+ Reply to Thread
Page 206 of 245 FirstFirst ... 106 156 196 204 205 206 207 208 216 ... LastLast
Results 4,101 to 4,120 of 4881

Thread: Game of Thrones (tv show thread)

Default Re: Game of Thrones (tv show thread)

Quote Originally Posted by desa View Post
    Is the episode hd?
    full hd

It's available on the pirate bay for torrent users but people are saying it's on streaming too.
    It's the longest and best (imo) episode so far (at least in this season).

I downloaded it this morning, told myself I would stop watching it after 10minutes if the quality sucked, but it was pretty good.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Quote Originally Posted by Monquito View Post
    I'm stating to seriously wonder if these leaks are somehow promotional to the series, since it came out late and people are anxious one chapter after another, aaand, does HBO loses any money at all?? that billion green babies still seems to float safely into their bank account.
    It is very much promotional, and in my opinion they might even been doing this on purpose. Same for the leaks in the past seasons.
    Every nation gets the government it deserves.---- Joseph de Maistre

Spoiler spoiler

Spoiler:
    logical shooting the one dragon that flies through the air and not the one that is before you on the ground

btw we're being reminded two times Jon is not tall and even pretty much little by Gendry and by Daenerys this time, but common, most characters in the show aren't really taller than him.
    Also lol at Gendry joking about Jon's height about his father even though Sean Benn is only 6centimeters taller.......

Quote Originally Posted by Bellamy_ View Post
    Spoiler spoiler

Spoiler:
    logical shooting the one dragon that flies through the air and not the one that is before you on the ground
    Spoiler:
    Might as well wonder why the dragons didn't just burn the Night King and the other riders... and also why Jon and Co. haven't broke more of the ice surrounding them during the night to make sure the WhiteWalkers wouldn't reach them.......

and---- let's not forget how Jon got himself cornered and saved at the last minute by a lady for the second time
    Last edited by Nilitch; August 16th, 2017 at 05:14 PM.

Spoiler:

The Mad Moiselle BellisarioFaith's Avatar

Well, shit. That happened.

Don't read these spoilers if you haven't seen episode 6 yet:
    Spoiler:
    First of all, this whole thing with Sansa and Arya is...unfortunate. I'm not finding Arya to be very sympathetic in this feud...ironic, since I normally like Arya much better than Sansa. I disagreed with some of Sansa's actions in this episode, too, but I can't help but feel sympathy for her here--surrounded by fair-weather lords, Littlefinger the schemer, and two highly creepy and messed up little siblings.

It hurt to see Daenerys and Tyrion arguing like that. I hope they can patch things up soon. And also, lulz at how the first half of the episode was just a "character chat" segment, with everybody talking to everybody else. Not that I disliked it, though; there were some good interactions.

RIP Thoros, Viserion, and Benjen. Tbh, Thoros was cool, but it was almost guaranteed that one of the seven named characters on the trip was gonna die, and I'm relatively much more okay with him being the dead guy than I might have with some of the others. His death gives Beric's life more weight since now he can't simply get revived if he dies. I was a bit worried at the beginning that Tormund might bite it too, talking about how he's got a lady he wants to go back to, but I liked how they teased him dying but it didn't actually happen. I was like "Dammit, Sandor!" when his stunt with throwing the rocks got the wights to attack, but at least he saved Tormund to somewhat make up for it. I also had to chuckle at how the show added a couple of random nameless guys to the seven-person team we saw last episode, just so that they would have some actual fodder to kill.

For Viserion...freakin' ouch. Now we have an ice dragon, I guess? Poor guy. And with his death, also RIP much of the fandom's dreams of Tyrion and Jon each getting a dragon to ride. The Night's King just keeps looking more and more unbeatable. I found myself more agreeing with Jon at the end--they shouldn't have gone. Getting that wight was so not worth the cost, and it wasn't the most solid plan to begin with. But, I guess it would have been a lot more frustrating if all that happened and they didn't get the wight in the end. And, as Dany pointed out herself, at least now she fully understands how fuckin' huge of a problem the army of the dead is.

For Benjen: guess that's the second time he served as a deus ex machina to save a family member. Since we didn't see Rhaegal when Dany and Drogon and co started flying away, I was half-expecting Rhaegal to be the one to somehow rescue Jon, and Jon would get to ride him, but...Benjen was cool, I guess? Shame he just literally shows up to save Jon and die. He was already kind of undead anyway, but will that affect anything, or will he still just become a normal wight?

Also, was anybody else weirded out by Jon calling Daenerys "Dany" at the end there? He's never heard anybody call her that before, so he seemingly just came up with that on a whim, but he's usually too polite and formal to address her in such a way. I dunno, it just felt really strange to me.

