    PSN - EvilGamerX
    3DS Friend Code - 0344-9277-3361

Over here when you pay a deposit for a preorder console you are NOT paying a small portion of the price, you are paying IN ADDITION TO the original cost. This is because you are paying for the privelege of Preordering not for buying the console itself.
    On the seventh dawn of the seventh day a twice-blessed man will roam the fields. Doomed to shadows with his brethren, or saviour to all who walk the ground.

My local toys r us sold 40 more wii preorders today, and I finally got one! :)
    I would've gotten one on the gamestop date, but I kinda slept in. >.>

Quote Originally Posted by Octogon View Post
    Lucky me, I got the preorder. My dad went there straight after working the night shift. He said it was because I got the A & B honor role. I got a great Dad.
    That's cool. I was always able to consoles when they came out since my mom worked in retail, but now she doesn't so we have to rely on her friend to grab one, but whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by RoboBlue View Post
    My local toys r us sold 40 more wii preorders today, and I finally got one! :)
    I would've gotten one on the gamestop date, but I kinda slept in. >.>
    40..? 0_o

We only got 20. I got #19. Lucky, lucky me.

And I refuse to use wii as a subsitute for we.

Quote Originally Posted by Killerfly
    That's cool. I was always able to consoles when they came out since my mom worked in retail, but now she doesn't so we have to rely on her friend to grab one, but whatever.
    Last edited by Polygon; November 12th, 2006 at 10:46 AM.

And I refuse to use wii as a sussitute for wii.
    What was it you were meant to say?
    Last edited by psycho wolvesbane; November 12th, 2006 at 10:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by psycho wolvesbane View Post
    What was it you were meant to say?

*goes to correct mistake.

You don't pay 50 extra dollars. You pay 50 of the 250 dollars. You when you go to pick it up, you only pay 200.

tch, then I got ripped off! I went to Gamestop I pay 5 dollars for KH2, I go there to pick it up and they tell me to pay 49.99$ plus tax.

Quote Originally Posted by psycho wolvesbane View Post
    Over here when you pay a deposit for a preorder console you are NOT paying a small portion of the price, you are paying IN ADDITION TO the original cost. This is because you are paying for the privelege of Preordering not for buying the console itself.
    That is fucking stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Prince View Post
    tch, then I got ripped off! I went to Gamestop I pay 5 dollars for KH2, I go there to pick it up and they tell me to pay 49.99$ plus tax.
    Did you say you were picking up a pre-order? Or was the guy on staff just fucking dumb?
    PSN - EvilGamerX
    3DS Friend Code - 0344-9277-3361

Quote Originally Posted by EvilGamerX View Post
    That is fucking stupid.
    Doesn't bother me in the slightess because I got mine from Woolworths that didn't have a preorder deposit, so I didn't pay that AND I got my extra staff discount off it too .

Man toys R us is 50 dollars to preorder.
    "These are a kinder gentler Nazi," -McGuckin

I definitely getting this system along with the other systems. Looks like it's time to work OT. First I get, 360, PS3 then Wii (hopefully) then I shall complete the triad.

Brawl FC: 3823 8204 8139

Quote Originally Posted by EvilGamerX View Post
    Did you say you were picking up a pre-order? Or was the guy on staff just fucking dumb?
    I gave him the receipt to pick up my game and he says "That'll be 49.99$ + tax". Maybe my part of the country works different. Like psycho says, the privilege of the preordering is the additional cost. I thought that was how it was all across the nation. You know what else? In MY county, all stores are closed on a Sunday. The Gaming gods are doing as much as they can to prevent from me to preorder a Wii.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information