+ Reply to Thread
Page 209 of 245 FirstFirst ... 109 159 199 207 208 209 210 211 219 ... LastLast
Results 4,161 to 4,180 of 4881

Thread: Game of Thrones (tv show thread)

Default Re: Game of Thrones (tv show thread)

I say no, Mel and Jon brought him back to life.

I say the lord of light was a powerful warg of the past who made random prophecies and taught some healing and fire manipulation, and passed it as magic, and some drugs that enhance warging and illusions and that is closer to magic, but still no miracles, and just went with it.

Just like the seven were founded by some hunger stricken priest that ate some psychedelic mushrooms, or the drowned god was founded by some dude who knew CPR.
    3DS FC: 0516-7666-3837
    SW-4128-8032-0729

Large image. The Night King is no joke.
    Spoiler:

Discovered Stowaway MajinArekkusu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nilitch View Post
    That's a very edgy review

also, "edgy-youtube-guy anticipating the bad comments on his video" is edgy youtube cliché guy
    Guy points out legit problems, you call him only edgy and ignore all that. Fanboying much?
    To support Viz and SHUEISHAs MANGA Plus service hosting all Jump manga for FREE, WORLDWIDE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version.

I don't imagine it will end well for Littlefinger next episode. There's absolutely nothing he can do dethrone either Cersei or Daenerys in the foreseeable future, nor do I believe the rift between the Arya and Sansa is genuine - at least from Arya's perspective. Arya may believe what she's saying, but in the end she probably wants Littlefinger to slip up.

Next week's episode preview talk

Spoiler:
    Look at Podrik walking next to Jon! Someone's gone up in the world.

Daenerys wasn't show so I don't image she'll be there. She can survey the land from a distance with her dragons, whereas Tyrion can take of the talking and Jon take care of the spooking.

I take the chance to remember that the series is beyond the book, and this is speculation:

There is a chance that arya was killed and skinned by the waif at her darkness battle, and she has just been completing arya's list but Little finger with his bravos connections has hired the faceless men for a hit.

Assuming she is arya, and is just being dense for plot sake, or for her own weird plans:
    There is also that arya has covered most of her list, leaving:
    Mel: she shouldn't be a target once she meets gendry again
    The mountain: her most likely target to kill, as even in a cleganebowl, I can't see the hound managing to win.
    Ilyn Payne: forgotten character, as the actor got cancer, she will probably get Pod Payne to tell her that he's already dead.
    Cersei: thematically is Jaime who is going to kill her the next time she threatens to burn king's landing just like the mad king.
    SW-4128-8032-0729

Quote Originally Posted by MajinArekkusu View Post
    I did really enjoy the ep, but I also agree with many of his points. The writing is clearly worse this season, and there's no way Danaerys could have made it in time. The one wight conveniently surviving made me laugh while watching the ep (and we've never seen evidence of wights dying if the walker who turned them gets killed). The entire Expendables plan was just inexcusably bad.

However, I can believe that the White Walkers waited long enough for reinforcements to arrive intentionally, to enlarge their army. It's also pretty obvious why the Night King would initially choose to attack one of the two smaller dragons.

Quote Originally Posted by S.C. Amigo View Post
    I may be in the minority, but I never really care about the Wall-centered storylines, but even moreso for the White Walkers. In a story so based about characters and dialogue, antagonists that literally are just walking icicles doesn't do much for me.
    I kind of like the idea that all the ugly infighting of humanity has this almost natural disaster like inevitability bearing down on it though.
    It is a force creating big ripples and waves within those many squabbling characters.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

We nitpick, because they put themselves into that trap of how they staged the whole scene with the NK clearly aiming at a nonmoving dragon with the ENTIRE party on board. He could have taken them out easily, he even aimed at them at first. So it's on the creators to stage it better and not allow such complaints to be made in the first place.
    The other dragon was actively destroying the zombie army and could very well be headed to the WW's next. It was an aggressive real threat. Taking out the landed one wouldn't have killed the passengers on it as they weren't airborn yet anyway.
    One minute you kill the landed one, next minute the flying one scorches you dead.
    Not that there wasn't lots of little bumps and warts this episode (and in general), but you're simultaneously thinking too hard and too little.

I dunno personally at this point I've come to accept this show isn't the tightest written thing on details.
    It's not a total disaster of messy writing like latter Sopranos like people keep pretending, but yeah no it's not a super airtight masterpiece like The Wire either. No disagreement there.
    Some details bother me still, some don't.

