+ Reply to Thread
Page 285 of 286 FirstFirst ... 185 235 275 283 284 285 286 LastLast
Results 5,681 to 5,700 of 5712

Thread: Berserk

  1. #5681
    Discovered Stowaway The D.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Wisconsin

    Default Re: Berserk

    Honestly I kinda hope it isn't continued in any way. Even if Miura left detailed notes and whatnot, it still wouldn't be the same.
    Gonna give ya the D.!

  2. #5682

    Default Re: Berserk

    I hope it IS continued. Some stories are bigger than their creators.

    Even if its not the same or not as good, we have a definitive clean point of knowing where the switch was, so...
    Last edited by Robby; September 8th, 2021 at 01:11 AM.
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.
    https://www.viz.com/shonenjump

    Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

  3. #5683
    Discovered Stowaway
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Germany

    Default Re: Berserk

    Quote Originally Posted by Robby View Post
    I hope it IS continued. Some stories are bigger than their creators.

    Even if its not the same or not as good, we have a definitive clean point of knowing where the switch was, so...
    Would love to see a continuation as well but I hope they change the medium, make some light novels or finally a good anime adaptation starting from chapter 1 or so.

    If they choose to continue it in manga I’m not sure they, his assistants, can live up to his legacy and might feel like they are put under pressure.
    SW-3170-8630-8341

  4. #5684

    Default Re: Berserk

    Well, Muira's final chapter has a clean break at the end of the volume. So maybe have the studio name on it from here on out to make it extra clear its different.
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.
    https://www.viz.com/shonenjump

    Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

  5. #5685
    Lurking since 2007... Nidhoeggr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Yggdrasil

    Default Re: Berserk

    Quote Originally Posted by Robby View Post
    Well, Muira's final chapter has a clean break at the end of the volume. So maybe have the studio name on it from here on out to make it extra clear its different.
    I agree, call it "Berserk: The Legend Continues" or whatever and just publish it under the Studio's name. It deserves to be finished in one way or another and I will buy any new content regardless.
    If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. - Sun Tzu, The Art Of War



  6. #5686

    Default Re: Berserk

    Worst part of this tragedy is, after a decade we could see that the story was taking a sharp turn and Miura started to tie up the loose ends.It's now clear that Miura set Elfhelm as a pivotal arc for many facet of the story. I want to see it ends properly, but I have zero doubt that unless Miura left substantial notes, it would be nowhere near as alluring a story as Miura did. Surprisingly, I think art will be the closest thing to the original.
    “When I despair, I remember that all through history the way of truth and love have always won. There have been tyrants and murderers, and for a time, they can seem invincible, but in the end, they always fall. Think of it--always.”


  7. #5687
    The English Avenger Satsuki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Well hidden

    Default Re: Berserk

    That's a sweet chapter for a final one.

  8. #5688

  9. #5689
    Discovered Stowaway MajinArekkusu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Germany

    Default Re: Berserk

    Yeah I am with those wanting it to continue, provided they have the big plot points outlined.
    To support Viz and SHUEISHAs MANGA Plus service hosting all Jump manga for FREE, WORLDWIDE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.

    Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version.

  10. #5690

    Default Re: Berserk

    Just finished the final chapter of Berserk (RIP, Miura) and I have... thoughts. But I wouldn't dare spoil this for anyone. So, multiple tags.

    Spoiler:

    Spoiler:

    Spoiler:


    Holy. Absolute goddamn.
    If this is the final chapter - even if it's just the final chapter drawn by Miura - what a thing to end on.
    Guts and Casca seeing Griffith for the first time in months/years, and he's not gloating, he's not explaining his plan, he's not bringing about Apocalypse #5... he's crying.
    Everything about Griffith's journey is about pursuing his dream, as if it meant one man's true happiness, shielding himself from "weaknesses/feelings" by getting away from people. And now that he has "conquered" everything, he only feels emptiness, space once occupied by those who, insistently, he saw as smaller than his dream. And were they really smaller? Earlier he had realized that Guts would have become bigger than his dream but "corrected" that feat with the eclipse. Or so he imagined... Moonlight Boy is like a karma to Griffith, unearthing the feelings he had buried, making him deal with "his weaknesses" once more. If this is an "end", then Griffith lost once more, he was defeated.

