+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: MegaMan Universe

Default Re: MegaMan Universe

can i buy it as a disk then, PLEASE. PLEASE!

Come on, Inafune. Please announce Legends 3.

Also, has TGS ended yet?

http://www.capcom.co.jp/megaman_universe/

From GAF:
    Megaman Universe, the player content driven 2.5D platformer due in Spring 2011 for PS3 and Xbox 360 has been canned. Capcom gave no specific reason for the cancellation, but the game will no longer be developed or released.
    Brace for Legends 3 next.

Fuck. Fuck. Fuck.

Sorry for the language, but fuck.

Banned Rank: Failed Mutineer

*Reads post*
    [youtube]zO-v5Iit3IE[/youtube]

WTF! WHY!! who's in charge there. really! is this an april fools joke. >_>

Great sage,equal of heaven Darkstorm's Avatar

No more Little Big Megaman? Ah well, can't say I was counting the days.

Only worrying thing is, the influence for this game was pretty much all Inafune, and its cancellation is almost certainly in some part due to his departure. So I'm quite worried about the status of Legends 3, which was even more an Inafune pet project.

All day, every day TakinawaTonfa's Avatar

Honestly, I was kind of suspecting this would happen.

Inafune leaving in combination with initial reactions to the game being lukewarm at best (a few people actually complained about the controls) plus no news on the game for a good 6 months or so?

Wouldn't surprise me if Legends 3 kicks the bucket and Megaman is pretty much done outside of a few inevitable re-releases of past games.

♥ Friendship is Rainbows ♫♪ RageaSarus's Avatar

I figured.

Of course, because of Inafune and the game looked pretty lame.
    Shit, I forgot the game existed!

Although, I would had honestly bought it... I think... (I would had needed more than Megaman, Ryu and fucking Arthur. Although, I heard Morrigan was in)

For shame.

Power of a hippo! Kaba Kaba Fruit's Avatar

The game was canned because of lack of interest and Inafune leaving CAPCOM?
    Quote Originally Posted by TakinawaTonfa
    Wouldn't surprise me if Legends 3 kicks the bucket and Megaman is pretty much done outside of a few inevitable re-releases of past games.
    Mega Man is still very much an icon of CAPCOM just like Street Fighter and Bionic Commando. But I don't think it's fair to say that just because Universe was canned means that nobody cares about Mega Man anymore.

Games are being cancelled left and right in Japan. Big titles too, some that were almost done and have been in development for years. Disaster Report 4 was a huge title that was nearly finished, but was cancelled out of respect for the disaster that hit Japan. But the developer also cancelled Steamboat Chronicles 2, which had been in development for 5 years.

Now this is being cancelled, and it has me worried for Legends 3. Actually I'm worried about the Japanese gaming industry as a whole, every time I read up on a game in development/about to release anyone I find myself asking "Will this actually see the light of day?" I realize the state Japan is in right now and I'm not trying to be disrespectful, but it seems a lot of these developers are jumping the gun with cancellations instead of waiting this mess out.

Megaman Legends 3 is going to be canceled because Inafune left Capcom and no one cares about Megaman.

Power of a hippo! Kaba Kaba Fruit's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RageaSarus
    Megaman Legends 3 is going to be canceled because Inafune left Capcom and no one cares about Megaman.
    Nobody in Japan?

Quote Originally Posted by RageaSarus View Post
    You cut me deep, Sarus.

He's good at that.....but I feel like he's right, and that scare me.

I feel as if there's truth behind it too and that pains me. When I heard the devs being L3 was only playing around and testing the waters, that was enough to make me upset. Seriously. I swear I'll never support Capcom ever again if it does get canned.

*stares at Marvel vs. Capcom 3*

Not a goddamn soul cares about the OG Blue Bomber...

RD3 can't be canceled because it was never *actually* green light :X

Question Re: MegaMan Universe

Quote Originally Posted by Buuhan1 View Post
    Games are being cancelled left and right in Japan. Big titles too, some that were almost done and have been in development for years. Disaster Report 4 was a huge title that was nearly finished, but was cancelled out of respect for the disaster that hit Japan. But the developer also cancelled Steamboat Chronicles 2, which had been in development for 5 years.

Now this is being cancelled, and it has me worried for Legends 3. Actually I'm worried about the Japanese gaming industry as a whole, every time I read up on a game in development/about to release anyone I find myself asking "Will this actually see the light of day?" I realize the state Japan is in right now and I'm not trying to be disrespectful, but it seems a lot of these developers are jumping the gun with cancellations instead of waiting this mess out.
    Funny thing is I spent the better part of the night reading IGN's "Life Support" article detailing a bunch of games that have were either in the planning stages or were in mid development the slew of cancelled or apparently cancelled games is staggering now they have another game to add to the list unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by RageaSarus View Post
    There's a reason why Mega Man Legends 3 wasn't canceled but Mega Man Universe was.

If you look at all of Capcom's blog posts about the game, you'll notice something very different - the game is basically being made by the community. Capcom's letting the fans basically do all of the decisions and work for them. Less work and costs to come up with ideas and designs for them. Whereas MMU was helmed by Inafune and relied on the manpower of actual employees.

Either way, this does not look good for the future of the Mega Man franchise.

I'd say Carue was a Lucky Ducky | YouTube Page

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information