But all the same I'd worry more about legit outright issues and not easily interpretable stuff that isn't even really an issue.
    Maybe it would have made more sense to aim for the landed dragon, or maybe the flying one was considered too much of a threat to the Walkers and their staff. Given the choice why not give the show their plausibility?
    Much easier to mock the warping thing, which I generally don't care about, but yeah was pretty hard to ignore this episode lol.

Quote Originally Posted by maxterdexter View Post
    There is a chance that arya was killed and skinned by the waif at her darkness battle, and she has just been completing arya's list but Little finger with his bravos connections has hired the faceless men for a hit.
    That's way too ridiculous dude. Why would the Waif care about Arya's list?
    Or even Sansa's letter?

Assuming she is arya, and is just being dense for plot sake, or for her own weird plans:
    I don't see it as dense, so much as the logical end result of her quest to some degree.
    We've all (me included) been too used to rooting for her and her goals that we've overlooked the classic pitfalls to becoming obsessed with revenge like this. The most morally dubious she's really been previously was leaving the Hound to die even after developing a Gohan/Piccolo relationship. So we got lulled into a false sense of security.
    But I mean if she's this obsessed with revenge and restoring the honor of the Stark house, yeah a side of that will be a sort of insanely deep distrust of any possible enemies to the family and anyone who ever worked for their main enemy the Lannisters. Including her sister sure.

What most made me uncomfortable was the comments last episode where she was talking like a dictator about striking fear into the hearts of the vassals and allies rather than worrying about generous leadership. At first I was like "wtf?" but thinking about it makes sense. Becoming totally obsessive of losing loved ones and what happened to those you're still out to avenge could easily lead to that. Now she sees enemies everywhere, daggers behind every corner. And it's not even a crazy sentiment really, it's based in reality.

I mean, that's essentially why the nasty but smart Lannisters (Tywin, Cersei) have been the way they are. Brutal and cunning because you expect everyone is out to get you and your loved ones/lineage at any time, including sometimes relatives. Look at how Cersei was with Tyrion and Kevan.
    Sad to see Arya falling into that, but it's not out of nowhere.

Guy points out legit problems, you call him only edgy and ignore all that. Fanboying much?
    The very concept of nitpicking is that people are overreacting to minor flaws

And you kind of ignored the part of my post (the sarcastic-nitpicking part) that was saying something else than --edgy. On the other hand you're ignoring what I said (->>edgyy), because there is nothing empty in saying edgy (/or nitpicker).
    He is right on everything he said, didn't make much sense etc, I've noticed all of that while watching the epsiode but I'm just not a pretentious youngster anymore

Literally everyone had noticed the Night King should have hit Drogon instead. Everyone said "lol wtf" but this guy is making all a fuss for not much. He even acknowledged it at the end of his video but tried to dodge the critics by doing some "uh I'm a passionate guy you can't understand my feelings"

And his "worst episode eva" rhetoric is just butt-hurt
    Every nation gets the government it deserves.---- Joseph de Maistre

Quote Originally Posted by RoboBlue View Post
    The one wight conveniently surviving made me laugh while watching the ep
    It was very sloppy in some ways, but they did address it in dialogue.
    (and we've never seen evidence of wights dying if the walker who turned them gets killed)
    We did last night. A thing they introduced at their own risk due to the previous point of it making that one zombie seem randomly alive.
    The only real issue was it suddenly resolved that one skirmish quickly, but there was no hint that that fight was un-winnable or even a major challenge without it happening.
    They should have had more than one survive the Walker dying, would have been less sloppy that way.
    Same with Benjen ex machina (a deus ex machine that wasn't even particularly necessary since Jon was in and out so quick from his situation), they could have shown a mystery horseman distantly watching the team at earlier points in the episode, little things like that to just make it smoother. But I think the point there was really just resolving Benjen rather than needing a way to save Jon.

Quote Originally Posted by Nilitch View Post
    And his "worst episode eva" rhetoric is just butt-hurt
    Yeah this too, this sort of stuff is really dumb and used to be rotten in this thread before more people just kind of realized it was tiresome and told folks to shut up.
    People who think this is what a badly written show looks like are some spoiled lucky folks.

This was a great episode, for someone like me, who enjoys them wrapping things up.

Quote Originally Posted by KzTxL7 View Post
    I wasn't distracted by Lucy being half naked.

