+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Radiant Historia (Check for possible Sqwee)

Default Re: Radiant Historia (Check for possible Sqwee)

Started playing it today. About an hour in and weaving through the prolouge. This is defintelty looking like a fine title with lots of things to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiroy View Post
    Started playing it today. About an hour in and weaving through the prolouge. This is defintelty looking like a fine title with lots of things to do.
    The actual amount of things you can do in this game isn't that huge which is somewhat disappointing.

Well I'm still enjoying it. Played about 6 hours or so.

Although I gotta admit that about 3 and a half of those hours is just talking.

Yeah, it's really wordy.

Quote Originally Posted by Green_vs_Red View Post
    The actual amount of things you can do in this game isn't that huge which is somewhat disappointing.
    Eh. That's alright. The whole time travel(with great dailiness) is what interest me the most here.

Finished it. I had to grind for the first time ever a bit due to the final boss. Needed a few more accessories and armor drops to make the cheap tactics I was using work(one involves destroying the final boss's second stage before it drained Mana).

Here's my overall opinion:
    +Great script.
    +Neatly structured story. The plot isn't great but it works well
    +Battle system. You may not be able to use grids, but you can manipulate enemy's positions, and change turns at will. This makes the combat system work. My only gripe is there isn't many enemies that use tactical formations.
    +The music. Aside from the field theme that kept recycling, I love the battle and boss themes.
    +May be a flaw to some, but there are some nice difficulty spikes. Specifically Chapter 4.
    +Strong mature main lead. Stoke continued to impress me throughout the whole game with his badass moments and unintentionally funny moments.

-Not being able to switch out Stoke from the main party. I wanted to experiment with more team combos... Not a big deal though.
    -There isn't alot of enemy sprites. Just alot of color swaps.
    -Some of the enemy names and terms had my scratching my head. It's like they ran out of names for the recycled enemies at one point.
    -I wished there were different animations for most of the skills you learned.
    -Stalling. There's a few of characters that annoyed the hell out of me because they kept on giving vague hints to important plot points. I understood Raynie and Marco's reasons, but Aht and Eurca's reasons to keep that big secret was a bit absurd. It got annoying when they kept bringing it up only to refuse to get to the point.

I really want to play this. It's probably the game I most am interested in at the moment. It is the next game I want to get. Earlier in the year I talked about being interested in playing a JRPG that was the most anime-esque cliche kind of thing, so I played a Tales game.

And with that urge vanquished, I am dying to play this, which I hear is a very akin to a classic-styled SNES RPG.

i am terrified to read anything in this thread, so i haven't

but until this game is in my hands, i WILL NOT REST.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wagomu View Post
    There's a great lighthearted vibe around here, because no matter how serious we might get, we're all together because of some magical pirate.

Play it Silence. Play it for me and allow me to absorb the information from your body like some kind of fluid.

Quote Originally Posted by Holy Hell View Post
    Play it Silence. Play it for me and allow me to absorb the information from your body like some kind of fluid.
    Holy Hell.

Are you a SUCCUBUS/INCUBUS?

holy hell.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wagomu View Post
    There's a great lighthearted vibe around here, because no matter how serious we might get, we're all together because of some magical pirate.

I tried not to spoil much, let alone anything. But yeah, it does give off a vibe of an oldschool console-styled RPG.

Great sage,equal of heaven Darkstorm's Avatar

Wow, getting the full ending & 236/236 took a lot longer then I thought it would.

Well worth it though, best RPG I've played in ages. Battle system was new & fun.

Aggravator via Destiny darktravis's Avatar

Finally finished the game and fully as well

This game is nothing short of QUALITY. Graphics, music, story, battle system, I enjoyed them all! The old-school console style of it all certainly multiplied the fun I had as well.

After Radiata Stories and this, from now on I'll be on the lookout for any of the works from these guys.

I played this pretty much the entire time the forum was down XD Loving it loads. Although I been away for a week and then went back on it and am finding it difficult to get back into. I suppose that's the norm with a game this epic.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information