+ Reply to Thread
Page 280 of 286 FirstFirst ... 180 230 270 278 279 280 281 282 ... LastLast
Results 5,581 to 5,600 of 5712

Thread: Berserk

Default Re: Berserk

Quote Originally Posted by Robby View Post
    FF14 players lining up by the *thousands* as Black Knights to honor Muira. Line goes literally around the city. On multiple servers. Servers can't even hold everyone getting on. I.

I'm on the wrong server to get in the line, and never quite made it to Dark Knight, but I went and found a bunch of dark knights holding pose and kneeled as a witch for about an hour.
    Damn that's really something. Get a sense of peace just following the line.

Wish I had time to invest into FF14, any little tidbit I find out about it makes me wanna play it more.
    Quote Originally Posted by Outerspec View Post
    Trying to understand Bleach is like trying to drink a bottle of bleach.

It makes no sense and you'll be dead before you're finished.

Well this was news I didn’t need to wake up to.

Makes you realize how crazy and unpredictable life can be.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284

Discovered Stowaway Lord Gaimon's Avatar

just saw the news, devastating.
    been reading this manga since i was 12 never expected this to happen so soon ,54 is too young. rip

I'm so crushed. Berserk meant so much to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wagomu View Post
    There's a great lighthearted vibe around here, because no matter how serious we might get, we're all together because of some magical pirate.

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorPhil View Post
    Smoking can be a cause of aortic dissection, and Oda is a smoker too. Yikes...
    SOMEBODY POST DOCTORS AROUND ODA RIGHT NOW.

Quote Originally Posted by Robby View Post
    FF14 players lining up by the *thousands* as Black Knights to honor Muira. Line goes literally around the city. On multiple servers. Servers can't even hold everyone getting on. I.

https://i.redd.it/hk5dqj6sy7071.jpg

I'm on the wrong server to get in the line, and never quite made it to Dark Knight, but I went and found a bunch of dark knights holding pose and kneeled as a witch for about an hour.
    That's fabulous. I wonder if anybody in WoW is doing anything right now.

Quote Originally Posted by puffing.cinema View Post
    I wasn't aware of his health condition, I just assumed the pauses were a breather and a way to focus on other things after pouring so much into his work...so I'm really feeling like it came out of nowhere.
    Nobody knew anything, this came very out of left field. Unless he had a history of heart problems and bad blood pressure, then this is totally unpredicted. Although smoking and over-work don't help.

Absolutely heartbreaking.

The series is one of the best of all time. Guts and his journey mean a lot to me. Rest in peace Miura.

54 is way too young.

Discovered Stowaway juiceduphody3315's Avatar

Say what you want about the story, his art work was master class. That's what I enjoyed most about the series, the artwork. Breath taking stuff the amount of detail in some panels.

MALKIOR THE DESTROYER KaizokuJinbei's Avatar

Been at work so late on it but

Never read and don't intend to read (sorry it's not my cup of tea) Beserk but even people like me know it's a juggernaut of it's genre and left a big impression on many readers and probably inspired many future authors. He will have a lasting legacy.

RIP Kentaro Miura
    PSN: Ryuunaga, Nintendo Switch Friend ID: SW-1971-9767-4001, Steam: Malkior7, 3DS FC: 4167-5777-1464

This sucks. Rest in peace Kentaro Miura.

Hidden:

Sad irony that he met the same faith as his idol Kaoru Kurimoto of dying before finishing their work, part of me want to believe there must've been some sort of comfort in him before his death knowing such coincidence.

As for Berserk, what can I say, the depths and topics it tackles and what a way to execute. I wonder if there is any other manga that has a better psychological description of a character than Miura did with Guts. A textbook example of character development.

although unfinished as well, little series like Gigantomakhia are Duranki were just another great experience to read.

Rest in peace Kentaro Miura.

