+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 24 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 ... LastLast

Thread: OneManga is Closing Shop

Default Re: OneManga is Closing Shop

This is sad. I mean ardent manga readers already have a set of other websites to read manga from, but introducing manga to new readers is going to be harder now. It's easy to hook someone up with free content. Telling people to buy an obscure hobby item is far more difficult (manga would be considered obscure by its exorbitant prices, if it cost $2.50 per magazine and $5 per volume, life as a manga fan would be much better).

Damn, currently downloading my fav series like crazy =_=

I'm glad that I made a start with downloading when Raw-Paradise closed down.

The Problem is not the fall of Onemanga.

If i wanted a scan of one of the big 3, there were always faster and higher quality site, like mangastream.
    But Onemanga was easy to navigate and had an acceptable amount of advertisment.
    And the most important thing, it had a wide varity of mangas.
    It will be a pain in the ass to find another site with such high standards.

But thats not the reason iam troubled about this matter. If they are finished with Onemanga and the rest of the big sites, who know where they will look into next.

I dont want to say Arlong Park is next in the line, but the direction this is going doesnt look good.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaptain_Kabul View Post
    I dont want to say Arlong Park is next in the line, but the direction this is going doesnt look good.
    Errr.. Why would they target us? We are just a internet forum discussing about the illegal mangascans, not exactly sharing them, atleast yet that is. They have absolutely no reason at all to attack this community.
    In Loving Memory of Toraish, Rex Avium: http://apforums.net/showthread.php?t=40786 | 3DS Friend Code: 3196-4274-7836

Default Re: One Manga closing

Quote Originally Posted by Zach Logan View Post
    Well put.
    VIZ on the other hand I have more of a problem with because there's no simul-mangacast, or even a semi-simul-mangacast. Maybe one day, and on that day I'd be happy to see all these sites go away. At least Mangastream is trying to stay out of FUNis way by only having four chapters up at a time. It does make a difference.
    I actually brought up in my older post that Viz IS doing this with Rumiko Takahashi's Rin-ne where they are releasing the manga chapters on a weekly basis keeping up with the Japanese release. It's not Shonen Jump but since they own the English rights to One Piece it could be a possibility they would do this. The only problem is if not done correctly it could hurt the sales of their monthly Shonen Jump magazine. Rin-ne, for example, always takes down the older chapters once the volume is put into print. Point is Viz has been doing this with this and few other series, in the Shonen Sunday label, for a year now and it's very possible they could expand to Shonen Jump material as well.

O-chan
    Check out my artwork and my musings here:
    http://o-chan30.blogspot.com/
    http://ochan28.deviantart.com/

Quote Originally Posted by S.C. Amigo View Post
    I'll always remember One-Magna for such things as spawning AGOG, have that chpater when Kuma and Doflamingo are introduced with horrible mistranslation after minstranslation and the BB VS Ace fight, where they gave Blackbeard a Scottish accent for some reason.
    After I read that, I had to look up that chapter on OneManga. I lol'd

Donquixote Doflamingo = Tanjiado Lofulamingo
    Bartholomew Kuma = Bisoromi Bear
    Sengoku = Zango
    Marshall D. Teach = Masuru D. Chocheh
    Van Auger = Cloud Ouga
    Jesus Burgess = Xusasu Basasu

Seriously WTF

Any other sites where I can read JoJo's Bizarre Adventure?

Quote Originally Posted by SSJLuffy View Post
    Any other sites where I can read JoJo's Bizarre Adventure?
    Here, but it doesn't seem to have all the chapters.

Good riddance to rubbish.
    この世に悪があるとすればそれは人の心だ。

This kills me because I can't read both One Piece and Dengeki Daisy anymore :C
    Quote Originally Posted by Drake_Cloud View Post
    He didn't come back because he thought he could win, he came back because he's a goddamn hero and that's what heroes do.

Discovered Stowaway

Google -> "manga online"

Hot damn, sons, this bitch be still alive!

Quote Originally Posted by Dryish View Post
    Errr.. Why would they target us? We are just a internet forum discussing about the illegal mangascans, not exactly sharing them, atleast yet that is. They have absolutely no reason at all to attack this community.
    Maybe not the whole forum but the weekly releases and spoilers could be a target.
    And i know of other fansites (warhammer) who were threatend with lawsuit.

Its not that the company has the right or gets the right in court. But if you run a fansite and get sued for XXX.000 amount of money. Do you take the risk?
    Those fans and discussion sites went down, even when they didnt do anything wrong.They just were afraid of the huge sums in the lawsuit.

That works not only in US, it also works in germany that way. Just threat someone with a costly lawsuit and he will close his page. Because if you loose, you are screwed for the rest of your life.

Theres a german proverb:
    "Vor Gericht und auf hoher See, bist du in Gottes Hand."

translation

"One is solely in God's hands before the court and on the high seas!"

I dont want to spread panic, i myself dont think Arlong park is a target atm.
    But i watch the direction things go carefully and this step with OM is the first step in the wrong direction, maybe more will follow.

Discovered Stowaway piratemarimo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by InvaderP View Post
    After I read that, I had to look up that chapter on OneManga. I lol'd

Donquixote Doflamingo = Tanjiado Lofulamingo
    Bartholomew Kuma = Bisoromi Bear
    Sengoku = Zango
    Marshall D. Teach = Masuru D. Chocheh
    Van Auger = Cloud Ouga
    Jesus Burgess = Xusasu Basasu

Seriously WTF
    I second that! how in the hell does that happen??

and even though it was really convenient (if crappy at times), I don't think the fall of onemanga will stop the fans.

A real rain will come... JERK DISEASE's Avatar

Directly attacking a fan board that at most just makes the newest chapter/episode publicaly spread without any form of chapter database seems like a waste of time.
    1. Ace (), 2. WB (), 3. BB (X), 4. Perona () 5. Boa () 6. Jimbei (???), 7. Sabo lives (), 8. Timeskip ()

I can't say I'm completely surprised...but I'm disappointed all the same.

Quote Originally Posted by JERK DISEASE View Post
    Directly attacking a fan board that at most just makes the newest chapter/episode publicaly spread without any form of chapter database seems like a waste of time.
    Companies have wasted lots of time "stopping" "piracy" before

Ehhh, I don't read much manga besides One Piece and....Naruto (). Plus, I have the first 48 volumes of One Piece that I can read, so this won't affect me much. But, I feel bad for the people it will effect.

That darn RIAA at it again
    Quote Originally Posted by Cap'n Carter View Post
    Good thing that everytime I'm afraid I'll have the will to live I can browse Arlong Park have it utterly eliminated

I understand why they have to close, but it'll make finding new series and reading old ones so much harder. I know I probably won't have the energy or patience to go and search for various sites around the web for every series I want to follow, rather than to have them all conveniently in the same place.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information