+ Reply to Thread
Page 217 of 245 FirstFirst ... 117 167 207 215 216 217 218 219 227 ... LastLast
Results 4,321 to 4,340 of 4881

Thread: Game of Thrones (tv show thread)

Default Re: Game of Thrones (tv show thread)

Quote Originally Posted by Jabra View Post
    a) Team Danny now plans and calculates with a massive Lannister army that will never show up. Imagine the Battle of the Bastards, just without the Knights of the Vale ever coming for help.
    Expect the army of the dead is also really bad for her. THey are actually the most dangerous since if they defeat Danny every troop Danny has will go to them. I can understand not helping so that she can be fresh when everything is done and kill the weaken one. I don't understand sabotaging them considering she needs them to win to have a shot at being queen.
    b) Cersei can move her troops around strategically important points without raising (major) suspicion, at least for the moment.
    But wouldn't her army not showing up at rendez raise more suspicion? I mean if she's only staying home it's normal to not hear her but if she is suppose to show her absence would be noticed. It's not like she can lost in her way to the north or that the army is attacking on many front. Plus her plan seems to be to wait for the mercenaries to move. A wait that would be helped if the opposing party believe her staying home is normal.

21st Century Schizoid Man Johnny B. Decent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by desa View Post
    I would also have preferred if Jon didn't give Theon is forgiveness. Just something to make Jon a little more real and less perfect.
    I mean, his dick and balls were cut off. What more could you do to spite him?

I would also have preferred if Jon didn't give Theon is forgiveness. Just something to make Jon a little more real and less perfect.
    I'm pretty sure all Jon could forgive Theon for was that he kicked him once when they were little.

How original is it to still have this in my signature 5 years later?

Quote Originally Posted by S.C. Amigo View Post
    I mean, his dick and balls were cut off. What more could you do to spite him?
    I didn't ask for him to spite him. JUst not give him any forgiveness.

seems like the only good thing that came out of bringing a weigh to cersei was jamie leaving her, hopefully he'll be able to reach the north, tell them of her plans and have the lannisters army behind him.
    whats truly ironic, is that the night king would've never been able to destroy the wall had dany not handed him a dragon. i would give my left eye to know what he had planned if he didn't get a dragon, his whole plan would've probably failed!

Expect the army of the dead is also really bad for her. THey are actually the most dangerous since if they defeat Danny every troop Danny has will go to them. I can understand not helping so that she can be fresh when everything is done and kill the weaken one. I don't understand sabotaging them considering she needs them to win to have a shot at being queen.
    You say that from the perspective of someone who saw it all and from every angle. Cersei has no idea. She doesn't know that the Night King just evolved a super zombie dragon that spits explosive blue fire. Instead, team Danny shows her a pitiful White Walker with an instruction on how to kill it - with one of the best weapons against it being fire.
    I mean let this sink in, they told Cersei Lannister that fire is the weakness of the army of the dead.
    Why should she care about Danny's army turning into undead when she can easily burn them with wildfire? Hell, from her point of view all of them turning into mindless undead is preferrable to an army of living organized Unsullied, a horde of battle hardened Dothraki and two huge fire-immune Dragons that could level her Kingdom alone.

What Danny should have done, right after her demonstration of power with Drogon roaring at everyone, is to tell them that the leader of the dead one-shotted exactly this kind of terrifying creature that is standing before them. Not make up a story about Viserion guarding the fleet or some nonsense. They came to show how dire the situation is, but for some silly reason left out the best argument. That the Night King is able to kill even Dragons, and that it's extremely likely that the dead Dragon is already resurrected and fighting on their side (just like the dead horses and bears they encountered before).

Anyway, Cersei's plan is solid considering her personal motives and the information available. Let Danny fight the undead, hope the Monsters kill each other (resulting in hopefully dead dragons, her biggest issue) and then defend the Kingdom against flammable undead soldiers. We all know it's a terrible, terrible idea, but we also know so much more.

