+ Reply to Thread
Page 127 of 245 FirstFirst ... 27 77 117 125 126 127 128 129 137 177 227 ... LastLast
Results 2,521 to 2,540 of 4881

Thread: Game of Thrones (tv show thread)

Default Re: Game of Thrones (tv show thread)

Spoiler:
    It seems that the title for the last episode has been revealed as "Mother's Mercy". Not a book reader so doesn't ring a bell. Guessing that it might for book readers since there must be a reason why they have revealed it only now
    “When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression."

Well, I think the season so far has been a bit naff, but wow, shit just got real. Great episode. I'm scared of winter now.

Without deviation from the norm, progress is not possible. - Frank Zappa

Winter is coming.
    yeah im here

Wasn't Jon's sword made of valyrian steel? If so, then i suppose all the weapons made from valyrian steel are also capable of killing the white walkers.

Stay foxy out there! Kitsune Inferno's Avatar

I've been down on this season for a while, but holy crap, as a book reader, this was the best episode of the series for me, hands down. For once, I was in complete and total suspense, and save for maybe one scene, the entire episode was original to the show, so I had no clue what was going to happen.

Spoiler:
    Badass Wildling Girl was so much fun too. Part of what made this episode so tense was that she was so cool, I didn't want to see her die, even though the scene with her daughters nailed her coffin shut. Just, wow. The entire Hardhome sequence, I was screaming "Benjen! Benjen!" too, so I'm disappointed that didn't come to pass, but wow. Just wow. Absolutely stunning.

Spoiler:
    I wanted the spiders to finaly show up, Zombie horses are so last season.
    3DS FC: 0516-7666-3837
    SW-4128-8032-0729

Spoiler:
    By far the best episode of the season. This was intensely enjoyable and it kept surprising you. When the draugr invaded I thought the episode would end, but I got 10 minutes of some of the best carnage I've seen in a long time. I was a little sorely vexed by the hot female chieftain dying, but Thormund and the giant along with John made it out of there and to see John's sword shattering a white walker was so freaking epic.

As for the rest of the episode, Sansa finally getting outburst for her anguish was satisfying, to see Ramsay thinking he can take down Stannis made me squeal with happiness. The one true king will certainly see Ramsay's head on a spike. But the conversations between Tyrion and Daenerys has been something I've been craving since the first season. Absolutely brilliant. I am foreseeing plenty of fanfiction dedicated to the couple being written in the tons for the rest of the year. Nonetheless, to think we still have two more episodes makes me feel like a child on christmas.

Alice Allen is just so good.

Spoiler:
    The show is handling the actual main plot soooo much better than the books it's not even funny.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyan D. Funk View Post
    Spoiler:
    The show is handling the actual main plot soooo much better than the books it's not even funny.
    Hidden:
    Don't say that to the book fans or they will go White Walker on you.

Banned Rank: Failed Mutineer

Well the show has the benefit of hindsight and actual limitations on how long it can be. There's no way it could go on for 26 years.

Spoiler:
    Right before Jon retrieved his sword I asked my dad (who had read the books) if Valyrian steel was shattered by the Walkers, he did not know. My theory is that maybe Valyrian steel is made with bits of obsidian inside of it or something.
    Quote Originally Posted by Norisuke Higashikata IV
    "Your stand is like your asshole. You can't go around showing it off to other people."

Spoiler:
    What do you mean by the main plot?
    Because I'm pretty sure just having a big battle with the White Walkers doesn't mean they handled the rest of the Wall stuff better.

So, one good big action scene clears away all shitty decisions?

At least we aren't in true "beyond the books" territory.
    SW-4128-8032-0729

Banned Rank: Failed Mutineer

Dorne still exist even though we were spared it this week.

Olly is so getting a wildling tsundere girlfriend. Or maybe he will be the tsundere

Lord of brocken bones made my day. And Jon is amazing as always !
    I hope no one got hurt in the making of this episode. The chaos felt so real.
    Last edited by RamistaR; June 1st, 2015 at 01:26 PM.

It's easy to have something superficially exciting happen at the expense of logic. Like how conveniently the White Walkers showed up with Jon's party. Or why arrows are working on zombies. Or why one random White Walker is bothering after stragglers. And the number of times, the Walker could have just cut Jon down instead of pulling him up or hitting him with his sword hilt. Also where did that Valaryian sword conveniently pop up from? Also the directing of that battle was just shitty, fucking shakey cam made it impossible to tell what was going on.

Awfully convenient that the White Walkers attacked the Fist of the First Men where the Night's Watch just so happened to be staying. Awfully convenient that wights are apparently fucking everywhere and apparently not 200 feet from the Wall. The White Walkers are magical ice demons, really not outside the realm of reason to suggest that they can hone in on prey/future cannon fodder.

The arrows didn't seem to be doing much in the long run, just knocking wights down (and then getting back up.)

Oh, and the White Walkers have been very blatantly toying with everyone they run into (see also: that Royce guy from the first chapter, the Thenn that bought Jon some time.) Up until Jon used Longclaw, they haven't faced anything that can reliably kill them.

Quote Originally Posted by TLC View Post
    Also where did that Valaryian sword conveniently pop up from?
    You mean that Valyrian sword that Jon's been carrying around everywhere since season 1? The sword that Jon got as a gift? The sword that was blatantly featured in the PREVIOUSLY ON segment? The sword that Jon's seen dropping when the fight with the White Walker begins?

That sword?

Dude, instead of when they do this crap with an 1v1 (see the hound's trial, Tyrion's trial and the mighty morphing sand snakes battle) is a mess, in an all out brawl the shaky cam works, because an all out brawk IS a mess. Honestly I can't stand that shit, makes me dizzy, this time I was ok though.

And what about that sword, you mean the sword that he has been carying since season one? The one given to him by Lord Commander Mormont? The one that he has been keeping at his side for 5 books, and all the seasons? How convenient.

The culling of Hardhome also happened in the books (in throughly different circumstances and participants) but the jist of it is the same, they were attracted by the boats, hit hard and is a tragedy.

Also, when you are ussed to castle forged steel shatering in your skin, you are usualy more careless and can have the time to play with your food, or on the other hand he could have been examining him for any profetic sign or something, or he found Jon pretty and wanted to include ANOTHER rape scene in the series.

The bar hasn't been set high, but best chapter of the season.
    SW-4128-8032-0729

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Taggerung View Post
    Well the show has the benefit of hindsight and actual limitations on how long it can be. There's no way it could go on for 26 years.
    Quote Originally Posted by springsring View Post
    What do you mean by the main plot?
    Because I'm pretty sure just having a big battle with the White Walkers doesn't mean they handled the rest of the Wall stuff better.
    Quote Originally Posted by maxterdexter View Post
    So, one good big action scene clears away all shitty decisions?

At least we aren't in true "beyond the books" territory.
    Show does have hindsight of editing in its favor.

And a lot of people agree book 5 kinda sucked in that it was mostly just a reeeeally long prologue for book 6. It was very slow, and very little happened. It got all the pieces into place for the start of the next book, lots of travelling and training sequences... stuff that was originally going to just be done in a time skip, and for a good reason. Which... is where the show is now.

So we'll see.

Still waiting for Stoneheart though. Who should have appeared a year ago but may be cut entirely... and if so, thats at least one book thread that will be totally different on the show.
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.
    https://www.viz.com/shonenjump

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information