    I always thought it wouldn't be as simple as Guts just going up and cleaving the guy in half, no matter how much he deserved it, that while we were clearly going to get a giant final army battle, but that at the end of the day it wouldn't be so cut and dry. No matter how evil he is, how completely unforgivable, how much he gave up any right to be sympathetic after he CHOSE the eclipse.

    Whatever we expected and hoped for, we were likely never to have Guts going around slaughtering the godhand one by one until the final showdown because that would take decades to tell properly. I always assumed it'd be they team up and mess with the heart of darkness, and Griffith dies in an unexpected way to make up for things a little.

    And it looks like maybe that would have been the path. Possibly a simpler, more personal, ending than folks might expect, but one Muira could have actually done with just a few more years... if only he'd had them.

    God damn, Miura, I miss you so much. You deserved the chance to see this out, but this is a wonderful last gift.



    Last edited by Robby; September 9th, 2021 at 05:55 AM.
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.
    https://www.viz.com/shonenjump

    Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

  11. #5691

    Default Re: Berserk

    Quote Originally Posted by Robby View Post
    Just finished the final chapter of Berserk (RIP, Miura) and I have... thoughts. But I wouldn't dare spoil this for anyone. So, multiple tags.

    Spoiler:

    Spoiler:

    Spoiler:


    Holy. Absolute goddamn.
    If this is the final chapter - even if it's just the final chapter drawn by Miura - what a thing to end on.
    Guts and Casca seeing Griffith for the first time in months/years, and he's not gloating, he's not explaining his plan, he's not bringing about Apocalypse #5... he's crying.
    Everything about Griffith's journey is about pursuing his dream, as if it meant one man's true happiness, shielding himself from "weaknesses/feelings" by getting away from people. And now that he has "conquered" everything, he only feels emptiness, space once occupied by those who, insistently, he saw as smaller than his dream. And were they really smaller? Earlier he had realized that Guts would have become bigger than his dream but "corrected" that feat with the eclipse. Or so he imagined... Moonlight Boy is like a karma to Griffith, unearthing the feelings he had buried, making him deal with "his weaknesses" once more. If this is an "end", then Griffith lost once more, he was defeated.

    I always thought it wouldn't be as simple as Guts just going up and cleaving the guy in half, no matter how much he deserved it, that while we were clearly going to get a giant final army battle, but that at the end of the day it wouldn't be so cut and dry. No matter how evil he is, how completely unforgivable, how much he gave up any right to be sympathetic after he CHOSE the eclipse.

    Whatever we expected and hoped for, we were likely never to have Guts going around slaughtering the godhand one by one until the final showdown because that would take decades to tell properly. I always assumed it'd be they team up and mess with the heart of darkness, and Griffith dies in an unexpected way to make up for things a little.

    And it looks like maybe that would have been the path. Possibly a simpler, more personal, ending than folks might expect, but one Muira could have actually done with just a few more years... if only he'd had them.

    God damn, Miura, I miss you so much. You deserved the chance to see this out, but this is a wonderful last gift.



    Gotta second that.
    Spoiler:

    I was already on the mode that I wouldn't have the level of vengeance I wanted to bestow on him years ago...
    Hidden:

    So
    Hidden:

    Having him suffer the pain of the emotions he throwaway of his throne of ashes is pretty much more realsitic.



  12. #5692
    Noseless and Handless akagami7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    lugo or madrid, Spain

    Default Re: Berserk

    ^That link is skipping pages, at least it only shows 13 for me. Here's the full chapter:
    https://mangadex.org/chapter/662a4e0...a-8fb4e09ebb43


  13. #5693
    The English Avenger Satsuki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Well hidden

    Default Re: Berserk

    Quote Originally Posted by Robby View Post
    Just finished the final chapter of Berserk (RIP, Miura) and I have... thoughts. But I wouldn't dare spoil this for anyone. So, multiple tags.

