+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 930 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 104 504 ... LastLast

Thread: The Nintendo Thread

Default Re: Official Wii Discussion

People who are having a lot of trouble trying to find a Wii, PM me, I think I got a solution. But you must tell me your location. (where you live)

Quote Originally Posted by Pesola
    In Finland the box is 269.90 €
    And that's like 345 USD. Guess who feels a bit ripped off... but at least nobody camps in front a store when it's -20 °C cold outside .

I just realized that the European launch day will be two days after the end of my current obligations: a) I won't have anything to do at least in a month or two b) I'll have loads and loads of money on my bank account ready to be spent --> Wii.

269? That's 20 euros more than in the rest of Europe... How come?

Apparently, the Wii has another seceret. To be revealed at launch.

http://wii.ign.com/articles/742/742891p1.html

Japan may not like us, but Nintendo sure likes Japan.
    Avatar provided by Ferntree on DeviantArt.

They did the same thing with Gamecube right? The Panasonic Q or something like that?

Anyway, only about 19 more days. The last secret aside from being one last hurrah to gain alot of attention before launch about nothing in particular is hopefully going to be something unexpected, but I doubt it. I mean, we could just get more details regarding Wiiconnect, the DS-Wii connectivity, or something else. Well whatever, I'm still rather stiff from the Twilight Princess Spoilers I read so I'll be on my way.

Edit: Adding a Nintendo Press Release regarding games and Virtual Console
    Spoiler:

There will be 62 Wii titles available within the first 5 weeks of Wii launch. 32 of those titles are on the Wii (Tony Hawk, Excite Truck, ect), while 30 are on the Wii Virtual Console.
    Third party titles that will be available on launch day haven’t been confirmed as of right now, but most can be expected by the end of November, if not day one.
    List of third party titles available by the end of December…
    Call of Duty 3, Marvel: Ultimate Alliance, Rapala Tournament Fishing, Tony Hawk’s Downhill Jam, World Series of Poker: Tournament of Champions, Dragon Ball Z: Budokai Tenkaichi 2, Trauma Center: Second Opinion, Madden NFL 07, Need for Speed: Carbon, Elebits, Happy Feet, Ramage: Total Destruction, The Grim Adventures of Billy & Mandy, The Ant Bully, Super Monkey Ball Banana Blitz, Metal Slug Anthology, Super Swing Golf, Avatar: The Last Airbender, Barnyard, Cars, Spongebob Squarepants: Creature from the Krusty Krab, Far Cry: Vengeance, GT Pro Series, Monster 4×4 World Circuit, Open Season, Rayman Raving Rabbids, Red Steel, Splinter Cell: Double Agent, and Ice Age 2: The Meltdown
    Virtual Console talk: NES games start at 500 Wii points, Super NES games start at 800, and N64 titles start at 1000. Sega Genesis games start at 800 Wii points, TurboGrafx 16 titles start at 600 points. Take note of the wording…all purchasts start at a certain point. It leads me to believe that certain titles may be more.
    List of Virtual Console games available by the end of December…
    NES - Mario Bros., The Legend of Zelda, Donkey Kong, Donkey Kong Jr., Ice Hockey, Pinball, Soccer, Tennis, Urban Champion, Wario’s Woods, Baseball, and Solomon’s Key.
    SNES - F-Zero, Sim City
    N64 - Super Mario 64
    Sega Genesis - Sonic the Hedgehog, Altered Beast, Golden Axe, Columns, Ecco the Dolphin, Gunstar Heroes, Space Harrier II, Toe Jam & Earl, Ristar, and Dr. Robotnik’s Mean Bean Machine
    TurboGrafx 16 - Bonk’s Adventure, Super Star Soldier, Victory Run, Bomberman ‘93, and Dungeon Explorer

Quote Originally Posted by Cap'n Carter View Post
    Good thing that everytime I'm afraid I'll have the will to live I can browse Arlong Park have it utterly eliminated

You know what would be really cool. If they made a remote for the wii to look like a katana. So when you are playing red steel or bleach or zelda,etc. it's like your actually fighting with a sword. That would be so fun to play with. (at least in my mind...)

Quote Originally Posted by mr.allsunday
    Nice job jumping on the bandwagon there Aethos, I can only wish I was as cool as you

Well I think more like a dagger shaped would be more appropriate. No one's gonna want to swing an 8 ft. long sword over and over again. As for the Wii enhanced in Japan thing, maybe we shouldn't import some 360 games there and show them how we dont like them. PAYBACK!

Well obviously not 8 ft, but just the shape. So maybe like 4 feet, though defintely not dagger shapped.

Nice job jumping on the bandwagon there Aethos, I can only wish I was as cool as you

I can guaruntee you that other people will be producing such "enhancements"
    Avatar provided by Ferntree on DeviantArt.

Like mouth grips to put on the Wiimote when we use Santouryu in Ultimate Adventure. I feel very fortunate, I get to camp out in mild Florida weather. :P

Quote Originally Posted by warp
    Well obviously not 8 ft, but just the shape. So maybe like 4 feet, though defintely not dagger shapped.
    If you're thinking like this http://www.trueswords.com/images/prod/TS-DBLKWIDOD.jpg
    no, I mean like this but a little bit bigger
    http://www.trueswords.com/images/prod/TS-BBWIWS2.jpg

Ah I see, but I kinda meant it to be like a shape of a katana. You know those cheap 1 dollar plastic swords? Kinda that size.

Just pretend your controller is a lightsaber and punch yourself in the face

the bigot who thinks being an asshole is actually worth shit

If I wouldn't knew any better I would say they are watchting some girl-on-girl action. Man, at least Wii doesn't make playing video games to look any less brainless as it's already is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aldrich
    269? That's 20 euros more than in the rest of Europe... How come?
    Heavy taxing.

Heh well I preordered mine from Woolworths for £144 (20% Staff Discount ), Twilight princess for £32, and Wii Play for £28 AND Woolies don't require a deposit . Grand total of £204 for Console and 2 (3 if you include Wii Sports) games.
    On the seventh dawn of the seventh day a twice-blessed man will roam the fields. Doomed to shadows with his brethren, or saviour to all who walk the ground.

I am going to my Gamestop on the 20 and get my Wii . The manger told the people who reserved their that they have 24 hours to pay it off or they lose it .

Quote Originally Posted by op74
    I am going to my Gamestop on the 20 and get my Wii . The manger told the people who reserved their that they have 24 hours to pay it off or they lose it .
    that is HIGHLY unlikely to happen.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information