+ Reply to Thread
Page 196 of 245 FirstFirst ... 96 146 186 194 195 196 197 198 206 ... LastLast
Results 3,901 to 3,920 of 4881

Thread: Game of Thrones (tv show thread)

Default Re: Game of Thrones (tv show thread)

Quote Originally Posted by Huschel View Post
    Bran was...weird in that scene.
    That's one the most accurate description you could ever do of that scene.

Stay foxy out there! Kitsune Inferno's Avatar

Did Bran's actor forget what acting is?

Quote Originally Posted by Kitsune Inferno View Post
    I thin he is suppose to be emotionless and that's why he mention the rape without any regard for Sansa. He's basically doctor Manatthan. Hardly any trace of his humanity left.

I think Bran's acting coach forgot to tell him that being emotionless =/= not acting.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitsune Inferno View Post
    Implying he ever knew what it was

Bran just got back from Time-And-Space Vietnam and he's not adjusted to being disconnected from www.weirwood.net/archives/.

Quote Originally Posted by desa View Post
    The meeting between Danny and Jon went in a way I didn't expected. I was fairly surprise by Jon not bending. His cluelessness to how people work is worse than what I expected but still in character. The guy has always been unable to understand how real people work. Danny being the grown-up of the two was fairly surprising. With the way Jon was going there was plenty of times where Danny could have taken offense and cut off discussion but she didn't. Even Mellisandre made the smart move by not being there.
    but not bending was the wisest thing he did.
    if had bend the knee, then that means swearing loyalty and complete obedience to her. which of course means that she will prioritize her war with ceresi and use his forces for that war.
    which is something that the northerners will never agree upon because a) she's an outsider invader to them, b) they're already fighting a war of their own with the nightwalkers and c) the last targaryen they knew about (the mad king) was their enemy!
    jon made the most logical choice, why fight for someone you barely know in a war that can be postponed while you have a much more dangerous war coming to you.

Man, they're really fking up big...
    I like that lots of things are happening, but everything it's too fast and too forced and basically badly scripted...all the epicity of GOT is completely gone.
    -The Jon-Dany meeting was ok, it was predictable that it would have been a tie. The blonde bitch it's getting on my nerves with her attitude...
    -The Euron scene in the city was pathetic. Who told the people about that? Why would they care about 2 unknown girls? Are they listening to the all-so-hated Cersei? But especially, aren't they dying of hunger in KL? That didn't make any sense...and Euron, a drunken rockstar. Pfff
    -Same with Sansa. All of a sudden this girl now it's an expert in ruling a country, making armors, etc. Sure. And I didn't recall Bran being dead inside. That was weird.
    -I liked the Jorah-Sam moment, even though the explanation "I followed the instructions to cure this terrible, incurable, dangerous disease" it's a little streched...
    -About Casterly Rock and Highgarden I'd rather not talk about...that was just terrible.

What creepy stuff will Bronn tell Jon when he'll meet him ?

"- I saw you breaking your vows in that cave. You were so beautiful."
    "I saw your men stab you in the heart, your hair was beautiful."

And Arya?
    "I saw what you did to the Frey, you were so beautiful"

Bran, to Theon:

"I saw you burn your son alive, watch Sansa get raped (which she was beautiful for), sell her out to Ramsay, and leave your sister at the hands of Crazy Pirate Man."

"Was...was I beautiful during all that?"

"6/10."

Quote Originally Posted by Nilitch View Post
    But the Unsullied were already on their way when Euron attacked Yara and the Sand Snakes's fleet.

And I agree that the battle was lame. Tyrion had to give a speech during the attack for some reason and pretty much everything was skipped.
    Aslo, it seems Daenerys is trying to make the dumbest moves to give a chance to Cersei. Why was Olenna Tyrell alone in her castle ? Why didn't she use at least one dragon yet ? There are probably strategic ways to use a dragon, it's not like there was nothing to do against bows. She could make an armor for her dragons, do a sneak attack like making one hide under water and destroy the shit out of Euron when he shows up.

It seems Euron is the new mofo of the show. After Geofrey and Ramsey. Or maybe Cersei is, I don't know.
    Hope he dies soon. Like public execution, dragon style.

lol at the illuminati-GoldmanSachs guy btw.
    A siege can take a long time. And although it seems like the unsullied took Casterly Rock in like an afternoon, they did sort of gloss over the specifics of the battle.

So I'm willing to buy that the Unsullied besieged Casterly Rock for a few days, or even weeks. Either that, or Euron had left a part of his armada to pursue the unsullied to begin with. It doesn't necessarily have to be him leading them. I am fully aware that my apologism can fall apart the next episode. Like Greyworm saying "damn it, we took this place in three hours and then a goddamn fleet attacked us". And then they zoom in on Euron commandeering the fleet. I'll eat my humble pie if that is the case.

Euron, I don't think has nearly the hateable aspects Joffrey or Ramsay had though. I mean he's an asshole, but he's been antagonizing mostly shitty people and isn't reveling in torturing innocents or acting like a complete sociopath.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

You know Euron is gonna die from a horrible death because he is the new fan favorite. I mean he was obviously gonna die anyway, there is no way Jon or Danerys take him as an ally, but just saying he's gonna die bad.

Quote Originally Posted by nilitch View Post
    you know euron is gonna die from a horrible death because he is the new fan favorite. I mean he was obviously gonna die anyway, there is no way jon or danerys take him as an ally, but just saying he's gonna die bad.
    What is dead may never die

but rises again
    harder and stronger.

21st Century Schizoid Man Johnny B. Decent's Avatar

After watching the last episode, it really shows how crappy Weiss and Benioff are at writing their own storylines.

It took nearly four seasons for the Stark-Lannister war to end, but now in this 'verse, said Lannisters, lacking in men and supplies, can now take over The Reach, the second-biggest kingdom, in one damn episode.

Quote Originally Posted by S.C. Amigo View Post
    After watching the last episode, it really shows how crappy Weiss and Benioff are at writing their own storylines.

It took nearly four seasons for the Stark-Lannister war to end, but now in this 'verse, said Lannisters, lacking in men and supplies, can now take over The Reach, the second-biggest kingdom, in one damn episode.
    only its biggest house(the Tyrells, or what was left of it), it seems The reach got military divided by Randyll.

They didn't want to show a siege between Jaime and Bronn vs a bunch of nameless soldiers and the Queen of Thorns, considering that they erased the tyrel brothers and how that worked the last time that they tried to rush opponents for Jaime, and the reduced running time of the season, I think that offscreening the siege was the right call. Maybe start it a chapter earlier or so.
    3DS FC: 0516-7666-3837
    SW-4128-8032-0729

On one hand, Randyll Tarly is the best general in Westeros and could probably whip what's left of the Tyrell's army.

On the other hand, there really should've been a better effort to show that High Garden did actually have an army guarding it.

There aren't any core narrative benefits to showing the Lannister/Tyrell war.

Oh yeah so that guy is Sam's dad. I didn't know his introduction last season was gonna be relevant anyhow.
    Every nation gets the government it deserves.---- Joseph de Maistre

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiolino View Post
    There aren't any core narrative benefits to showing the Lannister/Tyrell war.
    Yeah but why bother with it and make it look like the lannisters are outmatched and then to just make it back easily and in 2 episodes like that?

Just let Olenna die with the other tyrells in the sept...

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information