Closed Thread
Page 2 of 1008 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 102 502 1002 ... LastLast

Thread: One Piece Mafia

Default Re: Would you guys be interested in playing a One Piece Themed Mafia Game?

i wanna be warden, i mean i wanna play

Quote Originally Posted by Bobjr View Post
    When I die I want to get shot out of a cannon. Scare the hell out of someone.

Banned Rank: Failed Mutineer
    In a Berserk, Near-Death State, running around with an Equalizer

Default Re: Would you guys be interested in playing a One Piece Themed Mafia Game?

Quote Originally Posted by Vepe View Post
    I'd like to take part in this game. I wish you to provide me further information about my role when the time comes.
    I'l give you all the information you'l need, and even if you doubt something, you can ask by PM :)

Alright, first post edited, the limit is 16 players, hopefully, we manage to get 16 players, but anything about 8 is fine

So do we get to choose which OP char we want or something? I'm assuming that's what makes it OP themed?

You will be randomly assigned a One Piece character, if you got to decide, it would be unbalanced, unfortunately

Oh....so I could be someone I don't even like? How lame.

Never played before, but I'll give it a shot.

NNID: jervinnectar

I guess, derp
    The thing is, I have to balance it between fun and balanced, so the two options are:

1) You choose your character, but the power and personality of the character may have to be changed to balance the game and not make you underpowered/overpowered

2) I create the characters and assign you randomly, all of them perfectly balanced, something that also helps the flavor of the game

Well I'm gonna wait and see who I get before committing myself 100%. No fun at all if I'm somebody I don't like. Unless of course there is a wide variety of ones to choose from. From a variety of genders and popularity in the series.
    Last edited by Cyber-Robin; August 1st, 2010 at 02:34 PM.

Blergh, so you gonna just leave if you end up having Usopp or something? I mean, I ain't obviously gonna cheat so that you end up having a awesome character

I don't mind having Usopp. I do mind being someone like Franky, Zoro, Sanji, or a Supernova, Or a Shichibuki, or Smoker, or one of WB's lot.

Oh, come on, so you're gonna seriously stop playing the game if you end up having Whitebeard or something?
    I'm not even sure what characters to put in the game, but that's just silly

It's no fun if I'm not even gonna want my char to survive. I wanna play but there's just no fun if I don't like the char i've been assigned to. Kinda defeats the point of the game.

:\
    Well, I mean, I'm in no position to want less people in the game, considering the interest in this game being kinda null, but I definitely don't recommend you playing this, because it'l be pretty gamebreaking and unfun if you decide to stop playing the game because you ended up having Franky as your character. Specially if he's like the only cop of the game.

Well why don't you just put up a list of chars you are thinking of putting in the game and then we can just choose? We don't need to know what side they are on or whatever. Or have two or three chars for each profession.

But end of the day. I play games to have fun. I know I won't have fun if I'm stuck with a char I'd rather see dead than the enemy.

To be honest all I thought it was gonna be is that everyone chooses a char and then you randomise what they do and what team they are on etc.

Because spoiling the flavor of the game would suck and because it would be unfair to have some people getting to choose their characters first, also, because that's just not how Mafia games work

*shrug* well like I said. I wanna play but I'm not playing if I get a char I hate.

I honestly don't see the problem with it myself but I don't even understand half the rules. I just assumed we were gonna be randomly assigned to be 'Good' or 'Bad and that's it.

I don't care what profession I'm made to be. I just want to have fun with a char I actually like.

The thing is that if it goes like that, I'l obviously have to change some stuff not to make sense

For example, imagine 5 players play, and they all choose different characters, for example, Killer, Chopper, Whitebeard, Blackbeard and Ace, now I gotta put one of them bad, let's say I choose Blackbeard.
    Now, I have to balance this out, in a situation like this, I make Blackbeard the killer, Chopper the doctor, now, what do I do with the 4 other characters? I put Killer... the investigator? Whitebeard... a miller (character that if investigated turns out bad)? Ace... the mayor?

You see what I mean, I can make you choose characters, but then I'd have to make it completely nonsensical

It has to make sense?

Personally I don't care if my own char doesn't make sense. I just want to be someone I remotely like. I don't care if I choose for example Vivi and end up being the Mafia overlord or whatever. Actually in my opinion that would be even more amusing while playing the game.

Hell in my mind that would make it even harder for people to figure things out. Having chars with professions that don't make sense. Anyone can figure out that Blackbeard or another enemy char is a Mafia while Law or Chopper is a Doctor. However figuring out that Domino is the Mayor while Gedatsu is a Mafia overlord while Zoro is the Doctor is a lot more tougher.

Well, if the rest of the users share your opinion, then I guess I can make it like that, then
    Although I don't really like the idea, but sure, if you guys agree, I'l do it like that

Well like I said. It doesn't have to make sense really.

Although could you make sure you update the first post with all of these rules. This really should have been something that was mentioned on the first post (along with the stuff like the Doctor, Cop, Mayor etc.

Closed Thread

Thread Information