+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: General Who Should I Cosplay As

My lure-out strategy. GumGumBattleAxe's Avatar

Default Re: General Who Should I Cosplay As

Quote Originally Posted by MoonNeko View Post
    Hmm. I'm gonna say Noland, possibly Bon-chan or even Bege Capone.
    I like Noland!!! Bon Clay and Bege, nooooo........lol interesting, Noland. cool!

YES you should totally cosplay Norland! I've never seen a male cosplay him other than one Japanese guy.

Quote Originally Posted by CatMonster View Post
    YES you should totally cosplay Norland! I've never seen a male cosplay him other than one Japanese guy.
    that's a good idea. i had thought of doing captain kuro before (I've got a pretty close suit, glasses, and at the time I had the hairstyle) but Noland seems cooler to me

hey captain kuro would be cool.

omg, robby and kitsune popped in here. Robby, what is that even from? kitsune, check out the non OP cosplay that really impressed you thread.

I still want to cosplay lina inverse, metalman from megaman, and now neko is talking about a jem group.

Lady Gaga? Take notes. Rebecky_Mo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by captain usopp View Post
    hey captain kuro would be cool.

omg, robby and kitsune popped in here. Robby, what is that even from? kitsune, check out the non OP cosplay that really impressed you thread.

I still want to cosplay lina inverse, metalman from megaman, and now neko is talking about a jem group.
    I'd love to see some Megaman cosplay (I've seen tons of other games cosplayed, but no MM, go figure).

And my sister and friends cosplayed Slayers at Anime North, they had Zelgadis, Xelloss and Amelia. I've promised them if they ever redo it, I'll go as their Gourry (Since I'm too busty/big to be Lina, LOL).

*sigh* huge cosplay list is HUUUUUGE.

hey. i'd fit right in then! XD

Quote Originally Posted by GumGumBattleAxe View Post
    that's a good idea. i had thought of doing captain kuro before (I've got a pretty close suit, glasses, and at the time I had the hairstyle) but Noland seems cooler to me
    So would you shave your head for it, or use a bald cap? I've seen a girl use the bald cap and put brown felt on it to make her head look fuzzy. And of course, the chestnut too XD Curious to see how you would do it since you'd have the option of shaving your head if you wanted to. (I wish I could get my boyfriend to cosplay him, but I doubt he would... haha)

Quote Originally Posted by zachri View Post
    ooo sweet ;D
    just gotta think of a cheap way to make her cosplay...
    would the glasses still be fine?
    You could just use your regular glasses, it depends on how "complete" you want it. Or maybe since no one actually wants red glasses, you could find some red frames cheap xD

I really don't mean to seem tackey or anything but I have got to say, you looked stunning there

Here's me in real life: I'm 5'10, bout 175 lbs.

So, who should it be?

http://i178.photobucket.com/albums/w...s_photo/me.jpg
    Well, thank you! Norland would be awesome but I think you could pull of a good Zoro, too!
    I don't suffer from Johnny-Depp-itis..... I enjoy every minute of it

"A skelleton walks into a bar, and orders a beer... and a mop."- Johnny Depp... Yohohohohoho SKULL JOKE!

Here's me in real life: I'm 5'10, bout 175 lbs.

So, who should it be?

http://i178.photobucket.com/albums/w...s_photo/me.jpg
    I totally see an Iceburg in you!

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. Iceburg View Post
    I totally see an Iceburg in you!
    YES!!!! That's what I'm talkin' bout. It's my hair isn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by SieteFleur View Post
    Well, thank you! Norland would be awesome but I think you could pull of a good Zoro, too!
    Zoro?! Eh.......when my hair is short it looks somewhat like that...I always thought Kuro would be my best bet. Guess I'll have to try Noland out! By the way I first thought "Kalifa" then "Strong World Robin" when I saw your image.

We need YOU back in "Guess the Character" by the way...we got some real nut-jobs in there now. lol

Quote Originally Posted by CatMonster View Post
    So would you shave your head for it, or use a bald cap? I've seen a girl use the bald cap and put brown felt on it to make her head look fuzzy. And of course, the chestnut too XD Curious to see how you would do it since you'd have the option of shaving your head if you wanted to. (I wish I could get my boyfriend to cosplay him, but I doubt he would... haha)
    Well....hmmm.......I might use a bald cap, as I'm rather fond of not being bald...and I'm sure I can get a chestnut and just plop it on mah head!
    Last edited by GumGumBattleAxe; February 25th, 2011 at 07:06 AM.

Yeah, that sounds good! BTW, if you do go the felt route, it is a bit tricky, but it can be done. Good luck if you decide to do it (Really wants to see a male cosplay Norland *u*)

I'm going to Anime Banzai in October. I want to cosplay as someone from One Piece because last year there wasn't nearly enough of it. (I saw maybe 2 Luffys. :c ) I'm fine with cosplaying pretty much anyone. The only problem is that I'm starting kind of late, so I don't have time to plan anything huge. Plus, I'm not that great at sewing/wigs/cosplay in general to being with.

http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/a...icture1-13.png

http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/a...i/IMG_0039.jpg

If anyone has any ideas please let me know.

