+ Reply to Thread
Page 30 of 320 FirstFirst ... 20 28 29 30 31 32 40 80 130 ... LastLast

Thread: Avatar: The Last Airbender/Legend of Korra

Default Re: Avatar: The Last Airbender

I've been seeing a lot of double/triple posts lately.

I just watched it. I hope Toph lives.

I like the show, too.
    First season was a bit lame in the beginning, but hey it was good toget known with the characters and so on and the season final was really good.

But second season purly kicked ass.The fight in the palace was one of the best fighting scenes i ever watched.

I hope it doesn't get too dark, as I've always liked the fairly upbeat tone of the show.

Quote Originally Posted by Rild View Post
    I just watched it. I hope Toph lives.
    toph was just embarrassed cause they made her wear shoes:

that's why she was hiding for most of the trailer. she was in it though, at -0:36 and -0:31 i'd say.
    Yibis One Piece Fansubs
    http://yibis.com - #yibis@irc.rizon.net

Those that want to know about the show without too much spoiling might want to watch the clips about the fighting styles of the four elements. Btw, the martial arts expert of avatar is the sifu of Bryan Konietzko, one of the two creators/producers ;-)

http://video.google.de/videosearch?q...+the+legend%22

Those are extras from the season 1 dvd.
    Yibis One Piece Fansubs

And Sokka's taking the place of Jet as the badass warrior.. I hope this isn't the last book

I remember it being confirmed that Avatar was a 60 episode series.

Banned Rank: Failed Mutineer

This show is okay, I watch it sometimes. Ive only seen like 10 episodes. What happened at the end of last season? I would be a bit more interested but the main characters are sort of uninteresting to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Killerfly View Post
    I remember it being confirmed that Avatar was a 60 episode series.
    Yeah, that's actually part of what makes this a great show. the creators knew from the beginning that this story would be told in 3 books/seasons and no more.
    Yibis One Piece Fansubs

Quote Originally Posted by Moria View Post
    This show is okay, I watch it sometimes. Ive only seen like 10 episodes. What happened at the end of last season? I would be a bit more interested but the main characters are sort of uninteresting to me.
    Spoiler:
    Let's see here...Princess Azula teams up with the Dai Li (and later controls them) to overthrow Earth King, Toph learns to bend metal, Zuko stupidly betrays Uncle Iroh and teams up with Azula, Aang finally enters and controls the Avatar State, but before he can do anything, Azula shoots him in the back with lightning (which may or may not have killed him), the gaang escape the city with the Earth King, Katara revives Aang using special water, and Ba Sing Se falls to the Fire Nation.

Yeah, a lot of stuff went down in that finale.

Well, I just put it on Nicktoons Network and it seems to be a mini-marathon. The first episode is on now.

After that there is an episode called "Avatar: Secret of the Fire Nation", then an episode about running from pirates, and finally an episode entitled "Jet". Are these in order? Cause I notice the fire nation one is labeled (2006).

Quote Originally Posted by Buuhan1 View Post
    Well, I just put it on Nicktoons Network and it seems to be a mini-marathon. The first episode is on now.

After that there is an episode called "Avatar: Secret of the Fire Nation", then an episode about running from pirates, and finally an episode entitled "Jet". Are these in order? Cause I notice the fire nation one is labeled (2006).
    Yikes, no those aren't in order at all.

Secret of the Fire Nation is from season two, and the rest are from season one.

"Jet" is a great episode, and introdues Jet who plays a bigger part in season two.

I remember an interview where the creators said the plan was always to have Aang defeat the Fire Lord in season 3, and that the story would play out over three seasons. Luckily the show was popular enough to allow them to do so. I think they also mentioned that if they do more, it'd just be a new story arc.

I'm sure Nick would be interested in more, seeing as it's one of their big 3 shows right now. Of course, it'd also require the creators wanting to do more and having a good story idea.
    ArticUNO ZapDOS MolTRES!!!!!!!!

Holy crap, I never noticed that!

Reverse the polarity! Senshi Mizaka's Avatar

The one about pirates is right before "Jet". Theyr'e both in the first season. But the "Secret of the Fire Nation" is in season 2.
    Rappin' Chopper:

"Yo; I was a reindeer livin' out in 'da snow! But then this old geeza' doctor brought me into his home! After healin' my wounds, I felt real phat. Then, old docta' Hiruk gave me this blingin' hat! My family beat me, shunt me, but it's all tight. Because I'm doin' my doctor remedies all night. I look like freak with my Human Human fruit. But now I'm with some gangsta' pirates who like to steal loot! All the girls like my blue nose. Yeah; it's the way that I get the *Record scratching*. Usopp's the guy with all 'da glory. He's my main man with all his tight stories. Zolo's Santoryu skills are on ice. You betta' watch out, or you gonna get sliced! Sanji's the cook servin' up the main dish. Don't mess with him, unless that's your wish. Luffy's 'da captain with the straw hat! His Gum Gum skills are real real tight. Vivi's the princess of Alabasta. Now we gotta head there, and we betta' do it faster!"

Well, so much for that then. I'll just finish the last half an hour of episode 1 and change the channel. I'm enjoying episode 1 so far.

Reverse the polarity! Senshi Mizaka's Avatar

The trailer for season 3 is getting me more excited. It should give me something to watch until LOST comes back next year.
    Rappin' Chopper:

"Yo; I was a reindeer livin' out in 'da snow! But then this old geeza' doctor brought me into his home! After healin' my wounds, I felt real phat. Then, old docta' Hiruk gave me this blingin' hat! My family beat me, shunt me, but it's all tight. Because I'm doin' my doctor remedies all night. I look like freak with my Human Human fruit. But now I'm with some gangsta' pirates who like to steal loot! All the girls like my blue nose. Yeah; it's the way that I get the *Record scratching*. Usopp's the guy with all 'da glory. He's my main man with all his tight stories. Zolo's Santoryu skills are on ice. You betta' watch out, or you gonna get sliced! Sanji's the cook servin' up the main dish. Don't mess with him, unless that's your wish. Luffy's 'da captain with the straw hat! His Gum Gum skills are real real tight. Vivi's the princess of Alabasta. Now we gotta head there, and we betta' do it faster!"

Banned Rank: Failed Mutineer

LOST became just a bundle of confusement for me. Well, Avatar is on like every weekdays at 3:30 central time IN ORDER, so I'm gonna start there.

As kiddy as the show was, I still actually enjoyed it, and has been the only good show nick's made since Invader Zim.

I think Nick will beg them for a spin-off of some sort, and they'll exploit it for all it's worth. They've already started but as soon as it ends you know they'll make a sequel that absolutely sucks. I think some things are good and just need to end when they end.

But September 21st? Great, now the new episodes will begin to take away from my Halo 3 time.

Quote Originally Posted by GearSecond View Post
    As kiddy as the show was, I still actually enjoyed it, and has been the only good show nick's made since Invader Zim.

I think Nick will beg them for a spin-off of some sort, and they'll exploit it for all it's worth. They've already started but as soon as it ends you know they'll make a sequel that absolutely sucks. I think some things are good and just need to end when they end.

But September 21st? Great, now the new episodes will begin to take away from my Halo 3 time.
    Yeah the creators said that they weren't "done" with the world of Avatar.

Quote Originally Posted by The Cryokinetic View Post
    Yeah the creators said that they weren't "done" with the world of Avatar.
    there are some funny speculations about aang repeopling the world with airbenders.

the resulting gene pool might be a bit small though :D
    Yibis One Piece Fansubs

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information