Closed Thread
Page 1 of 1008 1 2 3 11 51 101 501 1001 ... LastLast

Thread: One Piece Mafia

Banned Rank: Failed Mutineer
    In a Berserk, Near-Death State, running around with an Equalizer

Default One Piece Mafia

The Rules

1 - To Vote Lynch someone, you need to write "Vote: [Name of the user you want to Vote Lynch]" or "Vote Lynch: [Name of the user you want to Vote Lynch]", you may also vote for a No Lynch by writing "Vote: No Lynch", if the majority votes No Lynch, the day ends without any lynch.

2 - You may Unvote or Change your vote, but you can only do so by saying "Unvote" and "Change Vote: [Name of the user]" (or "Change Vote Lynch: [Name of the user]"

3 - As soon as the majority is reached, it immediately counts as a lynch, even if I was away, unvoting or changing your vote won't change anything, and when I come back, it will count as a lynch

4 - Don't PM anyone about this game, especially players (alive or dead), only Mafia can speak about the game outside of the thread, and even then, its only between themselves

5 - Don't copy paste or printscreen the PM's you receive from me, you are free to paraphrase them (and fake them), but you may not copypaste them or printscreen them

6 - Dead men tell no tales, don't speak here if you're dead, wait until the end of the game

7 - Sleeping men tell no tales, don't speak here at night, you're still free to PM your Mafia Partner if you're Mafia, though

8 - DO NOT EDIT YOUR POSTS WHEN THE GAME OFFICIALLY STARTS, THIS WILL RESULT IN INSTA-KILL (<- REALLY IMPORTANT RULE)

I'l be an asshole when it comes to enforcing rule 5 and 8, the other rules won't (or in 4th's case, can't) be enforced, per say, but please, follow them to make this game fun

One Advice

Be smart, as a Townie, if you are unable to avoid 2 kills and lynch 2 wrong people, you will lose your game by the third day
    Be smart, as a Mafia, if you get discovered as a mafia and you get lynched, you will immediately halve the chances of winning the game by 50%, never lose hope, and keep communicating with your buddy asking for help, remember, you're the minority but you have all the information you need to kick some townie ass

LIST OF PLAYERS (8/8)

-Cyber-Robin
    -Mettemine
    -Maki707
    -kmohyudin
    -Emolisher
    -Vorlianis
    -Nectar
    -Arei
    Last edited by SGRaaize; August 3rd, 2010 at 02:07 PM.

Default Re: Would you guys be interested in playing a One Piece Themed Mafia Game?

Sounds interesting. Although somewhat complicated. Although it would kinda suck if there was a certain user people hated and everyone voted them to be killed off immediately each and every time. (or do you get a couple of chars?)

Default Re: Would you guys be interested in playing a One Piece Themed Mafia Game?

It sounds cool though complicated :S
    I would play, though probably not on a daily basis

Its not complicated, it may look like it, but at the second day everyone is used to it already.
    And well, although you can, theoretically lynch someone because you hate that guy, you'l definitely be sorry for it when he turns out to be the only Cop (guy who targets someone and finds out if he's good or bad) or the only Doctor (guy who targets someone and protects him from a kill)

Lynching someone basing yourself on the user and not the player will undoubtedly be very unhelpful to the town

Wait. Doctors? Cops?

It does seem a little complicated. I mean. You post during the day. Is it RP or something? Surely those who post during the day people are gonna figure out if they're good or bad due to their actions? I'm a little bit confused really XD

So it's like.

Robin, Chopper, Luffy, Zoro, Nami and Sanji are townies. Blackbeard, Lafitte, Shiryuu, Auger is Scum.

During the day the Townies go about their business or whatever and decide to vote out Zoro. But he's good but dies anyways?

Next day they vote out Auger and he is bad so he dies?

I take it that during this Blackbeard etc are trying to vote out the good guys. So during PMs they all get together and vote out Robin. Robin dies and she is out of the game.

Doesn't this give the Scum a bit of an advantage? If there's say 5 people on each team. It's easy for the Scum to all get together and kill the Townies since they already know who is good whereas if you are good it's harder since you don't know who is good and who isn't?

i know the game , in my country it's called like this:
    Spoiler:

i want to particepate when i have time
    Quote Originally Posted by Kitsune Inferno View Post
    You are a treasure.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyber-Robin View Post
    Wait. Doctors? Cops?
    There are plenty of basic roles in the Mafia game, the most basic of them are Doctors and Cops, but there are more that the mod can create to spice things up.
    You don't really have to worry, though, your role will be as well explained as possible on the PM that (would be)/is sent to you

It does seem a little complicated. I mean. You post during the day. Is it RP or something? Surely those who post during the day people are gonna figure out if they're good or bad due to their actions? I'm a little bit confused really XD
    In the day, you only talk, you discuss, and there's no in-character at all or RP
    It would be like, say:
    SGR: I investigated metteminne, the guy was scum
    Cyber-Robin: Why should we trust you?
    SGR: Why not? What do you have to lose?
    Cyber-Robin: You can be a scum trying to make us lose one townie

Etc etc, the point being that you share what happened that night and you try to find something on the person's speech or way to act (for example, lurkers are for the most part scum, and people who are actively trying to look like they're helping while not doing anything at all also tend to be scum, etc, etc)

So it's like.