But wouldn't her army not showing up at rendez raise more suspicion? I mean if she's only staying home it's normal to not hear her but if she is suppose to show her absence would be noticed. It's not like she can lost in her way to the north or that the army is attacking on many front. Plus her plan seems to be to wait for the mercenaries to move. A wait that would be helped if the opposing party believe her staying home is normal.
    At best it buys a little time, and that's better than nothing I guess.
    Last edited by Jabra; August 28th, 2017 at 01:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Outerspec View Post
    Spoiler:
    Damn, even more and more it seems like it was a complete waste of time to have gone over that wall and and captured that wight.

Cons

Lost a few good men.
    Lost a dragon.
    Enemies gained a dragon.
    Enemies gained super easy access pass the wall.
    Cersei has decided to betray the alliance despite the proof.

Pros

Killed a lot of the undead.
    Gained information on how troops are linked to the walker who turned em'
    Got the proof they needed to convince Cersei (disregarding hindsight)

So, besides the 'cut the head off the snake and the whole body dies' information, can't really say the trip was worth the effort. I understand why they tried it though and they couldn't have known Cersei would be so dense and selfish but, whatevs. Hindsight is 20/20. Makes me wonder though how exactly the undead army planned to get over the wall originally. Most likely they were to climb it.
    You forgot to list "Get to bend the knee to make more dragons" as part of the pros tho so overall, I'd say it evened out.

Also Jon doesn't even want the throne which contribute to making that think annoying. PLus this moment is probably the the last moment to tell Jon about it so I'm not sure what Bran is talking about. Jon being a Targaryen won't help the war. It just brings risk of conflict. And I hate the idea of Danny marrying the king rather than getting there by herself. God i hate that thing
    Seems to me Jon is being set up to take the iron throne at the end, he didn't want to be candidate for Lord Commander either, and said he hated being named as King in the North, tbh I believe one between Danny, Jon and Tyrion should die, at least one of them, is just not GoT if they all keep having plot armor until the end, and I could see Danny dying at giving birth, and Danny's death leaves no more options but Jon and their possible offspring.

Quote Originally Posted by Monquito View Post
    Seems to me Jon is being set up to take the iron throne at the end, he didn't want to be candidate for Lord Commander either, and said he hated being named as King in the North, tbh I believe one between Danny, Jon and Tyrion should die, at least one of them, is just not GoT if they all keep having plot armor until the end, and I could see Danny dying at giving birth, and Danny's death leaves no more options but Jon and their possible offspring.
    Jon or Danny can die. Tyrion won't.

I said I hated the idea of Jon as king not that it couldn't happen.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Quote Originally Posted by Outerspec View Post
    Spoiler:

So, besides the 'cut the head off the snake and the whole body dies' information, can't really say the trip was worth the effort. I understand why they tried it though and they couldn't have known Cersei would be so dense and selfish but, whatevs. Hindsight is 20/20. Makes me wonder though how exactly the undead army planned to get over the wall originally. Most likely they were to climb it.
    Considering the goal was a truce I think even without hingsight the plan is a stupid one. However they should have capitalized on the results by telling Cersei someone took out a dragon alone and that kind of firepower requires teaming up.

btw, you guys noticed the Dothraki guy wearing the Lannister armor in one of his arms xD, they're staring to act as Westerosi now.

Quote Originally Posted by Jabra View Post
    You say that from the perspective of someone who saw it all and from every angle. Cersei has no idea. She doesn't know that the Night King just evolved a super zombie dragon that spits explosive blue fire. Instead, team Danny shows her a pitiful White Walker with an instruction on how to kill it - with one of the best weapons against it being fire.
    She knows the dead are the enemy meaning by the time they get to King's Landing they'll be a stronger army not weaker. She also know they took out a dragon.

I mean let this sink in, they told Cersei Lannister that fire is the weakness of the army of the dead.
    Why should she care about Danny's army turning into undead when she can easily burn them with wildfire? Hell, from her point of view all of them turning into mindless undead is preferrable to an army of living organized Unsullied, a horde of battle hardened Dothraki and two huge fire-immune Dragons that could level her Kingdom alone.
    I doubt that could be her plan since humans burn just as easily and when you cut their arm they tend to fall while it's not the case for a zombie(she saw it). For the dead to get to King's landing a good number of kingdom would be dead, the army would be much larger than the one Danny had and they have fewer weaknesses than humans.