Quote Originally Posted by Piitan View Post
    I'm sure Miura has left ample notes on how the Berserk story should go. What the editors do with this (hire an artist to continue the manga, or go the route of animated-only ending) should set a precedent for what will happen to HunterXHunter once Togashi passes away or passes on the manga industry.
    Honestly they should just let it end. It just wouldn't be the same if they continued it without him. Just release a final "fan" book with these notes, some unpublished interviews/drawings and call Berserk finished

Still having a hard time accepting it...
    RIP Miura

Unbelievable! To woke up to this news!
    “When I despair, I remember that all through history the way of truth and love have always won. There have been tyrants and murderers, and for a time, they can seem invincible, but in the end, they always fall. Think of it--always.”

Quote Originally Posted by Piitan View Post
    I'm sure Miura has left ample notes on how the Berserk story should go. What the editors do with this (hire an artist to continue the manga, or go the route of animated-only ending) should set a precedent for what will happen to HunterXHunter once Togashi passes away or passes on the manga industry.
    If Togashi passes away I think HXH should be finished in novel form. The current arc is already half-novel anyway.
    That idea could work for Berserk too.

A novel or fanbook might be the best idea. After all, nobody could match his art.

I hope he left enough pointers to finish the story in any form. GUIN SAGA is still running dcade after the author died. But there have to change in quality or general feel.
    No matter what it won't be the same. So we have to harden our chest and move on. That will be hard too.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Taken from Reddit.

"Miura Kentaro passed away from an acute aortic dissection on May 6th, 2021, at 14:48. He was 54.
    We would like to express our thanks to all those who read Mr. Miura's works, beginning with those who paid great devotion to Berserk, and express our great sorrow at Mr. Miura's passing.
    On behalf of the editors, I would like to express my great respect and thanks for Mr. Miura's works, and wish him deep happiness in the next world.
    We offer our deepest condolences to the family members he has left behind.
    A funeral has already been held by his family.
    Plans for the publishing works that have not yet been collected in tankobon format will be posted to our website as soon as we have determined how we will be moving forward.
    Young Animal Editors"
    "There's one thing that comes to mind now. I remember when I was a young editor working on Berserk. While I was thinking that the original panel layout was great, and Mr. Miura turned to me and said "I'll do something about that layout." At the time I was a bit afraid but I think I understand what he meant now. Mr. Miura really loved to think of new things. Not in an exaggerated way, but the way that a child might explain a new idea. He enjoyed films and anime every day, and used those as sources for creating manga.
    The things he liked and relationships he had throughout his life are packed into his works like treasures. He taught me time and time again that "real life becomes manga." Thank you very much, Mr. Miura.
    And finally, to our readers. (TN: Not sure about this next sentence.) It was you that picked up, protected, and carried Mr. Miura when he had fallen down. And we also have a request. We ask that you respect the privacy of Mr. Miura's family and friends as they mourn. We express our deep gratitude for what he brought to us in life, and our deep mourning as we pray for his happiness in the next world.
    Young Animal Editing Division Chief
    Nagashima (first name I can't read, probably Takayuki?)"

"I can still remember shaking his hand right after I joined the company. It was the hand that had given us Berserk! After that, I became responsible for Berserk, and in every meeting he would always say something like "well I had an idea..." and share things that were unbelievably interesting, and I had to work hard to keep up with him. Experiencing the way that the things he saw daily, like manga, films, and news, influenced his own manga was the greatest lesson of all. He said it would take him at least 30 more years to get all of his ideas on paper, which makes it even sadder to have lost him so suddenly. Having worked on Berserk is a great pride of mine. Thank you, Mr. Miura, for everything.
    Young Animals Editing Division
    Work Supervisor Takamura Ryo"
    “When I despair, I remember that all through history the way of truth and love have always won. There have been tyrants and murderers, and for a time, they can seem invincible, but in the end, they always fall. Think of it--always.”

Wow! I opened this thread since it was updated hoping for a good news(new chapter). RIP Legend!/

Ctrl + W = ???

Manga artists, Industry and Fans pay Tribute to Miura
    https://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-ne...-kentaro-miura

Hajime no Ippo, Kingdom, Fire Force, Sangatsu, and other artists.

I'm still sad

Very sad news about Kentaro Miura... so young...

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information