+ Reply to Thread
Page 119 of 148 FirstFirst ... 19 69 109 117 118 119 120 121 129 ... LastLast
Results 2,361 to 2,380 of 2947

Thread: Community

  1. #2361

    Default Re: Community

    Quote Originally Posted by Takaho View Post
    I can't approve of anyone's list of whom would put "Conspiracy Theories and Interior Design" so low.

    But at the same time "Contemporary American Poultry" being second makes me happy.

    I might consider trying to make a list myself but I would struggle....a lot.

    I never been a huge fan of the episode. I appreciate it, but its never an episode I want to re-watch.

    How I made the list was I went down the airing order; and said, "Do I like the pilot more or the Spanish 101 episoe... Pilot." Its not even abou which episodes are better; just which ones I personal find myself re-watching more.

  2. #2362
    Discovered Stowaway MarcelloF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Germany

    Default Re: Community

    American Poultry is probably my favorite episode. It was a fairly simple concept episode, which I like. It was the most fun to me, too.


    Strangely, I've never actually seen Good Fellas.

    3DS Friend Code: 2535-3762-9083

  3. #2363

    Default Re: Community

    You know what, me either.

  4. #2364
    The Tetsuo Ishimaru of AP Gizmo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    I hacked ultimateclima's account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightwing
    Stay focused, cause right now you have a decision to make. Are you a man perpetually looking back at what hes lost, or a man looking forward, to what he might become?

  5. #2365

    Default Re: Community

    Welp.

    I mean, just...welp.

  6. #2366

    Default Re: Community

    No Pierce and now barely Troy. Can't say i'm very excited.

  7. #2367

    Default Re: Community

    Show is perfectly fine without Pierce. Troy has remained a good part of the show even as the rest of the characters have been extremely up and down.

    Wonder where the focus is going to be, now. Annie?

  8. #2368

    Default Re: Community

    Community is getting Hall H at Comic Con, so they've at least accomplished reaching the very top of geekdom.

  9. #2369

    Default Re: Community

    Ghhh, I don't like this.

    Unless is something silly as "Donald Glover as other character".

    The wording makes me think that.

  10. #2370

    Default Re: Community

    Quote Originally Posted by tatermoog View Post
    Show is perfectly fine without Pierce.
    I disagree, i think his presence is greatly needed to balance the chemistry and interaction of the group, unlike say, Shirley, who's just another voice of the reason. For instance, the recent episode with the tied up history teacher could go very differently if Pierce were there.
    I guess they'll use Chang to replace him, but he just doesn't work as a full member of the group, imo. Chang is too wacky and good in small dosis.

    Either way, losing two of the seven will probably make those remaining 8 episodes look a very different beast.

    Quote Originally Posted by maxterdexter View Post
    Unless is something silly as "Donald Glover as other character".

    The wording makes me think that.
    No, apparently it is what it seems.

    Glover has been hinting his wish to leave for a while now, even on some songs of his, so this doesn't come out as a big surprise.
    Last edited by goty; July 9th, 2013 at 01:28 AM.

  11. #2371

    Default Re: Community

    Someone should tell Glover the only reason people care about his terrible rap group to begin with is because he's the guy from Community.

  12. #2372

    Default Re: Community

    No Pierce and basically no Troy....this show has gone to shit. Probably should end it after season 5 :(

  13. #2373
    Discovered Stowaway andre's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    The King Engine

    Default Re: Community

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaiolino View Post
    Someone should tell Glover the only reason people care about his terrible rap group to begin with is because he's the guy from Community.
    It's not a group, he's a solo artist, and he's not terrible, but Troy is better.

    --- Update From New Post Merge ---

    Quote Originally Posted by tatermoog View Post
    Show is perfectly fine without Pierce.
    Yeah, I'm also going to have to disagree with this. What made the show so brilliant through the first 4 seasons was the interaction between all the characters. One of my favorite episodes will always be the D and D one when Pierce plays the villain. Never better.