And any remaining subtlety that there might have been about Jon/Dany just went flying straight out the window. I'm still not completely sold on this pairing. I know that, unlike other incest on the show, Dany and Jon have no idea that they're related, so it's not like they're choosing incest on purpose, but I still feel kinda weird about it. At the same time, they're two of my fave characters, and I'm pretty sure I'd be shipping them hard if we didn't know they were related, so that complicates it a little more. Also complicating it is the fact that, since this season has had such a fast pace, their thing with each other also feels a bit rushed.

But none of this is to say that I didn't like the episode, because I certainly did. After last week's cooldown, this was pretty epic. And next episode is the finale already. Shortened season does indeed feel very short.
    Hidden:

Spoiler episode 6:

Spoiler:

- I liked the different interaction of the outisde fine enough. Most of it was entertaining(espcially Tormund and the hound) and I can't think of one that made me cringe.

-Fuck Arya. You would think Sansa mentioning her not running to save her father would make her open to real discussion but nope. Not to say Sansansa handled it the best but you can understand why she would close off when Arya is implying she was having a great time and at least she was trying to communicate at the start.

-I really like Tyrion's discussion with Danny. I like that both made their points clear and they were actually exchanging ideas and point of view without immediately shutting down the other.It's been some time I saw a discussion that did not seem needlessly pompous or all about innuendos. I totally forgot about Danny not being able to have children.

-So killing the walkers means killing the onens he turn. Definitely all races of monsters have the same stupid weakness. At least they got to capture their zombie without much loss and discovered a major weakness. Gendry wasn't much useful to the trip but at least he saw the dead and that's good for credibility sake. Plus the boy can run like no others.

-It is a bad idea for Sansa to trust Littlefinger. Sadly with how her family acts she doesn't have much people that can help. I like that despite all Littlefinger hints her whole rant is about how she is having trouble to keep them in check until Jon get back. She is truly trying to keep true to Jon despite the plays of Littlefinger. Let's hope she doesn't do something completely stupid. Anyway Littlefinger is determined to climb that freaking ladder.

- Jon continue being oblivious by not sending a raven to inform of his progress.

-Why is Sansa invited to king's landing? Isn't Jon already going there to represent the North? I assumed he was. Anyway it is understandable why she wouldn't go there since it tends to be a trap. I'm really not sure on sending Brienne tho. She's loyal to her personally(and her sister but they aren't in open war) and could be a good help in a pinch. Plus she knows little about politics. She should send one of the lords. A willing one if possible. sell it as a sign of trust and give him 5 men to protect him. Or another option. I really don't think sending Brienne away made much sense for now.

-Tyrion keeps losing his grip little by little on Danny. Which is not surprising considering his plans keep failing and his advices having bar much fruits. I like her dress for Dragon riding. I seem to remember Drogon being much bigger than the other 2 due to going free but it seems they have catch up. Also they seem less distinct then before but that might be me.

-Those Dragon looks Freaking impressive and that deserve it's personal mention.

- So the walkers can kill dragons in 1 good spear thrust. Why the hell didn't the dragons try to burn them.
    I mean that's the first thing I thought they would do when they showed up. I also wonder if that spear was so effective because the dragon was in the air so he was pumping blood out faster. One thing for sure it made Danny having to escape much more compelling.-Not gonna lie the bit with The hound sending those rocks might have been stupid but I sure as hell laugh. The moment when the zombie realize he can walk there is priceless. But why the hell are the walkers just watching. Can't they just spear people like they spear dragons later. Anyway the fight was entertaining.

-The Dragons are awesome at what they do. Them melting that ice and burning those freaking zombies was awesome. Espcially when they are leaving and you the traces in the ice.

-With the 1 dragon short and a postponing the war I'm kind of interested in Cersei once again. She should have been dealt with a long time ago but now she once again has a shot at winning it all. The players left on the board aren't that great at playing and the night king is the kind of chaos you need when you need to shuffle the cars. As said by Littlefinger Chaos is a (possible) ladder. The question is can Cersei make the climb.

- I'm glad we did not get a fake cliffhanger with Jon "dying". That horse is really quite something to take that cold.

- Another Fuck you to Arya. Now she is just straight up threatening her sister. I hope John will be able to put some order in all that. But that's if Jon is going back to the North. I'm still iffy on his destination at this point.

- Danny and Jon are gonna bang. I hope they don't. Also calling her Danny is weird. Another thing the show put on Jon that I don't believe he would do.

-Thanks to the show being more classic Tormund survived.

-We have Blue eyes Dragon I wonder if they breath fire or a blizzard. I bet on regular fire sadly.

Stay foxy out there! Kitsune Inferno's Avatar

aaand, does HBO loses any money at all??
    Nope.

Episode 4 leaked, and it scored a 4.6 in the demo and a series high (10.1 million iirc) in total viewers.

Episode 5 set records in both demos and viewership. (5.0 / 10.7 m)

HBO is still getting filthy rich off this show no matter how many hundreds of millions are watching in advance.

Karaage-san, Aishiteru! AfroSamurai's Avatar

Martin just sees it as a very big Europe...

