+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 318 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 102 ... LastLast

Thread: Avatar: The Last Airbender/Legend of Korra

Reverse the polarity! Senshi Mizaka's Avatar

Actually, they're still on the first season. This episode was more of a filler; it didn't have Zuko or anything.
    Rappin' Chopper:

"Yo; I was a reindeer livin' out in 'da snow! But then this old geeza' doctor brought me into his home! After healin' my wounds, I felt real phat. Then, old docta' Hiruk gave me this blingin' hat! My family beat me, shunt me, but it's all tight. Because I'm doin' my doctor remedies all night. I look like freak with my Human Human fruit. But now I'm with some gangsta' pirates who like to steal loot! All the girls like my blue nose. Yeah; it's the way that I get the *Record scratching*. Usopp's the guy with all 'da glory. He's my main man with all his tight stories. Zolo's Santoryu skills are on ice. You betta' watch out, or you gonna get sliced! Sanji's the cook servin' up the main dish. Don't mess with him, unless that's your wish. Luffy's 'da captain with the straw hat! His Gum Gum skills are real real tight. Vivi's the princess of Alabasta. Now we gotta head there, and we betta' do it faster!"

Did anyone see last night's episode? It wasn't the best, but it was good. Let's just say that it focuses more on Sokka and Katara than Aang.
    Rappin' Chopper:

"Yo; I was a reindeer livin' out in 'da snow! But then this old geeza' doctor brought me into his home! After healin' my wounds, I felt real phat. Then, old docta' Hiruk gave me this blingin' hat! My family beat me, shunt me, but it's all tight. Because I'm doin' my doctor remedies all night. I look like freak with my Human Human fruit. But now I'm with some gangsta' pirates who like to steal loot! All the girls like my blue nose. Yeah; it's the way that I get the *Record scratching*. Usopp's the guy with all 'da glory. He's my main man with all his tight stories. Zolo's Santoryu skills are on ice. You betta' watch out, or you gonna get sliced! Sanji's the cook servin' up the main dish. Don't mess with him, unless that's your wish. Luffy's 'da captain with the straw hat! His Gum Gum skills are real real tight. Vivi's the princess of Alabasta. Now we gotta head there, and we betta' do it faster!"

Hellmaster

I agree. This show is amazing. Which is exactly why it will be cancelled within the forthcoming weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellmaster
    I agree. This show is amazing. Which is exactly why it will be cancelled within the forthcoming weeks.
    Hey, hey, hey; there's no need to be so rude. It won't be; they ordered four seasons of the show. If you don't like the show so much, then don't come spamming on this thread just to say that you hate it.
    Rappin' Chopper:

Hellmaster

Quote Originally Posted by Senshi Mizaka
    Hey, hey, hey; there's no need to be so rude. It won't be; they ordered four seasons of the show. If you don't like the show so much, then don't come spamming on this thread just to say that you hate it.
    Oh, no no no. You got me all wrong. I wasn't trying to bash the show. I meant it will be cancelled because it's on Nickelelodeon and they have this horrible habit of cancelling good shows to make room for more Spongebob or whatever.

I really love this show, and hope it stays on for a long time. I'm sorry I sounded like a jerk. I wasn't trying to troll your thread or nothing. =)

yeah tho i think it has enough popularity for now. and will u please change your avatar/ sig its anooying.

Quote Originally Posted by mr.allsunday
    Nice job jumping on the bandwagon there Aethos, I can only wish I was as cool as you

Yeah; it sucks that Nick cancels good shows to make room for ones that jumped the shark, Spongebob being one of them. I mean, just look at what they did to Invader Zim. It was funny, but I think it got cancelled because it was "inapropriate for kids" or something like that.

Let's just hope that the episode stories still stay strong, and it doesn't go downhill. Friday's episode was a perfect example of a well written one.
    Rappin' Chopper:

We are just that damn maji Dragon Warrior Steve's Avatar

I've watched it long enough, and I don't think it's anything amazing. I can't simply be impressed because "Wow, it's anime, but it's made in America!!" That doesn't appeal to me anymore, since so many now are doing the same. The story, yet kind of interesting is just bland. It doesn't have a plot in which you know what the goal is, it's just "The avatar, wow, people want him dead." And the elements thing has been done so many times, you just can't be amazed by the fact that people can control fire and water anymore. Just look at One Piece though, characters stretch, chop themselves up, turn themselves into blades, and sprout hands out of anywhere, that's original.

