+ Reply to Thread
Page 340 of 342 FirstFirst ... 240 290 330 338 339 340 341 342 LastLast
Results 6,781 to 6,800 of 6839

Thread: DC Movies Thread - Shazam saves the day

Default Re: DC Movies Thread - Shazam saves the day

HBO is really trying to take over Netflix, aren't they?

The Tetsuo Ishimaru of AP Gizmo's Avatar

Here’s a BTS pic of Shazam 2 family with the new suits. The actress who plays Mary in the movies now plays her camper hero counterpart as well.

Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightwing
    Stay focused, cause right now you have a decision to make. Are you a man perpetually looking back at what he’s lost, or a man looking forward, to what he might become?

Quote Originally Posted by Satsuki View Post
    HBO is really trying to take over Netflix, aren't they?
    Yeah, it's an all out war. They all used and studied Netflix and are prepared to go at it. Disney+ is in the lead when it comes to the streaming services outside of Netflix for shows and films. Mandalorian and their library are to thank for that.

Paramount+ and Amazon Prime are loading up. HBO Max has a decent library. Most have a library, but it's the exclusive content that really push the needle.

Quote Originally Posted by Gizmo View Post
    Here’s a BTS pic of Shazam 2 family with the new suits. The actress who plays Mary in the movies now plays her camper hero counterpart as well.

Lookin' good!

Quote Originally Posted by Cockycent View Post
    Yeah, it's an all out war. They all used and studied Netflix and are prepared to go at it. Disney+ is in the lead when it comes to the streaming services outside of Netflix for shows and films. Mandalorian and their library are to thank for that.

Paramount+ and Amazon Prime are loading up. HBO Max has a decent library. Most have a library, but it's the exclusive content that really push the needle.
    Feels like Hulu is the only one that remembers that streaming is about being able to provide all sorts of shows and movies to watch. And Disney will always have an edge with that magic vault of theirs.

Definitely makes me wonder if DC will learn from Marvel with their six episode series format. I feel like that would be the path forward for them. If Marvel continues to focus on film why not focus instead on film-level mini-series to sustain a prolonged subscriber base.
    ?
    She/Her | Want to be a girl? Click here! | What's gender dysphoria, you ask? Click here to find out!

Some of the confirmed cast for Black Adam

Spoiler:

Really looking forward to Pierce Brosnan as Dr. Fate. If he does it well it could be a bigger iconic role for him than James Bond (unlikely, but possible).

And maybe I'm reading too much into it, but did they cast a black actor as Hawkman just so they can have a flying black hero named after a bird like Marvel does?

And maybe I'm reading too much into it, but did they cast a black actor as Hawkman just so they can have a flying black hero named after a bird like Marvel does?
    No .
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284

That seems like a stretch to me.

Desire's Bland Moon puffing.cinema's Avatar

I, for one, welcome another winged hero with way less clothes and titties out (please don't give him any armor)

Hee hee. They released a special King Shark Suicide Squad trailer for Shark Week:
    https://movieweb.com/the-suicide-squ...-kPV3PKMlRt-qA

Nom nom.

DC finally cast their Batgirl with Leslie Grace. Adil El Arbi and Bilall Fallah will be directing the HBO Max film.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/mo...ce-1234985923/

Apparently Doctor Fate's costume is going to be total CGI motion-capture:
    https://movieweb.com/doctor-fate-cos...bibqUZ2woyHAsk

Not sure how I feel about it, but I love Brosnan's reaction: "I do have to put the motion capture suit on, which is an acting challenge in itself, but lucky I was brought up in the theater, so I know how to get into tights."

...Why would you make Fate's costume CG? Unless they're doing something super weird It's totally one that could be done practically.
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.
    https://www.viz.com/shonenjump

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

Right? It seems silly, and you would've thought that Green Lantern taught people just how silly it is. So it's worrisome, but I guess we'll just have to wait until we actually see it to make a final decision.

Right? It seems silly, and you would've thought that Green Lantern taught people just how silly it is.
    I haven't seen GL and never will but was that really the big problem with that movie?
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting

Hardly, it was just another nail in the coffin.

Suicide Squad was da shit. Easily the best WB comic book film and James Gunn's magnum opus. Give James Gunn more toys to play with, he is a miracle worker. He made me give a shit about Rick Flag and Harley Quinn.

Quote Originally Posted by TLC View Post
    Easily the best WB comic book film
    That's not a hard bar to surpass, but given that he made the niche GoTG a pop hit I may try watch this one and forget that the previous SQ ever happened.

I know I’m beating a dead horse here but if TLC liked it, it must be a decent enough film.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information