+ Reply to Thread
Page 120 of 148 FirstFirst ... 20 70 110 118 119 120 121 122 130 ... LastLast
Results 2,381 to 2,400 of 2949

Thread: Community

Default Re: Community

I think Donald Glover just wants to distance himself from comedy in general. Which is a shame, because he really is talented at it.

I think the popular opinion every where I go is that his comedy is stronger than his rap.

I don't think Donglover wants to distance himself from comedy, he just wants to do new things. I get it he is talented as hell. There was an article I remember reading a while back where he and a big writer who was on 30 rock was going to make a comedy based off of him.
    Ganzbino

Quote Originally Posted by MagiciteKefka View Post
    I have to agree with this. Troy does get in a good line every now and again, but just like Chevy it just feels like Donald doesn't care much in his performance. Like Pierce, Troy hasn't been fully enjoyable since season 2.
    Troy was amazing in season 3.. Like easily one of the best three characters. What the hell are you on?
    Check out my podcast for conversations about Greatness in anime, sports, music, and whatever else we can think of.
    mtgoatmore.buzzsprout.com

Quote Originally Posted by andre View Post
    Troy was amazing in season 3.. Like easily one of the best three characters. What the hell are you on?
    Troy was involved in by far the worst storyline of that season. He got in a good line every now and again, and he was amazing in Remedial Chaos Theory, but overall he was just one of my least favorite characters that season.

Troy was involved in by far the worst storyline of that season. He got in a good line every now and again, and he was amazing in Remedial Chaos Theory, but overall he was just one of my least favorite characters that season.
    If you're talking about the air-conditioning school storyline, then you're my Black Hitler on these forums.
    Check out my podcast for conversations about Greatness in anime, sports, music, and whatever else we can think of.
    mtgoatmore.buzzsprout.com

Quote Originally Posted by andre View Post
    If you're talking about the air-conditioning school storyline, then you're my Black Hitler on these forums.
    Having John Goodman in it was pretty fun, but other than that I just didn't care for it. It just wasn't funny, unfortunately. And Black Hitler was cool, so I'd gladly be him.

Having John Goodman in it was pretty fun, but other than that I just didn't care for it. It just wasn't funny, unfortunately. And Black Hitler was cool, so I'd gladly be him.
    Do you make panini's? Cause I'd take one.

Main points:
    -There will be an animated episode.
    -Donald Glover's parting will be made into a story arc.
    -Harmon wants to take the story more to the Greendale campus again and wants Jeff there too.

They put em in Smash Bros! Conekiller's Avatar

Not really feeling the new season myself, tho I'll wait and see before judging. I guess Community -without-characters is more damaging to me than Community -without-behind-the-scenes-people.
    [
    Please visit my Deviant art gallery.
    There will be Punch and Pie!

Quote Originally Posted by Thousand Lion-chan View Post
    This show really needs to just die already. Honestly, I think the only reason it's still going on is because of the nerds who have propped the show up as some sort of love letter to their popcultural geekdoms. Before this show used to be more grounded, it used to be a funny sitcom about these people going to college, going through real problems with some zany elements now and again. Now it's become "Hey, how many wacky popcultural references can we throw in this episode!" And the geeks lap it up because it panders to their tastes. Mind-switching, alternate realities, puppets? Just die already Community, you've overstayed your welcome.
    I'm surprised how much I agree with this. Maybe not the tone, but the actual content. In cold light of day, the show should have ended with the third season finale (even though I acted like a withdrawing meth-addict all through the gap between the third season and the fourth).
    Season two was the high point. Since then it has slowly devolved into a 'spot-the-pop-culture-reference' exercise. I don't blame Donald Glover for wanting to leave. He's immensely talented and deserves better.

If you want shows like this in the future then you need to support it when it sucks.

Otherwise you get 50 Jersey Shore knockoffs and Cooking or Talent Shows. Sure community has embraced its nerd/geek following but then so what? That at least gives this fan group attention enough to have people assessing the market potential.

We need shows like Community to succeed or we will get what sells revenue - right now I garuntee you that production meetings are looking at the numbers/cash the Hub is bringing in thanks to MLP and trying to figure out how to tap that market.
    Pell survived because he is a Falcon - Stop using him as a bad example.
    The Peregrine Falcon reaches faster speeds than any other animal on the planet when performing the stoop,which involves soaring to a great height and then diving steeply at speeds of over 320 km/h (200 mph)

Banned Rank: Failed Mutineer

Quote Originally Posted by cooldud View Post
    I'm surprised how much I agree with this. Maybe not the tone, but the actual content. In cold light of day, the show should have ended with the third season finale (even though I acted like a withdrawing meth-addict all through the gap between the third season and the fourth).
    Season two was the high point. Since then it has slowly devolved into a 'spot-the-pop-culture-reference' exercise. I don't blame Donald Glover for wanting to leave. He's immensely talented and deserves better.
    I feel like season 2 had the most pop culture references of them all. Season 3 was mostly stuck up it's own ass in a good way imo but still it was more focused on the metaness of the show than outside influences. Season 4 doesn't count.

I'm looking forward to season5 because I want to see what Harmon can do with the show at this point. It is old, imo season 4 should have been the last but it was really bad so this one is kind of like redemption. I want to see his Harmon can save the show from that worn out feeling or if the show itself has just run out of gas completely.

Hi people, long time no see. I've been a busy man this summer, more on that later. I just wanted to drop with some awesome info.

I AM WORKING ON COMMUNITY SEASON FIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not like in any super official capacity. I am just doing random stuff behind the scenes. Grip work, lights, etc. But this is the first major thing I've worked on in the industry. It's essentially my big break. (Though that would really be if I was writing or directing an episode... Which I'm not.) But still, this is like a dream come true for me! I mean, it's Community!

Anyway! Yeah! Hopefully I don't die of a heart attack from too much excitement!

Also, I'll let you know now that I can't talk about anything that has to do with the show, for obvious reasons.

Congrats, Nex!

Quote Originally Posted by Nex View Post
    Hi people, long time no see. I've been a busy man this summer, more on that later. I just wanted to drop with some awesome info.

I AM WORKING ON COMMUNITY SEASON FIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not like in any super official capacity. I am just doing random stuff behind the scenes. Grip work, lights, etc. But this is the first major thing I've worked on in the industry. It's essentially my big break. (Though that would really be if I was writing or directing an episode... Which I'm not.) But still, this is like a dream come true for me! I mean, it's Community!

Anyway! Yeah! Hopefully I don't die of a heart attack from too much excitement!

Also, I'll let you know now that I can't talk about anything that has to do with the show, for obvious reasons.
    Congrats Nex really excited for you. Just enjoy the ride while you there.

They put em in Smash Bros! Conekiller's Avatar

Way to go!!! Always glad when folks I kinda-sorta barely know go on to be in the industry.
    (doesn't e1n work in TV now too?)
    [
    Please visit my Deviant art gallery.
    There will be Punch and Pie!

Thanks guys!

Truth be told it's not just a Community contract, it's a Sony Pictures Television contract, which means I will be working on several of their shows in the future. Most notably Community. Though I may also be helping a certain connoisseur of meat in the near future as well. Fingers crossed for that.

Oh, and I'm going to be doing work on Days of Our Lives as well. Yay?

Schrödinger's Giraffe Wooden_Giraffe's Avatar

Awesome Nex! Does this mean you'll be our inside source from now on?

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information