+ Reply to Thread
Page 202 of 245 FirstFirst ... 102 152 192 200 201 202 203 204 212 ... LastLast
Results 4,021 to 4,040 of 4881

Thread: Game of Thrones (tv show thread)

The Mad Moiselle BellisarioFaith's Avatar

Default Re: Game of Thrones (tv show thread)

Been a while since I've actually responded to one of these eps, lol. Normally I watch them twice before commenting, but haven't gotten to do that with most of this season. Ah well.

But, yeah, the teleporting in this episode was especially prominent, lulz. Personally, though, I don't really care that much. They've only got limited numbers of episodes left, and need to go at a fast pace, so I'm fine with lots of time passing in each one. Better than it taking a whole season for anyone to get anywhere. And it's given us a ton of great reunions/meetings, so I'm cool with it.

Yeah, that group at the end going beyond the Wall was hella dope. A group of people you never realized you'd wanna see together, until it happens and you're just like "Shit, dude."

That revelation about Cersei and Jaime? *Salt intensifies*

Quote Originally Posted by Neaeran View Post
    That's the real Suicide Squad right there.

And what exactly was it that Gilly was reading about? Didn't quite catch that.
    Haha, I was just gonna say that I thought it was funny that Gilly makes a ginormous discovery in a moment that's completely glossed over by Sam, so quick it's easy to miss. It was that:
    Spoiler:
    Rhaegar apparently had his marriage to Elia annulled, and was secretly married to "someone else" (who else but Lyanna?). And so, if Rhaegar and Lyanna were actually married when they had Jon, that would mean that Jon is not Rhaegar's bastard, but a trueborn son, meaning that he is indeed the true heir of the Targaryens ahead of Daenerys.

So yeah, that's pretty big. Haha.
    EDIT: Also, I see Joe Dempsie's name in the opening credits and be like "Fuck yeah! No more rowing!" Davos's comment lampshading it seriously cracked me up.
    Last edited by BellisarioFaith; August 13th, 2017 at 09:54 PM. Reason: HE CAME BACK, yo!
    Hidden:

That thing about Cercei being pregnant again, ugghh, with how quick time passes by, I find possible she'd survive the required 9 months, I always been discussing with myself if Tyrion would ultimately die, get Casterly Rock(as he wished), or remain hand of the queen/king?, since the third option seems to fit him very well, Casterly Rock was available for Jaime(who until now, was the only realistic option I had), but he denied that position to his own father, I don't see why he would change his mind now, the other option was of course, give Casterly Rock to another House or Character(Bronn), however with another brand new Lannister in the way, things have changed dramatically for me.

that dream-team tho.

Davos meeting up with Gendry was probably the biggest meta-moment in the entirety of the show.

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

Stay foxy out there! Kitsune Inferno's Avatar

I demand a supercut of Game of Thrones that is just Davos.

They put em in Smash Bros! Conekiller's Avatar

I completely lost my shit when Jon "How to Train Your Dragon"'d Drogon.
    Last edited by Conekiller; August 14th, 2017 at 07:52 AM.
    [
    Please visit my Deviant art gallery.
    There will be Punch and Pie!

This whole expedition beyond the wall is so idiotic on so many level.

What part of their plan made sense in their minds? Jon going beyond the wall with just six people, no horses and no carriages, just to capture a zombie and then run for their fucking lives from a hoard of hundreds zombies chasing after them and what? hope for the best?

And all that just to convince Cersei to agree to an armistice. Yeah, this plot development makes total sense and feels completely organic and natural. They don't need the incestuous bitch, she's done for and she knows it as well. All they need to end the war is fly to the Redkeep and burn her to crisp. She deserves as much. But no, lets risk some lives pointlessly, and Jon's as well. He doesn't want to bend the knee but he's willing to go north for a mission in which he probably faces a certain death.

so Jaimie 2.0 oath breaker will also kill his child, interesting. That's some shitty karma we have here
    Every nation gets the government it deserves.---- Joseph de Maistre

Quote Originally Posted by Strawhat Chan View Post

What part of their plan made sense in their minds? Jon going beyond the wall with just six people, no horses and no carriages, just to capture a zombie and then run for their fucking lives from a hoard of hundreds zombies chasing after them and what? hope for the best?

