+ Reply to Thread
Page 132 of 132 FirstFirst ... 32 82 122 130 131 132
Results 2,621 to 2,638 of 2638

Thread: general football "soccer" thread

Default Re: general football "soccer" thread

This Ajax team is a joy to watch. It will all be over come the summer but until then I'm going to enjoy every bit of it.

City vs Spurs clash gave me goosebumps Jesus Christ! What a wonderful game of football and drama!

In other news, mouth watering semifinal between Liverpool and Barcelona. Being a Liverpool fan, I know Liverpool can get things going in their way as long as they don't play like they did in the first half against Porto.

Quote Originally Posted by Leon View Post
    City vs Spurs clash gave me goosebumps Jesus Christ! What a wonderful game of football and drama!

In other news, mouth watering semifinal between Liverpool and Barcelona. Being a Liverpool fan, I know Liverpool can get things going in their way as long as they don't play like they did in the first half against Porto.
    Messi vs van Dijk will be fun to watch for sure.

I made the mistake of watching the Liverpool match, expecting the Spurs to get battered anyway. Silly me...

Oh well. We played well but weren't clinical enough. Should have scored 2 at least. And what a goal by Messi. Best player for a reason. I don't think we can overcome this at Anfield. Well played Barcelona!

That free kick was sublime, I had to stand and clap for that.
    What a way to get your 600th goal for your club. Sums him up through and through.

---------------------------------[Youtube]-[Patreon]-[Twitter]---------------------------------

As usual, Messi was the difference maker. Ter Stegen wasn't too shabby either.

I'm not sure what to make of VVD's performance. It's not like anyone actually dribbled past him but his ball-watching for the first two goals isn't what I've come to expect from him this season.

And my god, that free kick! Messi really wants another treble.

It's theoretically still possible for Liverpool to turn things around at Anfield but I wouldn't bank on it.

---

As for the other semi final tie, I'm putting my money on Ajax to seal the deal at home. They should be able to come up with a plan to counter Tottenham's more direct and physical approach and thus see things out.

The Premier League race is utterly ridiculous this year.

Just when you think that it's over Liverpool, they find a winner in the dying minutes of the match, challenging City to match that pace. And you know what? They actually do.

Whatever happens this Saturday, Liverpool can be proud of themselves. It's no shame to lose to such a brilliant City side.

Fucking hell. I am sooo proud of Liverpool today. We pulled it off without our main forwards. YNWA!

Quote Originally Posted by Enzeru View Post

It's theoretically still possible for Liverpool to turn things around at Anfield but I wouldn't bank on it.
    To be honest, I expected us to win the battle but not the war. As much as we played well, I do think Barca's defense was utter shite. It was shite even at Camp Nou but we did not take our chances there. Premier league might as well be lost but I really hope we win the CL.
    Last edited by Leon; May 7th, 2019 at 04:27 PM.

Fucking hell Barcelona you only had to score 1 goal useless twats. Now there's a real chance I'll have to listen 6 times from those Scouse muppets.

Quote Originally Posted by Leon View Post
    https://twitter.com/Jodhis_/status/1...278085/photo/1https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D5_m0fsW...jpg&name=small

Fucking hell. I am sooo proud of Liverpool today. We pulled it off without our main forwards. YNWA!

To be honest, I expected us to win the battle but not the war. As much as we played well, I do think Barca's defense was utter shite. It was shite even at Camp Nou but we did not take our chances there. Premier league might as well be lost but I really hope we win the CL.
    For almost the whole match I was bracing myself for that inevitable Barca goal. But it just wouldn't come. Alisson, VVD, Fabinho, Robbo, Milner- you name it. All of them were magnificent.

But for Gini and Origi to seal the deal- I sure as hell wouldn't have bet on that haha

Aaaand Tottenham Hotspur are in the Champions League Final! No one expected it to be all English Final! Definitely the most entertaining Champions League season in a while!

Quote Originally Posted by Enzeru View Post
    For almost the whole match I was bracing myself for that inevitable Barca goal. But it just wouldn't come. Alisson, VVD, Fabinho, Robbo, Milner- you name it. All of them were magnificent.

But for Gini and Origi to seal the deal- I sure as hell wouldn't have bet on that haha
    100%. We pulled it through without Salah, Firmino and Robertson.

Welp, at least two english teams lose in the finals... was really rooting for Frankfurt there
    "Often I think about my many comrades fallen by my side. I heard their curses against the war and its authors, the revolt against their murder. And I, as a survivor, believe that I am inspired by their will to struggle, for the idea of peace and human fraternity."
    Corp. Barthas, France, Feb. 1919

Quote Originally Posted by Lord of Chaos View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MDL View Post
    Hoping Liverpool take inspiration from the previous campaign and manage to reach the final again.
    I've always wondered what might have happened in that match if they didn't lose Salah so early.

It would be great if he could get a second shot at this, to banish those demons.
    No thanks there already insufferable enough as it is.
    Uh-oh.

Although the final was surprisingly drab and error strewn, betraying the form that brought both teams to this point.
    The early penalty promised everyone a dramatic game, but then things oddly fizzled out.

---------------------------------[Youtube]-[Patreon]-[Twitter]---------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by MDL View Post
    Uh-oh.

Although the final was surprisingly drab and error strewn, betraying the form that brought both teams to this point.
    The early penalty promised everyone a dramatic game, but then things oddly fizzled out.
    Honestly when they beat Barce I knew they win it only City from the other block could've beat them.

The Netherlands were extremely lucky against the Nadeshikos. I still can't believe it :(
    "Often I think about my many comrades fallen by my side. I heard their curses against the war and its authors, the revolt against their murder. And I, as a survivor, believe that I am inspired by their will to struggle, for the idea of peace and human fraternity."
    Corp. Barthas, France, Feb. 1919

Whooo, go American Women's Team! Two World Cups in a row, that's pretty damn impressive.

The Netherlands just canīt win a WC final.
    The epic battle of BusterCall vs. Don is decided !!!
    And the results are 3:2 for Don..

Rapinoe and her fellows won't go the White House because Trump's an ass, but don't worry, Jimmy Kimmel will give them a party:

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information