+ Reply to Thread
Page 32 of 98 FirstFirst ... 22 30 31 32 33 34 42 82 ... LastLast

Thread: Chapter 598, "2 Years Later" Discussion

Default Re: Chapter 598, "2 Years Later" Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by DarkC View Post
    If anything, I think it'd be Franky rather than Usopp that makes Nami a weapon or upgrades it.
    Franky have upset the balance that is Usopps famous workshop.

So now that Brooke is well known it will eliminate the shock factor of him being a skeleton to random pedestrians, which would have been very repetitive and annoying. Well thought out Oda.

Quote Originally Posted by kyb597 View Post
    Maybe it'd be both of them.

Quote Originally Posted by boiga View Post
    Jeez, I haven't posted in years but this chapter got me thinking..

Hidden:
    1. New zombie number style number scheme? Is there any chance for some significance in the 40 for Rayleigh and the 34 on faux zoro? They are both white block numbers on black cloth... so maybe just a new OP universe fashion fad.

Hidden:
    2. Usopp has a new weapon. He fired his pop green from a slingshot device small enough to fit in his manpurse. A smaller, faster firing weapon would make him more useful in close quarters. Similarly, Nami's new thunder bolt tempo can be fired without spinning around the climatact. I'm suspecting that her new globe shaped earrings are weather balls.

Hidden:
    3. Luffy is now constantly emitting the armor haki. A small tap with his bag launched a large man to the ground. This insinuates that he is so well familiarized with haki that he is instinctively imbuing his bag.

Hidden:
    4. The biggest revelation in the chapter hasn't even been mentioned. The fact that marineford has been abandoned as the marine HQ means that the bulk of the WG fleet is now in the New World. This will make it easier for the Strawhats to make it down to Fishman Island (to which nami's compass is still pointing) but more difficult on the other side. It also means that the Luffy, by ransacking Enies Lobby, Impel Down, and Marineford, has completely changed the world order. The formerly sacrosanct triangle current has lost its relevancy. It's now easier for outlaws to travel the 1st half of the GL, which should add some disclaimer to any new bounty numbers we are hearing. Especially considering the potential for bounty inflation under the new Marine commander.
    On point 1, no comment.

Point 2, Nami seems to have summoned lightning clouds without taking out her Clima Tact. However, Usopp's ammunition hasn't gotten smaller imo. I don't see Kabuto either.

Point 3, having a hard time seeing the Haki involved. I mean there was a smack and a DON sound affect, but that's more of a dramatization.

Point 4, the former Marineford is now G1. But with Luffy destroying the reputations of all 3 institutions on that triangle, pirates aren't intimidated by it anymore. I also think bounties are being inflated. A 55 million bounty at Jaya was enough for Bellamy to run Mock town. A 20 million bounty in the East Blue made Arlong the most fearsome man in the sea. Now, "Luffy" can casually shoot down a 55 million bounty with a pistol.

Keeping in mind that some of the highest bounties we have seen are Shichibukai former bounties, and assuming bounties having been inflating since long ago, Doflamingo, Kuma, and Moria must have performed feats more stunning than Luffy. Unless inflation is not continuous, and there have been deflation trends as well.

That got me to think that Doflamingo, Kuma, and Moria have built up their bounties slowly before becoming Shichibukai, and Hancock and Crocodile received large initial bounties and became Shichibukai immediately.

I think the bounties for the Supernova can also indicate big jumps and incremental rises. A nice round number like 300 million indicates a huge jump, whereas 315 million indicates smaller increments.

I believe that some bounties are exaggerated, as Smoker defeated a 50 million bounty, and then complained it was too high for the weakling.
    Last edited by igetownd; September 30th, 2010 at 12:46 PM.

Can't wait to see Luffy's new bounty.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkC View Post
    If anything, I think it'd be Franky rather than Usopp that makes Nami a weapon or upgrades it.
    True, or maybe they'll collaborate.

Rosy Life Rider Miadestroystokyo's Avatar

Creepy Mustache by Remus and the Lupins is Sanji's new theme song.

I can't look at him without getting the song stuck in my head.

this is your captain speaking

I feel like the bounties have played their role, it's not as intresting as it used to be.

Originally Posted by kyb597
    Not really. Franky built mostly big stuff, like vehicles, cannons, armor, etc., while Usopp invented mostly small things like hand-held weapons and accessories (Usopp AAAaaaAAAaaaAAA, octopus-like shoes).

I resisted the spoilers and almost stayed up all night... the chapter is finally here. Lets dig in, shall we?

Color pages. Holy fucking shit.
    We haven't gotten any of those since, like, Drum. I was sure that we'd never get any ever again, considering all the super important moments we've had over the years. Guess Oda wasn't vacationing for the entire 4 weeks

They look fantastic, of course. Couldn't think of a better way of kicking off the second half of the story. "I'm not marrying you! Thanks for the food!" is an amazing line

I thought we'd get a color spread of the crew's new designs, and we did. Let's break it down

Luffy: I thought Luffy's face would become a bit more mature looking, to be honest. Instead, LOLSCAR. I guess they weren't willing to change him all that much. And I'm digging his One Piece equivalent to Jerry Seinfeld's puffy shirt

Zoro:
    LOLSCAR. You didn't expect anything else from Zoro, of all characters, did you? He was going to get a scar. It was inevitable. Didn't think of the eye, though. Lookin good my man.