Robin, Chopper, Luffy, Zoro, Nami and Sanji are townies. Blackbeard, Lafitte, Shiryuu, Auger is Scum.

During the day the Townies go about their business or whatever and decide to vote out Zoro. But he's good but dies anyways?

Next day they vote out Auger and he is bad so he dies?

I take it that during this Blackbeard etc are trying to vote out the good guys. So during PMs they all get together and vote out Robin. Robin dies and she is out of the game.

Doesn't this give the Scum a bit of an advantage? If there's say 5 people on each team. It's easy for the Scum to all get together and kill the Townies since they already know who is good whereas if you are good it's harder since you don't know who is good and who isn't?
    Nononono
    First things first, the votes are public, so it kinda starts getting obvious when a certain guy is always voting for the good guys and never voting for the bad guys
    Second thing, the mafia is always about 3, 4 or 5 times smaller than the townies, that's the point, the "dumb" majority VS the "smart" minority, the townies can easily finish off the Mafia if they knew who they were, but as long as they don't, the Mafia stand powerful over everything

Oh so it's like that wolf and the rabbits game?
    I would'nt mind trying it.
    Not sure how well it can work online in a thread like this though as i thought the game usually works by interrogating people face to face and trying to see through the lies. Have you played/organised this online before?

By the 7 Sons of Pwngoat! *Meh*'s Avatar

I've played Mafia as a card game before. IIRC, the dealer deals out a card to everyone so that nobody got to choose their role- they could only bluff about it. Who would be designated as the dealer for the online version?
    I'm like Hisotensoku: Not here to preserve peace, nor to destroy it. I certainly can't move mountains. Mostly, I'm just full of hot air.
    - *Meh*

Quote Originally Posted by *Meh* View Post
    I've played Mafia as a card game before. IIRC, the dealer deals out a card to everyone so that nobody got to choose their role- they could only bluff about it. Who would be designated as the dealer for the online version?

same question here
    You are a treasure.

Also about days and nights. What would it be set as? US time? Or another country?

Quote Originally Posted by Maki707 View Post
    Oh so it's like that wolf and the rabbits game?
    I would'nt mind trying it.
    Not sure how well it can work online in a thread like this though as i thought the game usually works by interrogating people face to face and trying to see through the lies. Have you played/organised this online before?
    It can work very well, don't worry, I think it works better, actually, it takes away your ability to see the expression of someone and makes you rely on facts, statements and inaccuracies

Quote Originally Posted by *Meh* View Post
    Yep, in real life, cards are the best way to do it, here:
    http://www.random.org/lists/

Quote Originally Posted by Cyber-Robin View Post
    Also about days and nights. What would it be set as? US time? Or another country?
    Days would be periods that would be long (what, about... I dunno, since this is a forum, 48 hours, about that) but that can also be finished where there's a lynch.
    Nights wouldn't be timed, when all abilities with targetting are sent in, the night is over

but there will be a person who tells the story and tells which role you have right?
    Last edited by Mr M; August 1st, 2010 at 09:25 AM.
    You are a treasure.

Well either way I wanna play. I'm sure if I get something wrong people will correct me.

I think I understand a little bit... Whatever, I am in
    Quote Originally Posted by xterm
    The problem with [the world] is stupidity. I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?
    Thanks Sky for the Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by metteminne View Post
    but there will be a person who tells the story and tells which role you have right?
    Yep, that would be me :)

Alright so, as of now:
    CyberRobin, Maki707 and Kmohyudin in
    Mettemine and PerroLoco possibly

Thumbs up Re: Would you guys be interested in playing a One Piece Themed Mafia Game?

Quote Originally Posted by SGRaaize View Post
    Yep, that would be me :)

Alright so, as of now:
    CyberRobin, Maki707 and Kmohyudin in
    Mettemine and PerroLoco possibly

i am in :)

Good, that makes 4
    We need 8 to play, although the perfect number would be 16

I'd like to take part in this game. I wish you to provide me further information about my role when the time comes.
    Sheesh, I wonder if there are still people who remember me from a few years back.

"randomly wanders in" Oh looks cool can i join?

Closed Thread

Thread Information