You won this week Fairy Tail.

i don't want to sound like im nitpicking too, but did they explain why the group had to split up from gendry instead of running with him to eastwatch?
    the only explanation that was vaguely given was that they weren't as fast as him? im not really sure but it seemed like jon intentionally put himself in danger just so dany could come and save him.

Quote Originally Posted by Monkey King View Post
    That's way too ridiculous dude. Why would the Waif care about Arya's list?
    Or even Sansa's letter?
    I'll grant Sansa's letter, but the list? That thing is a prayer to the god of death from the get go, the many faced god followers do these things, get in contact with the powerless and take care of their marks. It's a tinfoil hat theory to be sure.
    SW-4128-8032-0729

Schrödinger's Giraffe Wooden_Giraffe's Avatar

If that were the case wouldn't she have continue to King's Landing to finish the list? Yet upon hearing about Jon retaking Winterfell she changed direction, not sure why the Waif would do that.

I don't think the scene with Nymeria would be plausible in any way if it weren't really Arya lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Hanz View Post
    i don't want to sound like im nitpicking too, but did they explain why the group had to split up from gendry instead of running with him to eastwatch?
    the only explanation that was vaguely given was that they weren't as fast as him? im not really sure but it seemed like jon intentionally put himself in danger just so dany could come and save him.
    If they wanted to bring the undead body with them, they couldn't very well run as fast as Gendry, and would likely tire out before even reaching the wall, whereas the undead army would be relentless, likely.

The un-dead they caught was yelling --and calling others. That's why he sent Gendry alone.

But it's not like Jon had any plan to survive until Daenerys's arrival anyway. "go ! no worry, there is a little island in the middle of this frozen lake, we'll be waiting there, lol "

Drogon could have flown there, taken a wight in his mouth and flew back... would have been easier.

And I guess that ---for people wondering why the wights are getting one-shot--- it's because they have dragonglass with them, right?
    Last edited by Nilitch; August 21st, 2017 at 10:29 AM.

I just facepalmed everytime Arya and Sansa talked or did something this ep. Like they were heavily hit with Ned disease.

Sure talk to Littlefinger again. Send Brienne away. Sneak into the room... Sure, believe this letter. Threaten your sister...

Last week we argued about horses so far up in the north and the fellaship not having some at hand. Now Benjen just shows up with one. Ok.
    “As I stand out here in the wonders of the unknown at Hadley, I sort of realize there’s a fundamental truth to our nature: Man must explore!” – David Scott, Moon

Quote Originally Posted by Monkey King View Post
    It was very sloppy in some ways, but they did address it in dialogue.

We did last night. A thing they introduced at their own risk due to the previous point of it making that one zombie seem randomly alive.
    The only real issue was it suddenly resolved that one skirmish quickly, but there was no hint that that fight was un-winnable or even a major challenge without it happening.
    They should have had more than one survive the Walker dying, would have been less sloppy that way.
    Same with Benjen ex machina (a deus ex machine that wasn't even particularly necessary since Jon was in and out so quick from his situation), they could have shown a mystery horseman distantly watching the team at earlier points in the episode, little things like that to just make it smoother. But I think the point there was really just resolving Benjen rather than needing a way to save Jon.
    I agree, all of those things could very easily have been done better. You never want to have more than one deus ex machina in a single episode.

Edit: You know... if the death of a walker immediately shrinks their army, WHY WOULD THE WALKERS EVER FIGHT?

Quote Originally Posted by RoboBlue View Post
    You know... if the death of a walker immediately shrinks their army, WHY WOULD THE WALKERS EVER FIGHT?
    Maybe they didn't know until very recently that they weren't as much immortal as they thought.

One of them was seen being killed by the Night King in Hardhome, and the following WhiteWalker that got killed was the one who's been ambushed in the last episode.

Maybe it's not gonna be in the books after all

Prophecies are fine, people is what fucks shit up, Cercei knows that a younger and more beautiful princess will move her apart, that's why she was a bitch to Sansa and Margaery, while didn't consider Daenerys at all this whole time, she's also well aware of the "Valonqar" that's gonna kill her, and have always seem to see this on Tyrion while completely ignoring the Kingslayer, it happens the same with Melissandre, she's a human and is capable of committing mistakes, confusing Stannis with the prince that was promised and burning childs.
    but now, with Jon and Danny likely to do some sexy time, "the stallion that will ride the world", "the prince that was promised" and all that stuff is very likely coming to life now.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone_Baroness View Post
    Large image. The Night King is no joke.
    This one is better.

Spoiler:

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information