+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 22 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Bioshock Infinite

Default Bioshock Infinite

[youtube]pV_TDxl2UIo[/youtube]

Well, hopefully this is better then the 2nd one. Ken Levine is the creative force behind this one so I have my hopes up.

Default Re: Bioshock Infinite

Damn I was just about to post this one.

Thanks for saving me the trouble, though. Hopefully it's better than the second one

At the beginning of the video I was like NOOOOO!!! Not again!!! But when his head got pulled out of the fish tank I didn't know how to react. Really good video by any means. Poor guy can't catch a break.

I love the plot twist in the trailer. Before watching it all I heard was that it took place in 1912 and it was a prequel of some sorts which left me feeling :\ but then I watched the trailer....

Of course I'm getting this game. I hope it has a good plot AND is an open world.

Okay, other than the fact that Bioshock 2 was not as good as Bioshock 1 (which...please....), I seriously don't know why everyone hates Bioshock 2 so much. I had a shit load of fun with it, online or offline.

Quote Originally Posted by Insider2000 View Post
    Okay, other than the fact that Bioshock 2 was not as good as Bioshock 1 (which...please....), I seriously don't know why everyone hates Bioshock 2 so much. I had a shit load of fun with it, online or offline.
    Well, story wise it really didn't do it for me. I felt no emotional connection to it all. Gameplay wise however, it really was an improvement on the first game. Really didn't play the online at all. I don't play Bioshock for its online.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
    Well, story wise it really didn't do it for me. I felt no emotional connection to it all. Gameplay wise however, it really was an improvement on the first game. Really didn't play the online at all. I don't play Bioshock for its online.
    Emotionally, I didn't care about a lot of the characters either. However, I ADORED Elanore, especiall towards the end. And Lamb was a semi-decent replacement for Ryan (though nothing will ever compare to Ryan).

And I didn't step into Bioshock 2 wanting to play online. I tried it, and found it addicting.

Emotionally, I didn't care about a lot of the characters either. However, I ADORED Elanore, especiall towards the end. And Lamb was a semi-decent replacement for Ryan (though nothing will ever compare to Ryan).

And I didn't step into Bioshock 2 wanting to play online. I tried it, and found it addicting.
    Which ending did you do? I did the good ending and was pissed the my character still ended up dieing.

looks good so is this a bioshock 3 in the sky, no more rapture?

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
    Which ending did you do? I did the good ending and was pissed the my character still ended up dieing.
    Yeah, I got the good ending. But I knew the character was going to die from the start. Tenebaum said so that moment you woke up.

Besides, I'm okay dying knowing the Elanore will continue to be kick ass.

Quote Originally Posted by Une-K View Post
    looks good so is this a bioshock 3 in the sky, no more rapture?
    I think it was mentioned that it was a prequel of sorts, but we'll see.

Gotta say, I loved the rose scene in the trailer. Really cool.

Did anyone noticed the girls reaction? Reminded me so much of some kind of pixar film. Well I'm hoping this will have the atmosphere the first one had.

Bioshock 2 had better gameplay and a better story than the first but the sense of exploration was missing as well as the fear/surprise factor.

I really like both games but I'm glad to see we aren't underwater again.

Then it brings up the question, is it going to be scary?
    The cunning ones kneel before six masters, but serve only one.

http://www.joystiq.com/2010/08/12/bi...inite-preview/

It sounds interesting enough for me and, no, it will not be scary. Most of the reason for that is because there are normal people in this game and you are in the sky.

Okay, other than the fact that Bioshock 2 was not as good as Bioshock 1, I seriously don't know why everyone hates Bioshock 2 so much. I had a shit load of fun with it,offline.
    well said, except fer online. it was an embarrassment, and it obviously wasn't as good as bioshock 1, but i still love it. i shat some heavy bricks when i saw that trailer fer infinite, though.

===========

treasure island -------> treasure planet

bioshock 1 & 2 -------> bioshock Infinite

===========

it's neat, cuz it has a relatively similar story, has relatively similar characters(big daddy, eleanor, etc), but it is a completely different environment.

anyone else think the guy who was listening to music looked like a young andrew ryan?YES, this is 50 years before 1 & 2, and it IS horribly unlikely, but they also invented vita chambers, soooooooo.

Quote Originally Posted by Jarhead View Post
    Then it brings up the question, is it going to be scary?
    I'm sorry, but Bioshock was never scary.

Post Re: Bioshock Infinite

I'm sorry, but Bioshock was never scary.
    Well compared to something like deadspace it definately was not scary, but it did have it's own creepy atmosphere. The feeling of being completely alone and powerless definitely made some scenes give you goosebumps. Like when you first get the shotgun and the lights go out. That was pretty scary. Or when you first went down into Rapture and the guy died in front of you.

I think you could call this the "curse" of a game with highly-celebrated execution. In most cases video game sequels are a good thing because game concepts and styles are a dime a dozen these days and the only thing that distinguishes most of them is how well the gameplay works. So in a sequel you do the same thing all over again, but with slightly updated graphics, a few more bells and whistles and a better molded gameplay.

But the setting, story, characters, aesthetic, etc of Bioshock were very well received on its release, and the game being good always helps. By making a sequel and doing what almost every developer does (rehashing the first game with tweaks here and there) they basically ignored the creative impact of the game on players. It sucks for them because they can't actually make another "Bioshock" but that's the price of brilliance.

It's like Jurassic Park 2. You can have twice as many exciting scenes and twice as many dinosaurs, but you will never outdo the original tension and surprise of seeing the puddle of water rippling with T-rex footsteps. Putting the same thing in the second movie is doomed to be a shadow of the first.

When I first head about it I groaned. Bioshock 2 was piss-easy and just wasn't quite as good as the first (except for Sinclair. He was just awesomeness.)

This looks awesome. I'm already liking the new Big Daddy and from the sounds of it you are two different chars.

I'm hoping it'll have the creepiness factor the first game had.

El Sucio Sánchez SantoryuMaster97's Avatar

Played the 1st and beat it, loved it.

Lol first impression of trailer...."Sky Island?"

Are we finally gonna get somekind of side quest mission or love story?
    Survivor of the Ivotas Holocaust!

XboxLive Gamertag: Big Evil99
    Addiction defines Gravity. Speed over addiction

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information