+ Reply to Thread
Page 321 of 321 FirstFirst ... 221 271 311 319 320 321
Results 6,401 to 6,409 of 6409

Thread: Avatar: The Last Airbender/Legend of Korra

Default Re: Avatar: The Last Airbender/Legend of Korra

Can someone fill me in on what happened with Zuko's mom?

in the follow up books?

Spoiler:
    After poisoning Azulon, She ends up going back to her old village and meets her old lover who changed faces thanks to Koh's mom, the mother of faces, and also erased her memory. Ended up starting another fam with her old lover. Zuko, Azula, and the gang go to find her because of some implication that Zuko may not be Ozai's kid (which is, of course, just bait for the plot without any actual substance). Anyway they restore her face and memories and bring her back to the fire nation mainland

Quote Originally Posted by TLC View Post
    Can someone fill me in on what happened with Zuko's mom?
    Spoiler:
    She had magic face change and amnesia to keep her safe all these years with zero repercussions for her actions and not worry about Zuko at all while she lived a happy life with a new family.

Also Azula is totally a good guy and can absolutely be trusted. Until she runs away to not be seen again until whenever the hell she shows up.
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.
    https://www.viz.com/shonenjump

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

What I got from the show is that Ozai convince her to king the previous king so Zuko would be safe but she would have to be exiled.

And in terms of guessing I would have placed her as random lady in earth kingdom or living in some remote region of the fire Nation or being a couple years later(peacefully but with the one regret of not seeing Zuko).

She made a deal with Ozai to be the bad guy(kill the king) so Zuko could live and she couldn't come back as long as he was in power. Simple enough.

The comic
    Spoiler:

sounds more meh than infuriating.

I don't need her to be torturing herself so her having another family doesn't bother me.

But I really don't see the point of the face change. Amnesia should be enough. Especially with an old lover.

But I never read it. Last Airbender was good enough as it is and sequels tends to make stories a little too crowd pleasing or main characters to perfect/godly.

Two sentence summaries aren't quite the same as seeing it unfold over 200 pages... over the course of nine months.

It was... not good.
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.
    https://www.viz.com/shonenjump

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

I wouldn't say it wasn't good, but it's wasn't worth the hype, at all. I'd say its average at best. The stories that come after are better, even though I feel they're quickly paced and are only there to fill in the gap between then and how the world becomes more industrial by the time Korra becomes Avatar.

NNID: jervinnectar

It was not good.

Guess some things are truly best left unsaid (or unwritten).
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284

It was bad. .
    Quote Originally Posted by Wagomu View Post
    There's a great lighthearted vibe around here, because no matter how serious we might get, we're all together because of some magical pirate.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information