+ Reply to Thread
Page 90 of 244 FirstFirst ... 40 80 88 89 90 91 92 100 140 190 ... LastLast
Results 1,781 to 1,800 of 4880

Thread: Game of Thrones (tv show thread)

Default Re: Game of Thrones (tv show thread)

To be fair, Ramsay didn't have armour....but he did have a big fucking sword.
    "Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!" - Auron

Aww, people want Ramsay dead? He's like the most entertaining character at the moment, excluding Tyrion.
    "Going against the flow? Just means you're swimming in place. One day you are too tired to paddle, and suddenly you drown. Whole thing was pointless and now you're dead THE END. Now, going with the flow is where it's at - and that's the dandy way to live."
    - Space Dandy

Quote Originally Posted by RobZilla View Post
    To be fair, Ramsay didn't have armour....but he did have a big fucking sword.
    Are you sure about that?

Didn't he have two blades that were even smaller than Needle?

So he had neither armour nor a big fucking sword.

(Although in that environment, a big sword would actually be kind of ... difficult to use).

Quote Originally Posted by Supernova122 View Post
    Are you sure about that?

(Although in that environment, a big sword would actually be kind of ... difficult to use).
    Unfortunately, the hound didn't say anything about Meryn Trant having two smaller swords.
    "Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!" - Auron

The show has made the Ironborn look utterly incompetent. Yara was just like.... "ahhhhh fuck it". Like.... you couldn't knock him out? Or have two of your guys overpower him? He's dead? He's been tortured beyond repair!! What do you expect? He's scared it of his mind! You could have at least just killed him!

Are you sure about that?

Robzilla isn't talking about that sword BOW CHIKA CHIKA BOW WOW.
    Working thru some stuff. Dunno how long i will be here.

Sooo if we're going by the Hounds analysis:

Meryn Fucking Trant defeated an unarmed, non-armored, greatest swordsman in the world with armor and a sword.

A boy-whore with a sword could beat three Meryn Trants.

Bran/Hodor with no armor kills a guy with a sword.

A armor-less Ramsey Snow was un-killable in the face of a group of IronBorn with swords AND armor.

A unarmed, unarmored, starved, mentally and physically tortured/crippled Theon could not be overpowered by said group of Ironborn.

Ramsey's pack of dogs made the group of Ironborn (wearing armor and wielding swords) retreat.

Sooooo shirtless Ramsay > Boy-whore with sword > Meryn Trant (x3)> Bran/Hodor > Meryn Trant (x1) > unarmed Syrio Forell > Pack of dogs> Devastated Theon >group of Ironborn.

Correct my equation if needed... but in conclusion..... jeeeeeeeeez...

"We Do Not Sow"....

....more like....

"We Do Not Win"

Banned Rank: Failed Mutineer

well the Ironborn are utterly incompetent in the books as well so the show remains faithful. They're like flies buzzing around the heads of the larger houses of westeros. Every statement about intercontinental politics ends with "...oh yeah and the ironborn blahblahblah, keep forgetting about those guys." Which is really funny because they have such a warrior mentality you'd think they'd be the best at this kind of stuff but nah.

Well didn't Bromm have this little speech about not wearing armor because it slows you down? I think he wears like minimal leather armor but hes taken down guys clad in full armor too.

Didn't know what's in the books but that scene made me like: Whaa, they have armor and swords and shields, let them (the dogs) come! What should they bite?

Quote Originally Posted by Gekko135 View Post
    The show has made the Ironborn look utterly incompetent. Yara was just like.... "ahhhhh fuck it". Like.... you couldn't knock him out? Or have two of your guys overpower him? He's dead? He's been tortured beyond repair!! What do you expect? He's scared it of his mind! You could have at least just killed him!
    Winds preview chapter spoilers:

Spoiler:
    To be fair, I don't think Asha would want to kill him judging by how she behaves in this chapter. That said, in the books she has the whole "I can invalidate the kingsmoot if I bring Theon back" thing.

Also she was trying to overpower him, with the help of her people, when Ramsay arrived lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Gekko135 View Post
    Ramsey's pack of dogs made the group of Ironborn (wearing armor and wielding swords) retreat.
    I think if you.'re armed with conventional melee arms, going up against other people similarly armed is fine ... even if they have a slight numerical advantage. But going up against a pack of attack dogs is harder. You'd be batshit insane to be less scared of the attack dogs than the guards.

Quote Originally Posted by Taggerung View Post
    well the Ironborn are utterly incompetent in the books as well so the show remains faithful. They're like flies buzzing around the heads of the larger houses of westeros. Every statement about intercontinental politics ends with "...oh yeah and the ironborn blahblahblah, keep forgetting about those guys." Which is really funny because they have such a warrior mentality you'd think they'd be the best at this kind of stuff but nah.
    "A THOUSAND ships?"

Does that chapter get stuck in no-one's head but mine?

You'd be batshit insane to go into a fight like that shirtless.... so Ramsey's got the biggest balls of all.

But if the Ironborn had brought three Meryn Trants with them, and a boy-whore with a sword to handle theon, I think we would have had better odds.

I think if you.'re armed with conventional melee arms, going up against other people similarly armed is fine ... even if they have a slight numerical advantage. But going up against a pack of attack dogs is harder. You'd be batshit insane to be less scared of the attack dogs than the guards.
    Hidden:

The dogs are kept singularly in separate cages. Ramsay unlocked one dog cage, lollll. Four Ironborn cannot overpower one dog, apparently. Unless they just stood there like idiots waiting for Ramsay to unlock the rest of them.

1 dog > 4 Ironborn. Clearly, the dogs should be higher on the list, Gekko

a mood come alive.

Even Batman Got owned by dogs guys. Canīt you see they only let us live because we are too good scratching behind ears?
    Working thru some stuff. Dunno how long i will be here.

A group of rogue crows can somehow imprison Ghost, a direwolf. Why can't ironborn take care of a dog?

Quote Originally Posted by zxcv11791 View Post
    A group of rogue crows can somehow imprison Ghost, a direwolf. Why can't ironborn take care of a dog?
    We have no idea how they caught Ghost though.

I seriously doubt they'd have tried to overpower him, head on.

They worked out how to do his CGI properly so he popped back into existence.
    moooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooon

Most likely he was put there by mormont, or was there in the first place, left by john.
    3DS FC: 0516-7666-3837
    SW-4128-8032-0729

Great episode tonight, though I saw both of the big "reveals" coming (as a non-book reader). Not that it made them less awesome. Although...
    Spoiler:
    I definitely found it out of place that Tyrion didn't put it together that Oberyn would fight for him. It was so obvious to me the instant it was revealed that Cersei's champion was The Mountain. I mean how long did Oberyn spend vowing to kill him in previous episodes? Directly to Tyrion even. But someone did mention earlier that in the books Tyrion already knew who would fight for him. So I'm assuming it made more sense there.

Episode highlight
    Spoiler:
    Melisandre in the bath, yowza
    and great setting up all around as well. Have to wonder though why
    Spoiler:
    they changed "Only Cat" to "your sister". Are they afraid TV audiences won't know who 'Cat' is? And by the by, who's gonna take the fall for Lysa's death now? Will Petyr be all like, oh look you guys, she just happened to stumble across the Moon Door and fell. A tragedy, ainnit!
    "Where we're going, we won't need eyes to see."

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information