+ Reply to Thread
Page 33 of 98 FirstFirst ... 23 31 32 33 34 35 43 83 ... LastLast

Thread: Chapter 598, "2 Years Later" Discussion

Default Re: Chapter 598, "2 Years Later" Discussion

Just some background for those who aren't familiar with Kenshin (for the entire fake strawhats being a homage to Kenshin theory)

Pictures in the spoiler below:

Spoiler:

There's another reason for Luffy coming out with a response next chapter of "the real Monkey D. Luffy is a rubberman." Given that the anime is likely going to split off in a fashion similar to DBZ, you sort of have to have a "oh hey this is what makes Luffy special" type moment.

As I say... The only one I think will shown some little individual fight are Luffy vs Whoever will come from the marines and Sanji and Zoro against the 2 brother captains

god it's like a drug it is good to have OP back. So did mihawk teach zoro how to use a compass in the past 2 years thank god. Solid chapter I can't wait to see fake luffy foam at the mouth when luffy uses haki on him.

Quote Originally Posted by igetownd View Post
    On point 1, I just assumed they were fashion. No relevance to anything ever.

Point 2, Nami seems to have summoned lightning clouds without taking out her Clima Tact. However, Usopp's ammunition hasn't gotten smaller imo. I don't see Kabuto either.

Point 3, it's not necessarily Haki. It's probably Luffy bumping into "Luffy" with casual speed, but he's strong enough not be nudged at all from "Luffy's" weight.

Point 4, the former Marineford is now G1. But with Luffy destroying the reputations of all 3 institutions on that triangle, pirates aren't intimidated by it anymore. I also think bounties are being inflated. A 55 million bounty at Jaya was enough for Bellamy to run Mock town. A 20 million bounty in the East Blue made Arlong the most fearsome man in the sea. Now, "Luffy" can casually shoot down a 55 million bounty with a pistol.

Keeping in mind that some of the highest bounties we have seen are Shichibukai former bounties, and assuming bounties having been inflating since long ago, Doflamingo, Kuma, and Moria must have performed feats more stunning than Luffy. Unless inflation is not continuous, and there have been deflation trends as well.

That got me to think that Doflamingo, Kuma, and Moria have built up their bounties slowly before becoming Shichibukai, and Hancock and Crocodile received large initial bounties and became Shichibukai immediately.

I think the bounties for the Supernova can also indicate big jumps and incremental rises. A nice round number like 300 million indicates a huge jump, whereas 315 million indicates smaller increments.

I believe that some bounties are exaggerated, as Smoker defeated a 50 million bounty, and then complained it was too high for the weakling.
    I do agree somewhat with the inflation theory, however we have to remember that bounties don't judge strength but how much of a threat they are to the government

For example, Belamy might have the same amount bounty as the guy gunned down in SA but that doesn't mean he was stronger then Belamy, a DF user, it just means he has done more shit to piss off the government than Belamy had.

Another example is Kidd, he had a higher bounty than Luffy because he killed innocents and countless Marines making him more of a menace than Luffy was at the time...Hancock and Croc are two other examples, both have rather low bounties but that just means they only caused small scaled havoc because both are much stronger than there bounty's lead on..

Robin was given a 79 berry bounty as an 8 year old just because of her knowledge, she had 0 power at the time

No, I think that the pirates on SA right now are just cruel and they have killed innocents and Marines, like Kidd did, to earn their bounties...it doesn't reflect on their power at all

What's the chances a crowd of pirates/marines surrounds Luffy and he whacks them with that 'King's Haki' power thing?

Quote Originally Posted by KiShiDo View Post
    Luffy wanted 10 nakamas and only have 8... but who knows... For some time I think anyone won't join cuz the spotlight will be now in the current SHs. Franky and Brook had any time to shine since their arcs
    But if i remember correctly, he wanted 3 musicans, and i don't see another 2 musicans as candidates. Actually i feel the crew is a bit crowded. I often felt that splitting the spotlight evenly between all nakamas got harder after Franky and Brook joined.Don't misunderstand me, i love both and all the rest. But with so many chars to handle it's hard to give everyone the right spotlight, and thats something Oda handled better before, but was still okay in Ennies lobby and thriller bark. So i'am more hoping that oda gets all 8 handed right, instead of adding 2 more and make things more complicated.

Quote Originally Posted by 1000sunny View Post
    Robin was given a 79 berry bounty as an 8 year old just because of her knowledge, she had 0 power at the time
    Yeah, her strenght is worth 1 million berri.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaptain_Kabul View Post
    But if i remember correctly, he wanted 3 musicans, and i don't see another 2 musicans as candidates. Actually i feel the crew is a bit crowded. I often felt that splitting the spotlight evenly between all nakamas got harder after Franky and Brook joined.Don't misunderstand me, i love both and all the rest. But with so many chars to handle it's hard to give everyone the right spotlight, and thats something Oda handled better before, but was still okay in Ennies lobby and thriller bark. So i'am more hoping that oda gets all 8 handed right, instead of adding 2 more and make things more complicated.
    Never read something about 3 musicians... Only that he wants one.

I feel that the general public in One Piece are retarded by our current world's standards. Whereas we have people who place extreme significance in minor detail in reality, the public in One Piece can't recognize that the Strawhat impostors look like forced cosplays of the real Strawhats.

Slowly Luffy's crew is becoming Roger's v 2.0

Banned Rank: Failed Mutineer
    In a Berserk, Near-Death State, running around with an Equalizer

Quote Originally Posted by igetownd View Post
    I feel that the general public in One Piece are retarded by our current world's standards. Whereas we have people who place extreme significance in minor detail in reality, the public in One Piece can't recognize that the Strawhat impostors look like forced cosplays of the real Strawhats.
    They don't know anything aside from the posters, and well, a lot can change in 2 years in this world, just look at Coby who had a bigger change in less than one year

Would be fun for for Sanji if the first place they go after Shabondy is Ivankov's island :-D

Quote Originally Posted by Kaptain_Kabul View Post
    He said he wanted a musician in his crew 3 times, not that he wanted 3 musicians.

Then the musician came in by surprise.

Anyone else love how the Straw Hat Fakers didn't even bother to make a fake Brook? Is this because they didn't care to or because no one knows that Brook has joined the straw hats?

Also, I laughed out loud when I saw Brook as the "Soul King".
    I guess something is supposed to go here...

I just saw the scanned spread of the new designs and Franky's shoulders are FUCKING HUGE, the left one says "37" so someone guessed right about franky having 37 somewhere on his body

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Kaxbe View Post
    Anyone else love how the Straw Hat Fakers didn't even bother to make a fake Brook? Is this because they didn't care to or because no one knows that Brook has joined the straw hats?

And when I read "Soul King" the manga/Anime "Soul Eater" came to mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Cobalt Water View Post
    And when I read "Soul King" the manga/Anime "Soul Eater" came to mind.
    I thought of Bleach, seeing as just one chapter ago Super Aizen mentioned the Soul King.

3DS Friend Code: 2535-3762-9083

No one knows that Brook is a Strawhat or at least in public it isn't known.
    3DS FC: 0903-2798-9958
    PSN: H3kt1
    My YT Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCuw...yK6eHc5FiDIEOw

I believe its because they weren't aware that brook joined.

Oh just realized that it looks like we will get the reunion in 600. Next chapter will be complete annihilation by Luffy, probably more so than vs. Bellamy.

And I just saw that crude panel of the Robin impostor... CAN'T UNSEE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    Believe is song ripped from a dance craze that involves women in as little clothing as possible and crazy sex. The only thing happy-go-lucky about it is my cock.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information