View Poll Results: What is your Continent?

Voters
331. You may not vote on this poll
  • N. America

128 38.67%
  • S. America

13 3.93%
  • Europe

127 38.37%
  • Asia

37 11.18%
  • Australia and the Oceania

16 4.83%
  • Africa

6 1.81%
  • Antarctica

4 1.21%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: The Official Arlong Park Location thread

Great sage,equal of heaven Darkstorm's Avatar

Default Re: What is your continent?

Quote Originally Posted by JERK DISEASE View Post
    I'm not talking about the EU though, I'm talking about the sort of attitude Local was flaunting like "I'm not part of the continent! I'm different!"
    Ah, I see. Don't underestimate how much the ideas of being European and the EU are intertwined though, I would bet for a large number of people this would be the thing that causes them to think like that(although there is also an island mentality thing, people like that tend to get called "little englanders" and this is more a xenophobic thing).

Though anyone thinking we're not European is kidding themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by SMUDGER View Post
    Maybe central western europe, but that's pretty much where it ends. (europe is too vast/diverse to be housed under one title)
    Yes.

What Rumsfeld mockingly called "old europe".

A real rain will come... JERK DISEASE's Avatar

Maybe central western europe, but that's pretty much where it ends. (europe is too vast/diverse to be housed under one title)
    Europe is a pretty neat orderly Continent compared to most of the rest.
    1. Ace (), 2. WB (), 3. BB (X), 4. Perona () 5. Boa () 6. Jimbei (???), 7. Sabo lives (), 8. Timeskip ()

Banned Rank: Failed Mutineer
    In a Berserk, Near-Death State, running around with an Equalizer

Its really simple
    Wikipedia has it best

Hidden:

hahaha bullshit is Azerbaijan in Europe.
    1. Ace (), 2. WB (), 3. BB (X), 4. Perona () 5. Boa () 6. Jimbei (???), 7. Sabo lives (), 8. Timeskip ()

My point being that Englands main ancestry comes from western europe for the last few hundred years. Not eastern.

Side note: using a shit map from wikipedia makes you look like an oaf. Have you ever thought about the eastern countries that have only joined europe recently?

Unfucking likely...

My point being that Englands main ancestry comes from western europe for the last few hundred years. Not eastern.
    Virtually every language in Europe is in the Indo-European family with only three major families within being widespread, you're religously practically all Christian with a few pockets of Islam that are a result of external imperialism and are thus not even indigenous, physically you are very homogenous, climate wise you exist in a similar world, living standards run a fairly similar ballpark in the grand scheme of things, and your history is one of constant interaction with eachother.

Europe is so neat a continent that it's honestly ridiculous that similar regions like the Indian sub-continent aren't given the same status.

hahaha bullshit is Azerbaijan in Europe.
    I thought Azerbaijan was both an European and Asiatic country? Aren't Azerbaijan and Russian the two countries that cross the Caspian Sea, thus being both European and Asiatic?

That's what I heard, I don't really have geography as my job like you, though, only slightly interested on it, so I may be wrong

Great sage,equal of heaven Darkstorm's Avatar

We're still European though.

Despite Murdoch's campaign to the contrary.

Cool Re: What is your continent?

Side note: using a shit map from wikipedia makes you look like an oaf. Have you ever thought about the eastern countries that have only joined europe recently?
    What countries are you talking about?

Europe > Germany > North Rhine Westphalia > in a small village close to Cologne

It should've been Armenia as the Euro-Asiatic nation, I believe. Hard to say with all the different ethnic groups and "tribes" around there. I'll leave this to Zephos. He knows the facts better than I do.
    In Loving Memory of Toraish, Rex Avium: http://apforums.net/showthread.php?t=40786 | 3DS Friend Code: 3196-4274-7836

Unfucking likely...
    Could we please keep this thread semi-civil? It was a fun thread to read and learn from until you started waving your flamethrower around

Quote Originally Posted by SGRaaize View Post
    I thought Azerbaijan was both an European and Asiatic country? Aren't Azerbaijan and Russian the two countries that cross the Caspian Sea, thus being both European and Asiatic?

That's what I heard, I don't really have geography as my job like you, though, only slightly interested on it, so I may be wrong
    The Ural and Caucasus mountains are generally considered the boundaries of Europe. Georgia and Armenia are occasionally thrown into the Europe category for having a bunch of cultural similarties (mainly Christianity) though this is more true of Georgia then Armenia.

Azerbaijan is a piece of Persia that Russia took away 200 or so years ago, the Azeris are Turkic peoples that follow Shia Islam. They're Asian as fuck.

sorry to interrupt the conversation for a bit, feel free to ignore this post if you wish. i just want to point out --

Quote Originally Posted by SergeantJ View Post
    South East Asia
    we dont speak english fluently..
    i respectfully but wholeheartedly disagree. i'm from Southeast Asia as well, and i am surrounded daily by people who have a decent command of English and can speak the language fluently with no trouble at all. with all due respect, please avoid making general statements about many different types of people who come from different backgrounds and environments. i am in no way judging those who have a poor command of English -- i might as well handcuff myself for not being able to draw a stick figure.
    Last edited by trappedolphin; October 6th, 2010 at 08:28 AM.
    Handsome man save me from the monsters.

My roomate is from Singapore and speaks an English more alike mine then my other roomate's southern american accent.

Quote Originally Posted by Fire-Fist View Post
    i thought u were grounded.
    hmm...yes but i get 'ungrounded' every now and then...like at cousins' house....

.................and....?
    Branding English as european isn't right as some of the latest countries border and have been influenced more by the middle east & russia.

Thus we are either western europeans or dubbed as old europe. Its like treating north and south america as one, when severals aspects of the two clearly show a difference.

If counties like Turkey weren't in the equation then it would be pretty straightforward. I know it sounds anal, but I refuse to recognise some of these countries as european when they are both culturally and religiously bonded to the middle east.

At this rate Iraq will be considered european. lol
    Last edited by Smudger; October 6th, 2010 at 08:48 AM.

Europe > Netherlands.

Europe-Romania-Bucharest

North America > USA > Florida
    I am Mansopp the most manliest man to ever man.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information