Can we start discussing what prequels and spin-offs we would like to see ?

maybe spoiler episode 6-- but not really
    Spoiler:
    I'm rooting for the adventures of Tormund and Clegane now.
    Tormund: Gotta head south and beyond Westerns, plenty of things to see.
    And I guess Clegane would find a reason to go with him too... like maybe uh, wine ?

I guess Arya coud come too. I know it's complete fan service, and this kind of road trip might be cliché, but there is a chemistry between these characters right ? Not sure about Arya and Tormund...

spoilerspoilerspoiler
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:
    I love how a giant crossbow can't kill a dragon, but one Ice Zombie is like. "I GOT IT! HUH!" and one shots him.

Quote Originally Posted by KzTxL7 View Post
    I wasn't distracted by Lucy being half naked.

You won this week Fairy Tail.

Spoiler:
    There was obvious magic involved in the dragon murder though.

What I'm more amazed about is the strength in the Night King's arm. I call BS if anyone can fight him with a sword.

Episode 6 spoiler

Spoiler:
    Aight, the Night King riding a dragon battling Dany riding a dragon. There goes the budget for Ghost for all eternity.

The weapons they they use are capable of shattering a regular sword to pieces. I imagine it would pierce a dragon's skin easier than a regular spear.

I know some don't like Jon and Dany being together, but I do, because he humanizes her. More often than not she's trying to be queenly: stern, decisive, but around him, she's staring to feel comfortable. She respects him and he respects her enough now to bend the knee. If any, Jon might be the only one able to stop her from burning everyone.

Odd thing to say but I prefer the face of the previous Night King actor.

Gendry is the only dude allowed to cover his head with a hood. Bastards!

No clue as to where Arya and Sansa plot is going. Littlefinger can't win, no way. Even if he does, with Jon and Dany both on the same side now, he won't last long.
    Last edited by baby-boo; August 17th, 2017 at 10:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by AfroSamurai View Post
    Martin just sees it as a very big Europe...
    culturally and socially, but in size GRRM said it was roughly the same size as South America, but, it appears the showrunners are completely ignorant of this fact and have people traveling from here to there like it was some small town in Nevada.

Spoiler:
    When we think about it. Can Arya just kill Littlefinger ? I mean, Robin Arryn has an army.... Well, I guess she could kill him and take his face.

Chief Warden of Yo Mama Jabberwok's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nilitch View Post
    Can we start discussing what prequels and spin-offs we would like to see ?

maybe spoiler episode 6-- but not really
    Spoiler:
    I'm rooting for the adventures of Tormund and Clegane now.
    Tormund: Gotta head south and beyond Westerns, plenty of things to see.
    And I guess Clegane would find a reason to go with him too... like maybe uh, wine ?

I guess Arya coud come too. I know it's complete fan service, and this kind of road trip might be cliché, but there is a chemistry between these characters right ? Not sure about Arya and Tormund...
    A two book series titled Fire and Blood (dubbed The GRRMarillion) should be coming out in the next year or two with a detailed history of the Targaryen rule of Western, from Aegon's conquest through the Dance of the Dragons and Blackfyre Rebellions all the way to Robert's Rebellion. Any of those four would make for a good prequel/spin-off series, as well as a bunch of other side stories alluded to in his histories.

If you get dunked on in the dream, you get dunked on in real life

Discovered Stowaway MajinArekkusu's Avatar

Ep 6 delivered, nuff said.^^
    To support Viz and SHUEISHAs MANGA Plus service hosting all Jump manga for FREE, WORLDWIDE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version.

Spoiler:
    It was a bad idea for place the scene with Danny taking off where they did. That scene should've been cut with the voice over and spare shots included as Danny is escaping from the battle. It would've improved the pacing, kept the tone consistent and highlighted Tyrion's argument better.
    She/Her
    Want to be a girl? Click here!
    What's gender dysphoria, you ask? Click here to find out!

Discovered Stowaway MajinArekkusu's Avatar

Spoiler:
    The real question though is, did the Nk know the dragons would come somehow and waited without doing anything, or did he only have a limited ice spear supply, so he saved them up. Cause he could have easily just chugged them at the 7 Westerosi Samurai anytime during the twitter message to Dany and her quick ride to them.
    To support Viz and SHUEISHAs MANGA Plus service hosting all Jump manga for FREE, WORLDWIDE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version.

Spoiler:
    once again the whitewalkers inhuman strength is shown, and it is badass. no man can fling a spear that high and with enough force to penetrate dragon skin. even the scorpio barely injured drogon.
    it's a shame that rhaegal had to die but it needed to be done i guess, to show how dangerous is the nightking. he alone did what the lannisters failed to do with just his bare hands, and whats even more crazy is that he wanted to kill the other dragons too! one dragon is not enough for him.
    im interested about the revived rhaegal now, will he spit fire? because we know that fire is the enemy of the whitewalkers and i don't think a creature revived by them will be able to manipulate it.
    also, i really want to see the nightking when he invades eastwatch while riding on rhaegal.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information