What Danny should have done, right after her demonstration of power with Drogon roaring at everyone, is to tell them that the leader of the dead one-shotted exactly this kind of terrifying creature that is standing before them. Not make up a story about Viserion guarding the fleet or some nonsense. They came to show how dire the situation is, but for some silly reason left out the best argument. That the Night King is able to kill even Dragons, and that it's extremely likely that the dead Dragon is already resurrected and fighting on their side (just like the dead horses and bears they encountered before).
    Cersei did notice the absence of Vyserion which is why she's banking on the dead doing heavy damage. Considering how she's talking how her forces can't help, the dragon death and how her enemies will be weaken I think she's clearly cheering for Danny because the dead would only get stronger while if it's Danny she'll be weaker and ready to be taken down. In her conversation with Jaimie she always mention Danny forces when talking about the future.How a good chunk will die. How there's no need to help becasue dragons can burn the dead. She seems to be aiming for a weaken Danny and that's the option that makes sense.

Anyway, Cersei's plan is solid considering her personal motives and the information available. Let Danny fight the undead, hope the Monsters kill each other (resulting in hopefully dead dragons, her biggest issue) and then defend the Kingdom against flammable undead soldiers. We all know it's a terrible, terrible idea, but we also know so much more.
    I do think her plan is solid and I think she hope to face a tired and weakened army with maybe no dragon rather than undead soldiers.

Anyway the decision to lie on helping mostly won't matter since Jaimie will probably tell them the truth.

At best it buys a little time, and that's better than nothing I guess.
    I would expect a truce to buy her more time but that's just a nitpick.

The Mad Moiselle BellisarioFaith's Avatar

-But damn that Baelish is the chief of the vale did not matter much. I mean is there any reason for the guy not to follow Baelish order other than him not being a fan? How easy it was really bother me.
    Well, it had just come out publicly to everyone in that room that Littlefinger was only the Lord Protector of the Vale at all because he 1) murdered the previous Lady of the Vale (Lysa) in order to seize power, and 2) before that, worked with said Lady to poison her husband, the much-loved Lord of the Vale (Jon Arryn). Can't imagine that would leave Royce (the man he gave that order to) or anyone else feeling all that loyal to him; he would just be a usurper in their eyes. The fact that he wronged the Starks in so many ways, and was also responsible for starting the feud that eventually escalated and plunged the country into civil war, couldn't have helped either.
    Hidden:

-Something a reviewer once mention and I agree is that it is strange that Bealish would send someone to kill Bran in his room a place wher Caitelyn has good reason to be and decent chance of being injured.
    Don't think too much about it, you're bound to found inconsistencies about that. The 1st season adapted the books quite faithfully and in the books it's later revealed that Joffrey sent the killer to murder Bran before leaving Winterfell.

-But damn that Baelish is the chief of the vale did not matter much. I mean is there any reason for the guy not to follow Baelish order other than him not being a fan? How easy it was really bother me.
    You know for someone with so many complaints you don't seem to have much memory about what you watched.
    Like, you don't remember anything about Royce and Littlefinger at all?

Tyrion ace detective, who didn't notice that his girlfriend was his dad's girlfriend, or that he still believes that it was cersei who tried to kill him and not Littlefinger during blackwater, deduced that it was Joffrey through overwhelming circumstancial evidence of "I've used Valyrian steel before" to somehow contact a random mook, and give him an incredibly valuable dagger to do the task.

