+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 279 1 2 3 11 51 101 ... LastLast

Thread: DC Movies Thread - In satin tights, Fighting for your rights

Default DC Movies Thread - In satin tights, Fighting for your rights

I referenced this in the Batman 3 thread, but I decided that instead of clouding that thread with discussion of another movie, I'd make a thread for this.

After Superman Returns, a sequel was talked about...which was later scrapped for a reboot of the series.

The next Superman Movie will be titled The Man of Steel.

The only info about the story is as follows:
    I can tell you that Goyer’s story involves Luthor and Brainiac. It is NOT an origin and assumes audiences already know about Lois, Clark, Jimmy and Perry. I know the Daily Planet is struggling due to the internet. And I know it sets up a huge Kryptonian mythology.
    A reboot, huh? It worked for the Batman franchise.

Speaking of which: Christopher Nolan (Batman Begins, The Dark Knight) was put in charge of The Man of Steel. He won't be directing it, though.
    Apparently, Jonathan Nolan (who co-wrote The Dark Knight) is co-writing the script for this movie, as well.

When he heard of the script idea, Nolan apparently said:
    I immediately got it, loved it and thought: That is a way of approaching the story I’ve never seen before that makes it incredibly exciting. I wanted to get Emma [Thomas] and I involved in shepherding the project right away and getting it to the studio and getting it going in an exciting way… A lot of people have approached Superman in a lot of different ways. I only know the way that has worked for us that’s what I know how to do.
    At first I was a little uneasy about a Reboot, as Superman is AWESOME, but now that I hear Nolan's in charge of the project, I can't wait to see this movie.

They're trying to release the movie on "Christmas 2012"....that can't be good, end of the world and all that jazz.

EDIT: As of now, it is unknown if Brandon Routh will reprise the role of Superman, or if someone else will be cast.
    Last edited by Badass SnoCone; July 9th, 2010 at 09:41 PM.

エッチなのはいけないと思います! Malintex_Terek's Avatar

Default Re: Reboot of the Superman movies (The Man of Steel)

I'll be more accepting of the reboot if Routh replays Superman, and I did like Spacey's Luthor, although there is really too much Luthor in the Superman franchise these days.
    MUV-LUV ALTERNATIVE
    Making Anime and Manga OBSOLETE since 2006
    PM me for details

I was glad when I heard that Nolan was involved. He did a good job with rebooting Batman, and I sure am glad he isn't doing a story about Superman's Origins. I want him to get up and go!

And all of Iowa will cry if Brandon Routh doesn't replay the role.
    I mean, he's pretty much all we've got.

AND you don't have your source stated .

Super Returns was easily one of the worst movies I've ever seen.

I mean c'mon whats he fighting? LAND?????

The only good actor in the movie was Kevin Spacey. Brandon Routh was cringe worthy bad.

Lets see where they take it. Maybe for this movie Lex Luthor can try to build an ocean somewhere....
    "Wasn't the Internet made for scanlations in the first place?"- Simon Jones

Quote Originally Posted by RuNa View Post
    They announced or began planning a reboot since August 2008. Nolan's directing. It's expected to be out by 2011,
    however, if it gets to a point where they don't begin production by 2011, they can be sued due to money being lost by some guy.

they're waiting for Nolan to sign on to do another Batman (probably this one, Batman 3)
    and said once he does, dates and more official news for Superman will follow.
    Quote Originally Posted by sanji499 View Post
    I wonder what was Bale's reaction when the stunt double broke the imax camera?
    Quote Originally Posted by Silvers Rayleigh View Post
    In the United States we don't have much manga around, specifically One Piece, and mainly the newer chapters - Jan 2011

Quote Originally Posted by Malintex_Terek View Post
    I'll be more accepting of the reboot if Routh replays Superman, and I did like Spacey's Luthor, although there is really too much Luthor in the Superman franchise these days.
    I think the villians in this movie are rumored to be Luthor and Brainiac. So, we'll have some Luthor, but the badness wil be split up.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Zoro View Post
    I was glad when I heard that Nolan was involved. He did a good job with rebooting Batman, and I sure am glad he isn't doing a story about Superman's Origins. I want him to get up and go!

