+ Reply to Thread
Page 237 of 243 FirstFirst ... 137 187 227 235 236 237 238 239 ... LastLast
Results 4,721 to 4,740 of 4850

Thread: Game of Thrones (tv show thread)

Discovered Stowaway Shaka the Tempest's Avatar

Default Re: Game of Thrones (tv show thread)

Quote Originally Posted by MrBits View Post
    Why is this season so short anyway? It's the biggest show in the world. It's not like it was in danger of being canceled or anything, they could have taken all the time they needed.
    My sentiments exactly, if the payoff was the battle against the Night's King I could see why it wouldn't need to be so long but the angle of Cersei/Daenerys/Jon needed a solid 10-12 episodes to flesh out. With that said I've been amazed with the cinematography this season, particularly in episode 2 and the Hound/Mountain fight.

They want to do Star Wars movies now, legacy of the show be damned.

I still think that the last 4 seasons have been shit. Just because I was right about Dany (and that makes me happy because fuck messiah) doesn't excuse Sansa's second weding night, princess BBQ, Tyrion's "Let's win a war by not fighting it" and "Let's risk everything to get my treacherous sister to be not treacherous", Arya's plot armor, Varys and Littlefinger's demises, the cleganebowl either being a contrievance to occur or a checkbox, hasbeen rockstar euron instead of warlock euron, the citadel being a non-factor, or the lack of the last few straws on the Mad Dragon's back.

"If I look back I am lost" means "I can't ever be wrong"
    3DS FC: 0516-7666-3837
    SW-4128-8032-0729

Discovered Stowaway MajinArekkusu's Avatar

To support Viz and SHUEISHAs MANGA Plus service hosting all Jump manga for FREE, WORLDWIDE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version.

This.
    This reaction from the fanbase is satisfying as hell.
    Usually you get a line that is somewhat equally divided when the storytelling becomes inconsistent.
    You get people who defend the writing and people who attack it, both sides with its fair share of fools.
    But this
    God damn is this satisfying to see the world acknowledge this bullshit for what it is.
    God bless the intelligent audience.

Or maybe you know, it's fucking horrendous to a kid and so what's the point anymore.

Funny enough Anakin himself never bothered. I find it strange he just sticked to the emperor once his wife and kid died but it mostly worked for me. Dude that was obsess with losing those he loved got corrupted in hope of saving his family but lost himself. Then again I mostly remember the last movie of that trilogy.

Obviously Danny turning Mad Queen wasn't the problem, but how it was done was, shitty and abrupt.

Here is just one small change that could have already made it a lot better.

Imagine that after the bells ring, it is Grey Worm who attacks the weaponless Lannister's in sheer rage and the unsullied and Dothraki start their rampage against women and children. Jon seeing this madness gives his Northern men the order to protect the innocent and thus go against Danny's soldiers.

She sits on the walls hearing the bells thinks it's over and now only has Cersei in the Tower on her mind, but then she sees Jon and his people attack hers and she take it as the ultimate final betrayal of Jon and that is the last straw to make her go crazy.

I still would like more buildup, but this would have been much better than what we got.

Or in her rage she could have just simply attacked the Castle where Cersei was at and killed a bunch of innocent people in doing so. She could have also gone after the remaining soldiers burning down houses and innocent bystanders as collateral damage.
    It would have been in line with the way they have been building the character and would have resulted in people hating her and her allies questioning her sanity.

But her taking the time to slowly go over the city, targeting civilians and burning women and children alive makes no sense.
    To support Viz and SHUEISHAs MANGA Plus service hosting all Jump manga for FREE, WORLDWIDE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.

Or she burns the red keep but Cersei connected to the wild fire around the city and by burning the castle and the wild fire under she caused the city to explode. Of course you show there were innocent people in the red keep also.

Quote Originally Posted by desa View Post
    Or she burns the red keep but Cersei connected to the wild fire around the city and by burning the castle and the wild fire under she caused the city to explode. Of course you show there were innocent people in the red keep also.
    Am I the Khaleesi crazy or did we see Wildfire explosions while Dany was going wild? It's probably been mentioned that Cersei had it installed throughout the city and I forgot. But I found it weird that nobody acknolwedged it at all in the latest episode.
    Just something fun I made during the latest Survivor playing as Monji:
    Spoiler:

EDIT: Forget it. I was enjoying the discussion but I am starting to get tired of reading what I have to say on this matter.
    Last edited by .access timeco.; May 15th, 2019 at 01:05 PM.

I haven't been a fan of Dany for a long time precisely because she has the tendency to burn first and ask questions later. So her turning out to be the final villain is super satisfying. I still would like to be able to understand her thought process better. Which I think I do now, but it took some work.

I proposed Drogon getting injured, and Jon being cheered on as the trigger(s) for her decision-making. Things we've seen before, but reiterated for the sake of a cohesive story. I want to be able to follow her logic. Or she's just insane. But that's not particularly relatable.
    Just something fun I made during the latest Survivor playing as Monji:
    Spoiler:

The backlash to the backlash is always an interesting thing.

Kind of like a shitty thing going full circle

I guess something good came of this season after all, because I have resumed reading the books. Book 5 I mean. I've only read like, 4 chapters, and it is painfully evident how nuanced and clever a lot of characters feel. Especially Jon. I'm aware that different mediums allow for different levels of character, but I can't help but feel a little betrayed by the show. I have nothing against the actor, any of the actors, heck, some of them brought new life to characters I haven't really cared about in the books.

I'm honestly considering restarting the whole series from Book 1. It's been 2 years since I read the first four, and I guess I could use burying myself into a fantasy world amidst everything I have to take care nowadays.

Quote Originally Posted by zeltrax225 View Post
    This.
    This reaction from the fanbase is satisfying as hell.
    Usually you get a line that is somewhat equally divided when the storytelling becomes inconsistent.
    You get people who defend the writing and people who attack it, both sides with its fair share of fools.
    But this
    God damn is this satisfying to see the world acknowledge this bullshit for what it is.
    God bless the intelligent audience.

Or maybe you know, it's fucking horrendous to a kid and so what's the point anymore.
    There's still a minority who liked the episode, proclaiming it as the best episode of the season (which doesn't say much). Hell I've read a post by some psychology student who used his knowledge to write a long analysis of Dany's character to prove that what happened to her made sense (as if D&D had anything of that sort in mind, those two hacks probably thought it would be cool if Dany suddenly started acting like an actual dragon herself - which is why she screamed like maniac)

Quote Originally Posted by Huschel View Post
    Am I the Khaleesi crazy or did we see Wildfire explosions while Dany was going wild? It's probably been mentioned that Cersei had it installed throughout the city and I forgot. But I found it weird that nobody acknolwedged it at all in the latest episode.
    The mad king had secret stach of wild fire throughout the city. Cersei discovered some recently and did the church explosion. And I think the one Tyrion use was also from the mad king. Those that are exploding are probably some more of his secret stashes

Season 7 is still the benchmark for fuck-ups in the series for me. This season has its issues, but seven was impossibly bad.

To be fair he doesn't have an army or Dragon to do it so we can't be certain. Maybe he is craftiest of them all and manipulated Danny into doing it.

Davos for the throne.

So is the base of Dany's insanity supposed to be that insanity is just hereditary and that she can't help but slide into it, or is the rationale supposed to be more like the jokers all it takes is one bad day and anyone can snap idea? Personally i don't much enjoy you can't fight your fate notions but it seems to be more like what the writers are putting out there. Or what do you guys think?

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information