When I look at Avatar, I seem the same old stuff; an adventureous youth, a girl out to prove herself, and a lazy ass. When you look at it, it's just nothing new or original, and it's not going to make me like it simply by the fact that it's an anime look-a-like.

Hellmaster

Quote Originally Posted by warp
    and will u please change your avatar/ sig its anooying.
    No can do, amigo.

Dragon Warrior, I can understand how you feel, but you must understand that others, such as myself, like Avatar because it's one of the more serious attempts at animation by an American studio. It may be cliche at some points, but what's important is how it's executed, and Avatar succeeds in that respect. This show doesn't insult a person's intelligent like most of the garbage out on the networks right now.

Also, Senshi, you said they ordered FOUR seasons of the show? Is this true?

Grab the phallic object! Miss White day's Avatar

I find myself liking Avatar: The last Airbender.

Not because it looks like an anime lookalike, but more because it brings back the good ole "Adventurous youth, questing girl and lazy one" plot. What can I say: sometimes it's nice to go back to basics.
    Fans make the fandom. What is your fandom made of?

Hellmaster

Quote Originally Posted by Hellmaster
    Also, Senshi, you said they ordered FOUR seasons of the show? Is this true?
    So...yeah, about my question?

Actually; it was two more seasons. I heard somewhere they the "books" are the seasons, and they plan to do three.
    Rappin' Chopper:

Oh man; Friday's episode was freaking awesome! It really showed that Sokka is smarter than people give him credit for. It mainly focused on Aang, and a new character. I'm not talking about "Jet", but a newer episode. And we get to see some of Kitara's true waterbending.
    Rappin' Chopper:

May I agree that Hellmaster's sig and avatar are really annoying and slightly offensive?

That said, I LOVE Avatar: the Last Airbender. Not because it looks "anime" but because it's an American animation that brings back some of the good stuff. Y'know, from the good old days when American animators weren't bullied by the soccer moms to make sweet, friendly, "no naughtiness!" cartoon crap.

Yeah, Avatar is obviously influenced by anime, but most importantly it has a good plot and likeable characters. It doesn't just try to skim by by adapting all the anime "quirks" like SD faces and such. And the animators actually went to the Shaolin temple to see martial arts in action. Kudos for devotion!

Avatar for me is like the new Gargoyles. And it KILLS me that I am in Japan and can't watch the new episodes!!!!

hmm watching avatar or being in japan...hmmm

ILL THINK ILL TAKE JAPAN!

ill switch with you if you really want lol

Quote Originally Posted by mr.allsunday
    Nice job jumping on the bandwagon there Aethos, I can only wish I was as cool as you

(Am I the only one who finds that ava/sig sort of ironically amusing?)
    (not sure they're meant that way, but... heh.)

I like Avatar: The Last Airbender quite a bit, actually. It's definitely suffering from a hefty dose of cliche and I've Seen This Before, plotwise and themewise; but on the other hand, the writing is very professional. The jokes work, the characters are compelling, and the animation? The animation is beautiful. Hybrid American/Japanese, with the steady cel techniques combined with high frame rate. There're less dramatic, cinematic shots than in your average anime; but the faces are more animated than your average anime. Hybrid.
    Basically, it's a show to watch for character (Sokka!!! and Iroh.) and humor (um... also Sokka...).
    I'm looking forward to seeing where they go with it. It's certainly a kids' show, but a good one; there's nothing wrong with children's literature. (After all, One Piece is, too!)

Nice to see other fans on this board. :)

(Edit: Satsuki: er... so... *cough*BT)

Quote Originally Posted by warp

hmm watching avatar or being in japan...hmmm

ILL THINK ILL TAKE JAPAN!

ill switch with you if you really want lol
    Not as glamorous as you might think. I'm in Kyoto, which means I don't get the TV Tokyo station, which means I can watch almost NO ANIME! The only anime I get is One Piece, the Snow Queen, and the regulars like Crayon Shin-chan and Sazae-san.

Daisuke CP9

I love Avatar. Its even better than those other anime rip-offs.

Yesterday was the season finale. For those of you who didn't see it, I won't say much, except a character dies.
    Rappin' Chopper:

Immoral Combat

That was quite a good episode. I'm looking forward to the next season.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information