    Spoiler:

    Spoiler:

    Spoiler:


    Holy. Absolute goddamn.
    If this is the final chapter - even if it's just the final chapter drawn by Miura - what a thing to end on.
    Guts and Casca seeing Griffith for the first time in months/years, and he's not gloating, he's not explaining his plan, he's not bringing about Apocalypse #5... he's crying.
    Everything about Griffith's journey is about pursuing his dream, as if it meant one man's true happiness, shielding himself from "weaknesses/feelings" by getting away from people. And now that he has "conquered" everything, he only feels emptiness, space once occupied by those who, insistently, he saw as smaller than his dream. And were they really smaller? Earlier he had realized that Guts would have become bigger than his dream but "corrected" that feat with the eclipse. Or so he imagined... Moonlight Boy is like a karma to Griffith, unearthing the feelings he had buried, making him deal with "his weaknesses" once more. If this is an "end", then Griffith lost once more, he was defeated.

    I always thought it wouldn't be as simple as Guts just going up and cleaving the guy in half, no matter how much he deserved it, that while we were clearly going to get a giant final army battle, but that at the end of the day it wouldn't be so cut and dry. No matter how evil he is, how completely unforgivable, how much he gave up any right to be sympathetic after he CHOSE the eclipse.

    Whatever we expected and hoped for, we were likely never to have Guts going around slaughtering the godhand one by one until the final showdown because that would take decades to tell properly. I always assumed it'd be they team up and mess with the heart of darkness, and Griffith dies in an unexpected way to make up for things a little.

    And it looks like maybe that would have been the path. Possibly a simpler, more personal, ending than folks might expect, but one Muira could have actually done with just a few more years... if only he'd had them.

    God damn, Miura, I miss you so much. You deserved the chance to see this out, but this is a wonderful last gift.



    That about sums it up, yeah.

  14. #5694
    The Album Guy Nobodyman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Virginia, US

    Default Re: Berserk

    Yep. That was definitely a high note to go out on.

    I just hope we get an answer soon on whether there's going to be any sort of continuation or not. Whatever the case, I'll be forever grateful for everything we have gotten.

  15. #5695

    Default Re: Berserk

    Quote Originally Posted by akagami7 View Post
    ^That link is skipping pages, at least it only shows 13 for me. Here's the full chapter:
    Thanks a bunch ! I had only read the short version and was confused by the weird pacing. I had put it on account of Myura's passing, but this is a lot better. A sad sweet note to end the series, after this I'm fine if whoever eventually picks it up chooses to focus on other aspects of the Berserk world. Or if it doesn't get picked up at all.

  16. #5696

    Default Re: Berserk

    Quote Originally Posted by akagami7 View Post
    ^That link is skipping pages, at least it only shows 13 for me. Here's the full chapter:
    https://mangadex.org/chapter/662a4e0...a-8fb4e09ebb43
    Thanks, wasn't aware of that but it felt odd such a short and disjointed chapter.

  17. #5697

    Default Re: Berserk

    Quote Originally Posted by akagami7 View Post
    ^That link is skipping pages, at least it only shows 13 for me. Here's the full chapter:
    https://mangadex.org/chapter/662a4e0...a-8fb4e09ebb43


    Well damn.

    ---------------------------------[Youtube]-[Patreon]-[Twitter]---------------------------------

  18. #5698
    Discovered Stowaway killerbee1000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Joliet, IL

    Default Re: Berserk

    Like morning dew......

  19. #5699

    Default Re: Berserk

    Quote Originally Posted by MDL View Post
    I had the same problem. If you're on the phone try different wi-fi options or using mobile data instead.
    Wano Predictions
    Spoiler:


  20. #5700
    Desire's Bland Moon puffing.cinema's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    side by side with your tears

    Default Re: Berserk

    maaaaaan, what a bang of a chapter! Really hoping Miura's Editor and crew come together to spray some light in possible outcomes (if Miura had any planned, that is) so we can at least know how what could have been...

    def envious of the timeline where this happened.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 3 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 3 guests)

     

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts