+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Thread: Let's fight! For Darkstalkers 4!

Default Re: Let's fight! For Darkstalkers 4!

But at least Bioware (much like Blizzard) fights their "tyrannic" bosses on principles.

Capcom answers to who?

Cuz I'm 110% sure they're the problem here.

Unless they got merged, in which case I'll stfu x.x
    Last edited by StrawHatRican; July 22nd, 2011 at 12:43 PM. Reason: EA woulda launched SWTOR last year if it was up to them :o

http://venturebeat.com/2012/03/03/in...rks-exclusive/

Hmmm. . .

Hope in the horizon??

BTW, this was also reported on meristation.com, probably the most famous videogame portal in Spain, so maybe this is something to be trust. Apparently, the source is the same that confirmed Resident Evil 6.

I've never played a Darkstalkers game, but I'll be damned if I don't like the character designs.

If they DO release a new one, though, then Capcom would be supporting FOUR DIFFERENT FIGHTING GAMES at once. Is it the 90's again?

Can't wait to play some Ruby Heart.

@Big_Bad_Lith: I think they're worth a try. I was pleasantly surprised to see the histerical sense of (dark) humor in the game. It's almost a comedy fighter.
    I say I was surprised cause before playing the game, I watched the 4 episode OVA, and it was like incredibly dark and tried to be existentialist and. . .well. After I played the game, yeah, it had NOTHING to do with it.

Gameplay wise, you'll be surprised to have so many familiar elements with other sagas: chain combos (wPunch->wKick->mPunch->mKick, etc. . .), the ES attacks (I don't know if it was the saga were Capcom first used them), and the Super Combos. The gameplay is quite fast, in fact, the game doesn't "stop" everytime we make a Super Combo unlike other Capcom games, and in fact, by DS 3 you could add up as much SC gauge as you could gather, without limit.

@Insider2000; Ruby Heart? Am I missing something?

Quote Originally Posted by kouch_lee View Post
    @Insider2000; Ruby Heart? Am I missing something?
    Ruby Heart, the pirate chick from Marvel vs Capcom 2, was originally meant to be created for Darkstalkers. The same goes for Amingo. Chances are they'll be brought back for Darkstalkers 4. I can't fucking wait.

Oh, I didn't know about that! Amingo does look Darkstalkers like, Ruby not as much, but I thought both their designs rocked (although I sucked playing them).

I hope we'll have some form of confirmation some time in the (near) future. This ought to be good!

Rose from Street Fighter has always felt like she was basically a darkstalkers character as well.

Never anything official, but always felt that way to me.
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.
    https://www.viz.com/shonenjump

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

Rose could work both ways. She is not out of place in the Street Fighter world, and she would be completely fine in a Darkstalkers game (although her attacks would need to up their crazyness).

Off-topic, but her design has so many cool things going for it. First, its direct inspiration is Lisa Lisa from Jojo part 2, both my favorite Jojo part and my favorite female character from that manga. Second, and I may be alone here, but man does she remind me of Monica Bellucci. . .

Quote Originally Posted by kouch_lee View Post
    Oh, I didn't know about that! Amingo does look Darkstalkers like, Ruby not as much, but I thought both their designs rocked (although I sucked playing them).

I hope we'll have some form of confirmation some time in the (near) future. This ought to be good!
    I rocked a pretty good Ruby Heart, so I can't wait to play her again in something other than Marvel vs Capcom 2. And I think Ruby fits in, what with B.B. Hood being such a legendary character for fans and Ruby Heart being far more mystic (much like the rest of the Darkstalker crew) unlike BB. Either way, I'm pretty sure both her and Amingo will be in the game. Marvel 3 clearly showed that neither character was forgotten.

Quote Originally Posted by RobbyBevard View Post
    Rose from Street Fighter has always felt like she was basically a darkstalkers character as well.

Never anything official, but always felt that way to me.
    Yeah, I can see that. She'd fit right in due to her powers, but either way, she actually has plot importance to Street Fighter, what with being Bison's clone and all. Regardless, I love myself some Rose, and I'd love to play her along with Morrigan and Ruby.

Shit... Bison from SF Alpha (post SFII anime) felt like a Darkstalkers character o_O

As did Dhalsim...

Quote Originally Posted by Insider2000 View Post
    Ruby Heart, the pirate chick from Marvel vs Capcom 2, was originally meant to be created for Darkstalkers. The same goes for Amingo. Chances are they'll be brought back for Darkstalkers 4. I can't fucking wait.
    If Darkstalkers 4 happens, and Amingo is in it, I will buy a copy. I can say that right now. He could be one of only 8 characters, with 16 on-disc DLC characters, with the Super version coming out 3 months later, and the game could be more imbalanced than Brawl, and one of the stages could just be megaman's rotting corpse, and there could be literally no online play at all, and I am telling you right now I would buy it.

If that makes me part of the cancer killing video games, then I don't want the cure.

Quote Originally Posted by Big_Bad_Lith View Post
    If Darkstalkers 4 happens, and Amingo is in it, I will buy a copy. I can say that right now. He could be one of only 8 characters, with 16 on-disc DLC characters, with the Super version coming out 3 months later, and the game could be more imbalanced than Brawl, and one of the stages could just be megaman's rotting corpse, and there could be literally no online play at all, and I am telling you right now I would buy it.

If that makes me part of the cancer killing video games, then I don't want the cure.
    Okay...
    1. The Mega Man corpse thing fucking killed me, and now I kind of want that to happen.
    2. I completely agree with you.

I'm probably going to get the game, what with Morrigan, Felicia, and Ruby. But I agree with you. When the rumor of Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 Extreme came out, I remember saying "I hope it comes out so I can laugh my fucking head off as everyone screams at Capcom 50x harder". However, I also admitted that if Psylocke were in the game, I'd buy it Day 1.

Love is a horrible thing.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information