It's joffrey, having enough cunning to put a hit on someone and not gloat like a jackass for 3 books.
    3DS FC: 0516-7666-3837
    SW-4128-8032-0729

Quote Originally Posted by Monkey King View Post
    You know for someone with so many complaints you don't seem to have much memory about what you watched.
    Like, you don't remember anything about Royce and Littlefinger at all?
    He was doubting Littlefinger. Sansa cousin almost had him executed(due to Baelish) as a way for him to understand that Baelish had complete control over his lord and it's not a good idea to defy him. I also think he showed his disdain for him when the trial was going for Sansa's aunt.

I don't think I am forgetting another important scene.

I don't think I said it was incoherent or not in character or anything of such. Just that I expected his role as protector of the vale would play a bigger role in how hard it his to remove him since losing his men was one of the biggest reason why he was kept around by Sansa.

And I enjoyed the great majority of the episode.

Quote Originally Posted by BellisarioFaith View Post
    Well, it had just come out publicly to everyone in that room that Littlefinger was only the Lord Protector of the Vale at all because he 1) murdered the previous Lady of the Vale (Lysa) in order to seize power, and 2) before that, worked with said Lady to poison her husband, the much-loved Lord of the Vale (Jon Arryn). Can't imagine that would leave Royce (the man he gave that order to) or anyone else feeling all that loyal to him; he would just be a usurper in their eyes. The fact that he wronged the Starks in so many ways, and was also responsible for starting the feud that eventually escalated and plunged the country into civil war, couldn't have helped either.
    The simple fact that Sansa was the one who cleared him of the death of Lysa and is now retracting her testimony is defnitely enough to give Royce the opening he wanted to get rid of his slimy self. After all if Robin question why Baelish got killed he can say Littlefinger killed his mom(and dad). I don't deny it makes sense. It just felt kind of easy way to dispose of Littlefinger to me.

Quote Originally Posted by maxterdexter View Post
    Tyrion ace detective, who didn't notice that his girlfriend was his dad's girlfriend, or that he still believes that it was cersei who tried to kill him and not Littlefinger during blackwater, deduced that it was Joffrey through overwhelming circumstancial evidence of "I've used Valyrian steel before" to somehow contact a random mook, and give him an incredibly valuable dagger to do the task.

It's joffrey, having enough cunning to put a hit on someone and not gloat like a jackass for 3 books.
    Book stuff, kinda offtopic so I'll hide it in a spoiler
    Spoiler:

Valyrian steel is incredibly rare and...
    Tyrion was staring at his nephew with his mismatched eyes. "Perhaps a knife, sire. To match your sword. A dagger of the same fine Valyrian steel . . . with a dragonbone hilt, say?" Joff gave him a sharp look. "You . . . yes, a dagger to match my sword, good." He nodded. "A . . . a gold hilt with rubies in it. Dragonbone is too plain."
    Explain to me why Joffrey is so nervous after hearing Tyrion. He didn't gloat about it because he failed.

Tyrion also gives an explanation about the random mook and about why Joffrey chose that dagger:
    Spoiler:
    I am no stranger to Valyrian steel, the boy had boasted. The septons were always going on about how the Father Above judges us all. If the Father would be so good as to topple over and crush Joff like a dung beetle, I might even believe it.
    He ought to have seen it long ago. Jaime would never send another man to do his killing, and Cersei was too cunning to use a knife that could be traced back to her, but Joff, arrogant vicious stupid little wretch that he was...
    He remembered a cold morning when he’d climbed down the steep exterior steps from Winterfell’s library to find Prince Joffrey jesting with the Hound about killing wolves. Send a dog to kill a wolf, he said. Even Joffrey was not so foolish as to command Sandor Clegane to slay a son of Eddard Stark, however; the Hound would have gone to Cersei. Instead the boy found his catspaw among the unsavory lot of freeriders, merchants, and camp followers who’d attached themselves to the king’s party as they made their way north. Some poxy lackwit willing to risk his life for a prince’s favor and a little coin. Tyrion wondered whose idea it had been to wait until Robert left Winterfell before opening Bran’s throat. Joffs, most like. No doubt he thought it was the height of cunning.