And all that just to convince Cersei to agree to an armistice. Yeah, this plot development makes total sense and feels completely organic and natural. They don't need the incestuous bitch, she's done for and she knows it as well. All they need to end the war is fly to the Redkeep and burn her to crisp. She deserves as much. But no, lets risk some lives pointlessly, and Jon's as well. He doesn't want to bend the knee but he's willing to go north for a mission in which he probably faces a certain death.
    He's not just trying to convince Cersei. He's trying to convince Dany too. Actually, he's trying to convince everyone. Not much people believe the dead are actually marching

Daenerys: dracarys.
    Drogon: I'm sorry, what did you just say ? Couldn't hear you.
    Danerys: I've said DRACARYS !!
    Drogon: oh okay fine.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Quote Originally Posted by cloudrivera View Post
    He's not just trying to convince Cersei. He's trying to convince Dany too. Actually, he's trying to convince everyone. Not much people believe the dead are actually marching
    But what's the point ? It's not like Jon wasn't fighting them in the first place. Cersei should start giving a crap once the North will be dead.
    Every nation gets the government it deserves.---- Joseph de Maistre

1. They'd agreed they wouldn't burn any castles or villages.
    2. The longer Cersei and Daenerys fight, the more men die, men that could otherwise have been used to defend the wall. It'd be in everyone's best interest to suspend hostilities. Pick it up after.

Quote Originally Posted by Nilitch View Post
    so Jaimie 2.0 oath breaker will also kill his child, interesting. That's some shitty karma we have here
    It probably wasn't his anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by baby-boo View Post
    1. They'd agreed they wouldn't burn any castles or villages.
    2. The longer Cersei and Daenerys fight, the more men die, men that could otherwise have been used to defend the wall. It'd be in everyone's best interest to suspend hostilities. Pick it up after.
    Yeah, but the series is basically a super-long slasher movie. Watching as death inches closer and closer to the unsuspecting/willfully ignorant human race keeps us on the edge of our seats.

As soon as they start working together to fight off the Walkers, it stops being a horror movie and starts being Scooby Doo.
    Last edited by RoboBlue; August 14th, 2017 at 06:53 AM.

Discovered Stowaway MajinArekkusu's Avatar

Don't get me wrong, I liked the episode, but after watching it, it really gave me this feeling that we are watching a cliffnotes version of a larger story. The double Ds are just desperately trying to finish it so quick they don't let many scenes breath for longer instead we are jumping back and forth like the mario brothers. And boy oh boy I really hope Arya is smarter than to immediately fall for Littlefingers plan, just so that the authors can give us some contrived sister drama now.

I think it would have been better if they did a full 10 episodes season 7 and maybe even the 8th one with more than 6, to flesh it out better. Then maybe they would find better ways of saving characters through convenient plot like Jamie with his heavy armor being carried into safety easily etc.

It is just very obvious that the showrunners are tired of GoT and want to move on to their new project, cause it sure ain't a money problem. GoT is the biggest thing on tv and hbo would be very happy to have more of it, hence why they are so eager to do spin offs.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Idiotic plan just to move the plot along cause the double Ds are rushing? Yep sure sounds like it. If we ever get new books, which I doubt at this point, I am sure Martin will write something better than just lets go out as you said with nothing basically against an army of thousands and hope for the best I guess. xD
    To support Viz and SHUEISHAs MANGA Plus service hosting all Jump manga for FREE, WORLDWIDE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version.

The teleporting in this episode was hilarious. I really need an indication on how much time has lapsed from the Casterly Rock battle to the Suicide Squad going through the wall.

They turned the teleportation up to 11 in this episode.

Still was a fucking great one though.

I love how Beric Dondarrion is that one guy who always wants to spout how "important" everything this, and the Hound just goes. "Fuck off, let's go get ice zombies."

Quote Originally Posted by KzTxL7 View Post
    I wasn't distracted by Lucy being half naked.

You won this week Fairy Tail.

Who wants to bet Jon dies again and Beric transfers his "powers" to him? Lady Stoneheart will not appear anyway.
    Only the transfer of the powers should look different...