Sanji: I think we all knew facial hair was coming. And I gotta say, he looks fucking PIMP with it. Fuck yeah Sanji.

HOLY SHIT HE HAS A LEFT EYE

Usopp: Again, we all knew he'd drop the weight, and become relatively ripped in the process. I like the longer hair... he's stuntin' like his daddy.

Franky: OMG, THE ACE VENTURA HAIR IS GONE D=

I'm disappointed at the moment. I kinda hoped they'd stick with the Terminator look (as freaky as that would be :lol ), but instead they went with a buzz cut? Not digging it. However (and I'm not sure if the color spread is to scale), he looks fucking MASSIVE. I mean, he takes up like half the spread. Looking forward to seeing him in the actual manga.

Brooke: We all knew he'd get new hair and new clothes

Chopper: lol

Nami & Robin:

Oh, there's a chapter too?

- Had a feeling Brook would be getting to Sabaody due to his "music career". So ridiculous

-HOLY SHIT THE LEFT EYE! IT EXISTS!

-Teasing the new Fleet Admiral. I still hope it's Akainu, even though Sengoku suggested Aokiji.

-I laughed out loud at the Impostor Straw Hats. Those are some ugly mother fuckers Oda Also, just goes to show how big of a player Luffy has become since Marineford.

-The way Oda draws Nami... it seriously looks like half of her ass is exposed.

-Nice entrance Usopp... nice.

-"You've gone up another level yourself"

- I love how blatant Usopp is. "I've graduated from the weakling trio" basically translates to "I won't be a part of comic relief fights at the end of arcs anymore". Love it :D

-The second group of impostors was too much Fucking midget Robin reminded me of the impostor of Lisa Simpson and the dog with the stache

-Cool ending.

All in all, fastastic chapter. Well worth the wait, and I couldn't be more excited to see what happens during the final act of this story. Well done Mr. Oda. Well done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    Believe is song ripped from a dance craze that involves women in as little clothing as possible and crazy sex. The only thing happy-go-lucky about it is my cock.

Quote Originally Posted by igetownd View Post
    On point 1, I just assumed they were fashion. No relevance to anything ever.

Point 2, Nami seems to have summoned lightning clouds without taking out her Clima Tact. However, Usopp's ammunition hasn't gotten smaller imo. I don't see Kabuto either.

Point 3, it's not necessarily Haki. It's probably Luffy bumping into "Luffy" with casual speed, but he's strong enough not be nudged at all from "Luffy's" weight.
    It's easier to dismiss points then come up with them..
    Have faith in Oda

I just realized how Ussop said the "weak trio". I'd always assumed that had been a fan-nickname, but I guess I ended up missing it somewhere.

perona probably just lead zoro there, holding his hand so he wouldn't get lost. lolz.
    i mean, she spoon-fed him like a child when he was injured, i wouldn't be surprised.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mog View Post
    Also, it's a children's comic from Japan.

Why are you comparing it to cultural engravings and burritos.

The Tetsuo Ishimaru of AP Gizmo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zach Logan View Post
    You guys suck.
    Makes victory all the sweeter.

Seriously though, fan of your podcast. This was most likely a one time only thing for me. Thought it'd come out in the middle of the night so I had the thread ready for awhile.

Talking Re: Chapter 598, "2 Years Later" Discussion

Really enjoyed this chapter , loved the colour spread (new background for me ). I'm curious to see how far Oda is going to have these impostors for or if Luffy is just going to pwn them next chapter. I wonder if the whole crew will meet up next chapter or we might get the chapter 600 meet up people were hoping for only time will tell .

Quote Originally Posted by Saint87 View Post
    Zoro the first to arrive, maybe his sinse of Direction has improved but then again Could someone.... have... maybe accompanied .. him to sabaody?

PLEASE DONT KILL ME I DONT WANNA DIE
    Legit theory, just dont say the P word. As long as you dont mention her, its a legit theory.

Dunno if shes a join candidate. I think there wont join any more members. The team is finally complete. Theres absolutly no reason for more.

But i think shes is important for some polt points, oda wouldnt send her to the same place as zoro if she didn't have something to do with the plot.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaptain_Kabul View Post
    Legit theory, just dont say the P word. As long as you dont mention her, its a legit theory.

Dunno if shes a join candidate. I think there wont join any more members. The team is finally complete. Theres absolutly no reason for more.

But i think shes is important for some polt points, oda wouldnt send her to the same place as zoro if she didn't have something to do with the plot.
    Luffy wanted 10 nakamas and only have 8... but who knows... For some time I think anyone won't join cuz the spotlight will be now in the current SHs. Franky and Brook had any time to shine since their arcs

About the whole 'Proving their strenght against the fake SH's' I think thats... not accurate. If Oda wanted to show of the new strenght it would have to be a more intimidating foe, I mean the fake crew hasn't shown anything but living of somebody elses fame and all "Luffy" seems to be doing is waving a gun around. I think if anything is all the new recruits they've gathered who could possibly be a threat.

I'm thinking each Strawhat will get a chance to show off some of their new strenght in a battle against their alter ego, but maybe that'd take too long?

Anyway, reunion in Ch. 600 is seeming very likely.

Banned Rank: Failed Mutineer
    In a Berserk, Near-Death State, running around with an Equalizer

They're just gonna showcase a little of their moves, that's all

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information