Quote Originally Posted by Super Forsooth View Post
    I'm going to Anime Banzai in October. I want to cosplay as someone from One Piece because last year there wasn't nearly enough of it. (I saw maybe 2 Luffys. :c ) I'm fine with cosplaying pretty much anyone. The only problem is that I'm starting kind of late, so I don't have time to plan anything huge. Plus, I'm not that great at sewing/wigs/cosplay in general to being with.

http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/a...icture1-13.png

http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/a...i/IMG_0039.jpg

If anyone has any ideas please let me know.
    Is your hair long now? Cause in the first photo you totally look like a Jewelry Bonney.

If you're willing to use a wig, I would suggest Bellemere. You rock the blue plaid already!

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. Iceburg View Post
    Is your hair long now? Cause in the first photo you totally look like a Jewelry Bonney.
    Yeah, actually. It's grown out a lot since the second picture. Bonney sounds fun, as long as I ignore the bright pink hair. xD I dunno. I usually like paying attention to detail, but that hair...

Thanks for the idea.

Quote Originally Posted by cactusmomma View Post
    If you're willing to use a wig, I would suggest Bellemere. You rock the blue plaid already!
    That would be awesome, thank you.

I have a long black wig that I haven't used in years and I'd like to bring it back into commission.
    Trouble is, I don't want to cosplay Robin or Boa and I'm torn between 3 other options.

Spoiler:

Madame Shirley

vs.
    Ishilly

vs.
    Rindo

I'm alright with not being immediately recognized (or recognized at all in Ishilly's case) but I want to put the wig to good use. I don't mind cutting and wefting.
    Originally Posted by cactusmomma
    Stop making her look like she's going to pour chocolate into your soul.

I've never really posted pics of myself on the Internet, but that's probably because I don't usually have any that I'd be okay with showing people.

Spoiler:
    This was a costume my mom (who is amazing at this sort of thing) managed to put together for Halloween last year. Don't get the wrong idea. I wanted to help, but she is a total perfectionist and insisted that I wouldn't be of much help. I got a fake ponytail, an eyepatch, and some scar makeup and went around as Xigbar from Kingdom Hearts. Fun times.
    This next one is one of my senior pictures, in which I am posing...with the duck. My hair isn't that long anymore (which is a shame. I like having longer hair.) My hair's current length is closer to the first pic.

I'm just barely shy of 6' tall (I've been 5'11 3/4" for the past 5 years, it seems) and weigh more than 200lbs. but less than 250lbs., which is more than I'd like to weigh.

So what do you guys think? I've got an anime convention this weekend and obviously I'm not gonna put together a costume in five days but I'd still like to hear your opinions.
    CHARMANDER, use your EMBER attack!

KUMA!!!! or JIMBEI!!!!

< u > so gonna try doing a Skypiea!Nami since it's simple and even though I haven't got orange hair and aren't the sexiest of bitches out there, my hair is red... CLOSE ENOUGH.
    However I have no idea whether I can even fit pigtails in my hair due to how short it is, and I have a dilemna...
    I got a certain anime series on DvD and was watching some episodes this morning, then I felt the urge to cosplay this guy x A x halp:

Hidden:

Quote Originally Posted by Barny_Baliber View Post
    I've never really posted pics of myself on the Internet, but that's probably because I don't usually have any that I'd be okay with showing people.

Spoiler:
    This was a costume my mom (who is amazing at this sort of thing) managed to put together for Halloween last year. Don't get the wrong idea. I wanted to help, but she is a total perfectionist and insisted that I wouldn't be of much help. I got a fake ponytail, an eyepatch, and some scar makeup and went around as Xigbar from Kingdom Hearts. Fun times. http://i1218.photobucket.com/albums/...r/XIICloak.jpg
    This next one is one of my senior pictures, in which I am posing...with the duck. My hair isn't that long anymore (which is a shame. I like having longer hair.) My hair's current length is closer to the first pic.
    http://i1218.photobucket.com/albums/...iththeduck.jpg

I'm just barely shy of 6' tall (I've been 5'11 3/4" for the past 5 years, it seems) and weigh more than 200lbs. but less than 250lbs., which is more than I'd like to weigh.

So what do you guys think? I've got an anime convention this weekend and obviously I'm not gonna put together a costume in five days but I'd still like to hear your opinions.
    The first picture makes me think on Caribou and Van der Decken! xD

I agree with FUBOKING, Kuma is a good option. And what about Moria?

~

It is likely I will die next to a pile of things I was meaning to read

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information