The prince’s own dagger had a jeweled pommel and inlaid goldwork on the blade, Tyrion seemed to recall. At least Joff had not been stupid enough to use that. Instead he went poking among his father’s weapons. Robert Baratheon was a man of careless generosity, and would have given his son any dagger he wanted... but Tyrion guessed that the boy had just taken it. Robert had come to Winterfell with a long tail of knights and retainers, a huge wheelhouse, and a baggage train. No doubt some diligent servant had made certain that the king’s weapons went with him, in case he should desire any of them.

The blade Joff chose was nice and plain. No goldwork, no jewels in the hilt, no silver inlay on the blade. King Robert never wore it, had likely forgotten he owned it. Yet the Valyrian steel was deadly sharp... sharp enough to slice through skin, flesh, and muscle in one quick stroke. I am no stranger to Valyrian steel. But he had been, hadn’t he? Else he would never have been so foolish as to pick Littlefinger’s knife.

Additionally, Jaime also thought Joffrey was behind it all:
    Spoiler:
    Jaime suddenly remembered something else that troubled him about Winterfell. “At Riverrun, Catelyn Stark seemed convinced I’d sent some footpad to slit her son’s throat. That I’d given him a dagger.”

“That,” she said scornfully. “Tyrion asked me about that.”

“There was a dagger. The scars on Lady Catelyn’s hands were real enough, she showed them to me. Did you... ?”

“Oh, don’t be absurd.” Cersei closed the window. “Yes, I hoped the boy would die. So did you. Even Robert thought that would have been for the best. ‘We kill our horses when they break a leg, and our dogs when they go blind, but we are too weak to give the same mercy to crippled children’ he told me. He was blind himself at the time, from drink.”

Robert? Jaime had guarded the king long enough to know that Robert Baratheon said things in his cups that he would have denied angrily the next day. “Were you alone when Robert said this?”

“You don’t think he said it to Ned Stark, I hope? Of course we were alone. Us and the children.” Cersei removed her hairnet and draped it over a bedpost, then shook out her golden curls. “Perhaps Myrcella sent this man with the dagger, do you think so?”

It was meant as mockery, but she’d cut right to the heart of it, Jaime saw at once. “Not Myrcella. Joffrey.”
    Cersei frowned. “Joffrey had no love for Robb Stark, but the younger boy was nothing to him. He was only a child himself .”

“A child hungry for a pat on the head from that sot you let him believe was his father.” He had an uncomfortable thought. “Tyrion almost died because of this bloody dagger. If he knew the whole thing was Joffrey’s work, that might be why...”

“I don’t care why,” Cersei said. “He can take his reasons down to hell with him

Finally, George Martin said in an interview that:
    I will tell you that ASOS will resolve the question of Bran and the dagger, and also that of Jon Arryn's killer. Some other questions will =not= be resolved... and hopefully I will give you a few new puzzles to worry at.

Tyrion lurking behind the stairs like he was secretly in love with Daenerys.

Quote Originally Posted by Purple Hermit View Post
    You forgot to list "Get to bend the knee to make more dragons" as part of the pros tho so overall, I'd say it evened out.
    But then I would have to put incest under the cons, lol.
    Everything's Eventual...

Littlefinger going down, because two sisters hold together, unlike the previous generation, who he killed.
    One of my favourite characters saying goodbye is always unpleasant, but it had to happen...just hoped for him to make a bigger last impact before going out.
    The wall crumbling i expected, but that a ice-breathing dragon has the power to destroy that ancient ice...still cool!
    Cersei being at her best, always cunning and scheming, ain´t giving a fuck.
    Foreshadowing of her doom was shown already, but she was saved for the last act, fitting also for the character who will bring her to an end.
    UnrevealedVegapunk/Ryokugyu/Loki/Rocks/Im-san
    IslandElbaf/Raftel/GodValley
    UnresolvedWeevil´s plan/Explaining DFs/Deal with Kuma-Bonney´s past/Joy-Boy/Zunisha´s story/Rocks flashback/Void Century/Rioponeglyph/Uranus/the D.clan
    DFWind/Metal/Wood/Acid/Liquid/Time-Stop

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information