And all of Iowa will cry if Brandon Routh doesn't replay the role.
    I mean, he's pretty much all we've got.
    I liked Routh for Superman. He seemed more realistic to me, idk why.
    I was a little skeptical when I heard they were rebooting the series, but when I heard that Nolan would be put in charge of it I knew that it would be some kind of awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by RuNa View Post
    Basically this:

Quote Originally Posted by Flux View Post
    They announced or began planning a reboot since August 2008. Nolan's directing. It's expected to be out by 2011,
    however, if it gets to a point where they don't begin production by 2011, they can be sued due to money being lost by some guy.

they're waiting for Nolan to sign on to do another Batman (probably this one, Batman 3)
    and said once he does, dates and more official news for Superman will follow.
    And, Runa, I got this all from wikipedia, which lists all the sources for the info they put up. You can look at each and every source listed here:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Superma...ries%29#Reboot

Oh, and Flux, I don't think Nolan's directing it. He was put in charge of the project, but he's not directing it. Just overseeing the production of it.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Iceman View Post
    Super Returns was easily one of the worst movies I've ever seen.

I mean c'mon whats he fighting? LAND?????

The only good actor in the movie was Kevin Spacey. Brandon Routh was cringe worthy bad.

Lets see where they take it. Maybe for this movie Lex Luthor can try to build an ocean somewhere....
    The movie wasn't as bad as you make it out to be, but it most certainly could have been better. There wasn't much action in it. But, I don't think that will be the problem the the Reboot.
    Last edited by Badass SnoCone; July 6th, 2010 at 09:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Badass SnoCone View Post
    The movie wasn't as bad as you make it out to be,
    Yea your right, It was much worst than I made it out to be.

Quote Originally Posted by The Iceman View Post
    Yea your right, It was much worst than I made it out to be.
    So...you just contradicted yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Badass SnoCone View Post
    So...you just contradicted yourself.
    Contradictions, City of Extremes. Anything is possible in Bombay Dreams.

Can Kevin Spacey be Lex Luthor again?

He was fun.

El Sucio Sánchez SantoryuMaster97's Avatar

I remember the bad CG shots of Superman that made Routh look like he was made of plastic.
    Survivor of the Ivotas Holocaust!

XboxLive Gamertag: Big Evil99
    Addiction defines Gravity. Speed over addiction

Quote Originally Posted by SantoryuMaster97 View Post
    I remember the bad CG shots of Superman that made Routh look like he was made of plastic.
    No, Brandon Routh is just artificial....

But yeah. The effects really need to improve, or don't show the effect at all. And I'm fine with Brandon Routh, as long as he actually does a better job acting.

But, guys....Christopher Nolan!

Hidden:
    This better be awesome, Christopher Nolan.

Great sage,equal of heaven Darkstorm's Avatar

Let's not mince words here, Superman Returns was a festering heap of garbage.

Never liked Superman, I mean is there any suspense on his battles when he is completely invincible, faster than bullet, can see through shit, can fly faster than sound and all this, is is little too powerful. Well I understand that there excist this kryptonite gimmick to make him weaker but still.

But its Christopher Nolan, after Batman Begins and Dark Knight I expect only brilliance from his works.

Great sage,equal of heaven Darkstorm's Avatar

Superman's a lot more fantastical, but he tends to have enemies that operate on the same level as himself, like brainiac and darkseid, otherwise we have lex's schemes.

Both Brainiac and lex are apparently in this film, and they have been used to great effect on screen in the past - look to the vaguely recent justice league unlimited.

Never really bothered me that Superman was virtualy invunerable, heck it's kinda fun seeing people go all out against him like the Captain Atom-Superman fight in unlimited. You just dont get that kinda brutality against any of the more fragile heroes.

Corey Burton for Brainiac.

Quote Originally Posted by Shandian View Post
    Never liked Superman, I mean is there any suspense on his battles when he is completely invincible, faster than bullet, can see through shit, can fly faster than sound and all this, is is little too powerful.
    You've never heard of Captain Marvel, have you?

Plenty of DC heroes can take quite a punch. Wonder Woman and Green Lantern can be pretty epic if done right.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information