They make it pretty obvious Arya gonna take out Littlefinger

And yeah, i completely agree with the posts above. Last few seasons, they wasted so much time on useless stuff, now the plot rushes so much. Davos literally went from Dragonstone to King´s Landing, back to Dragonstone and to the wall in one episode.

My 2 cents on the "rushing" of this season.

I'm ok with it. We had 6 seasons if build up with these characters, slow burns in which we get to know them. Now we just need to get shit done.

Frankly, I blame it in on Martin for how long it has taken to write the next novel. Yes. you cannot rush art. I get that, but he had 6 seasons worth of time to get that shit done. You can't blame D and D for taking the main story beats and bringing it to the finish line.

Quote Originally Posted by KzTxL7 View Post
    I wasn't distracted by Lucy being half naked.

You won this week Fairy Tail.

Rhaegar got an annulment, yay. Robert would definitely want an illegitimate son of Rhaegar to die, but a legitimate, oh my, he'd kill the infant himself.

Bran did some serious multitasking here, continuously switching between all the ravens to keep all of them under his control. Obviously I've seen the trailer so I know the danger that's hoping, but also looking at the Night King noticing the ravens, he must know he's being watched. He's prepared.

Littlefinger has seen Arya's prowess. Now he wants to drive a wedge between the sisters, he has no choice but to do so having seen all three Starks so close the previous season. If Jon returns and resumes control, Littlefinger is screwed.

Quote Originally Posted by RoboBlue View Post
    Yeah, but the series is basically a super-long slasher movie. Watching as death inches closer and closer to the unsuspecting/willfully ignorant human race keeps us on the edge of our seats.

As soon as they start working together to fight off the Walkers, it stops being a horror movie and starts being Scooby Doo.
    Sure, but, should Jon succeed (and he will, common now), I wouldn't put it past Cercei to screw them all nonetheless.

Quote Originally Posted by MiyamotoMusashi View Post
    Who wants to bet Jon dies again and Beric transfers his "powers" to him? Lady Stoneheart will not appear anyway.
    Only the transfer of the powers should look different...
    Oh, definitely. The Lord of Light brought him back so many times thus far for a reason, and that reason is not to be a common foot soldier or to bring to life Tormund or The Hound, but ensure Jon Snow's survival.

Quote Originally Posted by MiyamotoMusashi View Post
    And yeah, i completely agree with the posts above. Last few seasons, they wasted so much time on useless stuff, now the plot rushes so much. Davos literally went from Dragonstone to King´s Landing, back to Dragonstone and to the wall in one episode.
    I know it's jarring but, as long as we avoid stuffing episodes with pointless scenes in brothels I'm fine with it. King's Landing it three days away, anyway. Slightly longer, I'd assume, if they rowed along the coastline on that tiny boat.

Sam is on his way to Winterfell surely. And he probably left around the same time as Jon did, and Jon took a ship. Will take Sam about a month. Should be there next episode or the next, surely.

Damn just send Ghost to the wall to hunt some dead people...

By the way it would be realy idiotic if Arya would fall for Baelishs plan, she knew all of Sansa and the moment when she lied. Because she learnd this shit for years from the faceless man, she should even see through Baelish...

Discovered Stowaway MajinArekkusu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bellamy_ View Post

By the way it would be realy idiotic if Arya would fall for Baelishs plan, she knew all of Sansa and the moment when she lied. Because she learnd this shit for years from the faceless man, she should even see through Baelish...
    Exactly. And even if she actually believes it, then simply asking Sansa why she wrote the letter would immediately clear things up, cause Sansa would tell her she was forced to write it.
    To support Viz and SHUEISHAs MANGA Plus service hosting all Jump manga for FREE, WORLDWIDE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version.

this dany and jon relationship is gonna get alot more awkward when she realizes that she's his aunt.
    also, sam tarly you moron. had you listened to your gf you would've known the identity of jon's real parents. so rhaegor actually married lyanna? jon is not really a bastard then.
    oh yeah a bit late on this but i wouldn't be surprised to hear thar the iron bank was behind the sons of the harpy too, since they have mutual interests.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information