+ Reply to Thread
Page 284 of 286 FirstFirst ... 184 234 274 282 283 284 285 286 LastLast
Results 5,661 to 5,680 of 5712

Thread: Berserk

Default Re: Berserk

Going by present financial situation, I bet it will continue to a rather rushed ending. They won't abandon the franchaise.
    Last edited by auem; August 7th, 2021 at 01:03 AM.
    “When I despair, I remember that all through history the way of truth and love have always won. There have been tyrants and murderers, and for a time, they can seem invincible, but in the end, they always fall. Think of it--always.”

I don't think I'll keep reading Berserk with new chapters after this. Because you just can't separate artist from his own artwork, this is gonna be different and alien from what was the original.

On the other hand, he's been working with these assistants for *years*. The art on Duranki was *mostly* done by assistants and it looks pretty solid and like his own work.

Obviously the story won't be the *same*, but depending on how many notes he left, how much they knew? THey might be able to do something respectable.

Wheel of Time was finished after the author's death and that came out well.
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.
    https://www.viz.com/shonenjump

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

I agree with Robby here. While stories will not be the same after an authors death if it's in the hands of people who respect the IP and have a lot of knowledge about the way how the author thought and worked then it can turn out well. One of my favorite books of all time is the Silmarillion and this one was done by Tolkkiens son after he collected all the notes and scripts that his father has made over the years.

But if the publisher just wants to milk it without actually doing it the story and Miura justice then I agree that this would be terrible.

I think it's worth giving them a shot.

At worst we can say "that wasn't Miura" and dismiss the later chapters as non-canon.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivotas View Post
    I agree with Robby here. While stories will not be the same after an authors death if it's in the hands of people who respect the IP and have a lot of knowledge about the way how the author thought and worked then it can turn out well. One of my favorite books of all time is the Silmarillion and this one was done by Tolkkiens son after he collected all the notes and scripts that his father has made over the years.

But if the publisher just wants to milk it without actually doing it the story and Miura justice then I agree that this would be terrible.
    Christopher Tolkien himself was a good scholar and helped his father from early stages of LOTR universe. Also as his son, it brought about some credibility. Sadly Miura has no designated successor other than his assistants. So, they have a uphill tasks to gain the recognition while continuing Berserk. But I want publisher and editors to give them a chance if they want to do so.
    “When I despair, I remember that all through history the way of truth and love have always won. There have been tyrants and murderers, and for a time, they can seem invincible, but in the end, they always fall. Think of it--always.”

From Korean magazine scan (https://twitter.com/platypupu/status/1425746947797749767?s=20 )
    Spoiler:
    It seems that chapter 364 will be the last one.

Quote Originally Posted by pariston_hill View Post
    From Korean magazine scan (https://twitter.com/platypupu/status/1425746947797749767?s=20 )
    Spoiler:
    *cries* Dammit . . .

Pretty expected. Miura might not have left much of any notes and even if he did the assistants might not feel comfortable both continuing Miura's work after his death but also risking upsetting the audience if they do something wrong. I think ending it is the best option.

I am fine with this. I made peace with the possibility that it might never get a proper ending years ago.

It's really going to be bittersweet no matter what.
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.

Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

Quote Originally Posted by pariston_hill View Post
    Spoiler:
    It doesn't say anything about the last chapter of the series. It is perhaps the last chapter Miura worked on.
    But yeah! We will get a definitive answer with this chapter.

Desire's Bland Moon puffing.cinema's Avatar

there's an image going around online that seems to confirm that the
    Spoiler:
    mid-night child is Griffith's children and that he's the key to access him and cure Cascka

Good to see the series getting a closure. And if the assistants are as good as some would claim them to be, then I hope I see their own original work someday. New stories inspired by the experiences gained from working with Miura, that would be more like it.

Berserk volume 41 to be released on December.
    https://mobile.twitter.com/berserk_project?lang=en

Kind of interesting that this last chapter just happens to line up with enough needed for a new volume. I guess it's better than the mangaka dying without enough chapters for a last volume (though they would probably be able to fill the page count with extras).

Quote Originally Posted by Sakonosolo View Post
    Kind of interesting that this last chapter just happens to line up with enough needed for a new volume. I guess it's better than the mangaka dying without enough chapters for a last volume (though they would probably be able to fill the page count with extras).
    The final volume of YuYu Hakusho is loaded with sketches to fill it out. And Togashi is still alive, he just gave up on the thing.

So they would have figured out something.

Official statement for chapter 364(not the original link).

https://m.imgur.com/a/w1b6VDc

Spoiler:
    Seems like there may not be any more chapters as it talks about Miura's wishes,unless Miura wanted it to continue like his favourite story 'Guin Saga'.
    Last edited by auem; September 7th, 2021 at 09:16 AM.

What a fitting way to go..

Spoiler:
    Last edited by auem; September 7th, 2021 at 11:29 PM.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information