  14. #2374

    Default Re: Community

    Quote Originally Posted by Waffles View Post
    No Pierce and basically no Troy....this show has gone to shit. Probably should end it after season 5 :(
    Wasn't it pretty much confirmed that this will be the last season to push the thing towards syndication?
    Not sure though, alas it will gain a shit ton of viewership for the 5th season or every other nbc show will fail harder I think it's a safe bet to say this will be the last one.

    As for the news yeah I'm not to bothered by it. I'm more looking forward what they'll do working with all these constraints.
    And like I said earlier the people that think harmon's return will ensure the show's former glory are just delusional, this should be another wake up call.
    Not like it would be a good thing to chase after it's former glory anyway...

    Also if this season isn't working out season 3 has a pretty good ending. So maybe there's half a movie somewhere too :).

  15. #2375
    Aspiring Film Critic TLC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Malta

    Default Re: Community

    This show really needs to just die already. Honestly, I think the only reason it's still going on is because of the nerds who have propped the show up as some sort of love letter to their popcultural geekdoms. Before this show used to be more grounded, it used to be a funny sitcom about these people going to college, going through real problems with some zany elements now and again. Now it's become "Hey, how many wacky popcultural references can we throw in this episode!" And the geeks lap it up because it panders to their tastes. Mind-switching, alternate realities, puppets? Just die already Community, you've overstayed your welcome.

  16. #2376

    Default Re: Community

    Quote Originally Posted by andre View Post
    Yeah, I'm also going to have to disagree with this. What made the show so brilliant through the first 4 seasons was the interaction between all the characters. One of my favorite episodes will always be the D and D one when Pierce plays the villain. Never better.
    Yeah, D&D is one of the best episodes, and Pierce makes it. We agree on that.

    I enjoyed Pierce in the first two seasons--the first documentary episode is another favorite that's Pierce-centric--but his role was greatly diminished in the third season, and we all know about the fourth. Think they've gotten to the point where his absence isn't a big deal, though he should be replaced.

    Troy, however, was just as big a part of the fourth season as any of the preceding three. His absence hasn't been teased at all.

  17. #2377
    Banned Rank: Failed Mutineer
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    removed again

    Default Re: Community

    Quote Originally Posted by goty View Post
    No, apparently it is what it seems.

    Glover has been hinting his wish to leave for a while now, even on some songs of his, so this doesn't come out as a big surprise.

    in what ways. like does he lyrically express he's tired of Community?

  18. #2378

    Default Re: Community

    Quote Originally Posted by Taggerung View Post
    in what ways. like does he lyrically express he's tired of Community?
    We Ain't Them from Royalty Mixtape
    Sometimes, all this shit make a n**** feel guilty
    I used to sleep with them roaches
    Back of my mind though, I hope the show gets cancelled
    Maybe then I can focus

  19. #2379
    Discovered Stowaway MarcelloF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Germany

    Default Re: Community

    Quote Originally Posted by tatermoog View Post
    Yeah, D&D is one of the best episodes, and Pierce makes it. We agree on that.

    I enjoyed Pierce in the first two seasons--the first documentary episode is another favorite that's Pierce-centric--but his role was greatly diminished in the third season, and we all know about the fourth. Think they've gotten to the point where his absence isn't a big deal, though he should be replaced.

    Troy, however, was just as big a part of the fourth season as any of the preceding three. His absence hasn't been teased at all.
    Personally, I enjoyed Pierce much more than Troy in season 4.

    Troy has just gotten kind of annoying.

    3DS Friend Code: 2535-3762-9083

  20. #2380

    Default Re: Community

    Quote Originally Posted by MarcelloF View Post
    Personally, I enjoyed Pierce much more than Troy in season 4.

    Troy has just gotten kind of annoying.
    I have to agree with this. Troy does get in a good line every now and again, but just like Chevy it just feels like Donald doesn't care much in his performance. Like Pierce, Troy hasn't been fully enjoyable since season 2.


+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts