+ Reply to Thread
Page 313 of 323 FirstFirst ... 213 263 303 311 312 313 314 315 ... LastLast
Results 6,241 to 6,260 of 6456

Thread: DC Movies Thread - Shazam saves the day

  1. #6241

    Default Re: DC Movies Thread - Shazam saves the day

    Quote Originally Posted by Satsuki View Post
    A fan made a fan art of The Riddler as played by David Tennant, and lots of fans are down for the idea:
    https://movieweb.com/the-batman-davi...WxuQgsGA94fB3g

    Hell, I would love it if David Tennant played The Riddler.
    Oh yeah. This has been a thing since before we knew what The Dark Knight Rises was going to be about. Jessica Jones season one made us wonder even more so.
    FC: 5043 2397 0050 In Game trainer name (WolfWood)

  2. #6242
    Discovered Stowaway
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    Cali-4-Nye-Eh.

    Default Re: DC Movies Thread - Shazam saves the day

    Is there a different thread for the animated straight-to-DVD films or is this thread made for those too? 'Cause I want to talk about the new one that just came out, Batman: Hush.

  3. #6243
    The English Avenger Satsuki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Well hidden

    Default Re: DC Movies Thread - Shazam saves the day

    You can use this for all DC movies.

  4. #6244
    Discovered Stowaway
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    Cali-4-Nye-Eh.

    Default Re: DC Movies Thread - Shazam saves the day

    Cool.

    I really, really liked Hush, I thought it was very well-written and had a lot of really great moments. It's kind of funny how the animated films are much more adult in theme and depiction than the live-action adaptations. Beating someone to a bloody pulp, numerous intimate scenes, they've come a long way with portraying the more graphic scenes from the comics. I thought the ending was pretty stupid, in terms of Batman's thought process and Catwoman's reaction to it, but you can't have an entirely happy ending when it comes to Batman so it's not surprising, just disappointing.

    I'm not sure I'm keen on the lineup for the next few movies, which are going back to the origins of a few of the heroes (yawn...done to death already...) so I'd rather see things that are more likely to give rise to more new characters, but they're already announced so there's no changing it. I am curious how Justice League Dark: Apokolips War will go, since Darkseid's peeps don't play around and most of the Dark team don't have that formidable of power, at least not based on their own movie. I suppose if Deadman possesses the bodies of some of the strong bad guys and Swamp Thing actually gets involved in the fight instead of just being a portal gatekeeper, then maybe. Guess it depends on what part of Darkseid's army they have to fight.

  5. #6245

    Default Re: DC Movies Thread - Shazam saves the day

    What DC animated films are worth seeing? and which would you prioritize?

  6. #6246

    Default Re: DC Movies Thread - Shazam saves the day

    Quote Originally Posted by Shiebs View Post
    What DC animated films are worth seeing? and which would you prioritize?
    They can be very hit or miss(especially as of recent) but the great thing about them is the wide variety that have been made over the past decade or so.

    A few are set in a version similar to the "New 52' reboot, starting with Justice League War. I honestly am not a fan as a whole of the films set in this continuity.

    One of my all time favorites is "Under the Red Hood", which tells the Batman story of the Red Hood. It does a very good job all things considered of getting the complicated comic-booky plot lines and condensing it into a way that works in a film's time. Plus it has, in my mind, one of the most underrated performances of the Joker(voiced here by John DiMagio.
    Quote Originally Posted by Monkey King View Post
    A magical strange Twilight Zone episode where no other education is offered, and the only option is Bill Nye the Science Guy videos

  7. #6247

    Default Re: DC Movies Thread - Shazam saves the day

    Quote Originally Posted by Md-Martin View Post
    They can be very hit or miss(especially as of recent) but the great thing about them is the wide variety that have been made over the past decade or so.

    A few are set in a version similar to the "New 52' reboot, starting with Justice League War. I honestly am not a fan as a whole of the films set in this continuity.

    One of my all time favorites is "Under the Red Hood", which tells the Batman story of the Red Hood. It does a very good job all things considered of getting the complicated comic-booky plot lines and condensing it into a way that works in a film's time. Plus it has, in my mind, one of the most underrated performances of the Joker(voiced here by John DiMagio.
    That's one of the few I've actually watched
    Spoiler:
    I absolutely love when Jason asks him why he didn't kill Joker and says "would it really be that hard" and Batman says "No! It would be to damn easy, I think about doing every day but If I gave in I'd end up losing myself"

    I absolutely love that so we'll done, so true to Batman

  8. #6248

    Default Re: DC Movies Thread - Shazam saves the day

    Quote Originally Posted by Shiebs View Post
    What DC animated films are worth seeing? and which would you prioritize?
    I always recommend ​Batman:- Assault on Arkham.
    It's basically the movie Suicide Squad should have been.

    But I think all the older ones are worth a watch, it's after Flashpoint Paradox that things start going downhill.

  9. #6249
    Discovered Stowaway
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    Cali-4-Nye-Eh.

    Default Re: DC Movies Thread - Shazam saves the day

    Quote Originally Posted by aku-chan View Post
    I always recommend ​Batman:- Assault on Arkham.
    It's basically the movie Suicide Squad should have been.

    But I think all the older ones are worth a watch, it's after Flashpoint Paradox that things start going downhill.
    While I agree that Flashpoint Paradox was the best of the bunch, I like pretty much each of the DC Animated Movie Universe movies. It's like the animated DC version of the MCU. I like that they insert Damian Wayne into this universe and his evolution into Robin despite his upbringing. He fits into the Teen Titans very well and I thought it was a good move replacing Cyborg in their team with Blue Beetle since they're so similar in terms of abilities and Cyborg is part of the Justice League despite his own youth.

    While I would like them to have their continuity and the sequencing of each film in the universe's timeline be a little clearer, I've got very few complaints about the DCAMU. Lots of fine voice talent, good storylines, amazing action scenes, great character interactions, being able to entertain without a lot of humor (again, the animated stuff even seems to have a better time of that than what the early DCEU was going for to try and not imitate Marvel too closely).

    The only thing I can really think of that bugs me is, we got a whole movie about Aquaman joining the League but then when Death of Superman came out, their ranks seemed to have inexplicably grown to include both Martian Manhunter and Hawkman (but not Hawkgirl). Then in Batman: Hush we meet Batgirl who seems to have joined the team for no explored reason (minimal as her part in the movie is...she's just kind 'there' for the most minor of reasons). That could be a lot better served, I feel, having her, and the new Superboy introduced in Reign of the Supermen, being shown as part of the Teen Titans. Not sure how the studio decides what characters get a movie in what order but maybe the Titans' DVDs didn't sell as well and they're not wanting to let them headline for a while. There are at least two origin movies coming up in the series over the next year (Wonder Woman and Superman) and a sequel to the Justice League Dark movie but I'd hope to see another Suicide Squad and/or Teen Titans movie announced somewhere in there. Time will tell...

  10. #6250
    Discovered Stowaway MarcelloF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Germany

    Default Re: DC Movies Thread - Shazam saves the day

    The recent Batman x TMNT movie was fun, too. Not quite as good as the comic, but I really enjoyed it.n

    3DS Friend Code: 2535-3762-9083

  11. #6251

    Default Re: DC Movies Thread - Shazam saves the day

    Quote Originally Posted by BattleFranky69 View Post
    While I agree that Flashpoint Paradox was the best of the bunch, I like pretty much each of the DC Animated Movie Universe movies. It's like the animated DC version of the MCU. I like that they insert Damian Wayne into this universe and his evolution into Robin despite his upbringing. He fits into the Teen Titans very well and I thought it was a good move replacing Cyborg in their team with Blue Beetle since they're so similar in terms of abilities and Cyborg is part of the Justice League despite his own youth.

    While I would like them to have their continuity and the sequencing of each film in the universe's timeline be a little clearer, I've got very few complaints about the DCAMU. Lots of fine voice talent, good storylines, amazing action scenes, great character interactions, being able to entertain without a lot of humor (again, the animated stuff even seems to have a better time of that than what the early DCEU was going for to try and not imitate Marvel too closely).

    The only thing I can really think of that bugs me is, we got a whole movie about Aquaman joining the League but then when Death of Superman came out, their ranks seemed to have inexplicably grown to include both Martian Manhunter and Hawkman (but not Hawkgirl). Then in Batman: Hush we meet Batgirl who seems to have joined the team for no explored reason (minimal as her part in the movie is...she's just kind 'there' for the most minor of reasons). That could be a lot better served, I feel, having her, and the new Superboy introduced in Reign of the Supermen, being shown as part of the Teen Titans. Not sure how the studio decides what characters get a movie in what order but maybe the Titans' DVDs didn't sell as well and they're not wanting to let them headline for a while. There are at least two origin movies coming up in the series over the next year (Wonder Woman and Superman) and a sequel to the Justice League Dark movie but I'd hope to see another Suicide Squad and/or Teen Titans movie announced somewhere in there. Time will tell...
    Oh yeah, the line is still very watchable, but I feel the overall quality just isn't as good as it was in the early years, particularly the Batman films, so far their Damien Wayne fanboying ruined the first couple he was in, then we've had a trio of mediocre adaptations plus the absolute awfulness that was Batman and Harley Quinn.

    I don't really keep up with the latest info on these anymore, but I don't think either of the upcoming Wonder Woman and Superman films are really origin films. Wonder Womans seemed to be about her returning home to protect it from some of her rogues gallery, with flashbacks about why she left in the first place (at least going by the trailer), and Supermans is going to be Red Son​ which is basically what if Superman was a Communist.

  12. #6252
    Discovered Stowaway
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    Cali-4-Nye-Eh.

    Default Re: DC Movies Thread - Shazam saves the day

    Quote Originally Posted by aku-chan View Post
    Oh yeah, the line is still very watchable, but I feel the overall quality just isn't as good as it was in the early years, particularly the Batman films, so far their Damien Wayne fanboying ruined the first couple he was in, then we've had a trio of mediocre adaptations plus the absolute awfulness that was Batman and Harley Quinn.

    I don't really keep up with the latest info on these anymore, but I don't think either of the upcoming Wonder Woman and Superman films are really origin films. Wonder Womans seemed to be about her returning home to protect it from some of her rogues gallery, with flashbacks about why she left in the first place (at least going by the trailer), and Supermans is going to be Red Son​ which is basically what if Superman was a Communist.
    Well Batman and Harley Quinn, The Killing Joke, Justice League Vs. The Fatal Five, etc., aren't part of the DCAMU continuity, so at least the continuously running universe is one with a fairly consistent quality. Damian did seem to take a huge backseat in Teen Titans: The Judas Contract so I'm wondering if his significance in that universe has run its course. But that's why I'd have liked to see Superboy and Batgirl join the Titans and see how that dynamic would affect the others. Maybe in a few years.

    There's already a trailer for Wonder Woman Bloodlines? Holy crap, I need to check that out.

  13. #6253
    From Elvis in Memphis Cyan D. Funk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Huxley U.

    Default Re: DC Movies Thread - Shazam saves the day



    A remake of The King of Comedy starring Joaquin Phoenix and also Robert DeNiro is here and Martin Scorsese is involved and what the fuck

  14. #6254

    Default Re: DC Movies Thread - Shazam saves the day

    Quote Originally Posted by Cyan D. Funk View Post


    A remake of The King of Comedy starring Joaquin Phoenix and also Robert DeNiro is here and Martin Scorsese is involved and what the fuck
    Joker by way of King of Comedy/Taxi Driver is fine by me.

  15. #6255
    Discovered Stowaway
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    Cali-4-Nye-Eh.

    Default Re: DC Movies Thread - Shazam saves the day

    It's hard to tell whether his rise to supervillaindom (holy crap, that's a word? There's no red underline under it when I typed it...) takes place before or after the appearance of Batman in Gotham. I wonder how that timing works out here.

  16. #6256

    Default Re: DC Movies Thread - Shazam saves the day

    Quote Originally Posted by BattleFranky69 View Post
    It's hard to tell whether his rise to supervillaindom (holy crap, that's a word? There's no red underline under it when I typed it...) takes place before or after the appearance of Batman in Gotham. I wonder how that timing works out here.
    Well they've confirmed that the young boy in the first trailer Joker interacts with through the gate is a young Bruce Wayne, and Thomas Wayne is a prominent character, it's all but confirmed this is a Batmanless Gotham.
    Quote Originally Posted by Monkey King View Post
    A magical strange Twilight Zone episode where no other education is offered, and the only option is Bill Nye the Science Guy videos

  17. #6257
    The English Avenger Satsuki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Well hidden

    Default Re: DC Movies Thread - Shazam saves the day

    Now all we need is a cameo by Jack Nicholson.

    What's interesting is that Phoenix in this looks kinda like a younger, sicker De Niro.

  18. #6258

    Default Re: DC Movies Thread - Shazam saves the day

    I thought the King of Comedy reference was great.


    This movie seems like it has nothing to do with superheroes and villains. And that's pretty great in my view
    HOW COME LUFFY NEVER KILLS AN ENEMY?
    ODA:ITS BECAUSE IN THAT ERA EVERYONE USES THEIR LIVES TO FIGHT FOR THEIR DREAMS. FOR AN ENEMY WHEN THEIR DREAM HAS BEEN SHATTERED,IT IS AS PAINFUL AS DEATH,I BELIEVE FOR A PIRATE NOT TO KILL AN ENEMY , IT'S GIVING THEM A SECOND CHANCE TO FIGHT FOR THEIR DREAMS.

  19. #6259
    Discovered Stowaway
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    Cali-4-Nye-Eh.

    Default Re: DC Movies Thread - Shazam saves the day

    Quote Originally Posted by Md-Martin View Post
    Well they've confirmed that the young boy in the first trailer Joker interacts with through the gate is a young Bruce Wayne, and Thomas Wayne is a prominent character, it's all but confirmed this is a Batmanless Gotham.
    Well this Joker is no spring chicken so it's hard to take seriously that by the time Batman is getting started (twenty-ish years later?) that this Joker is still capable of posing a threat to him. Them being roughly the same age is what makes them such a great hero-villain match-up.

  20. #6260
    Kick-Ass Finalis desa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Somewhere

    Default Re: DC Movies Thread - Shazam saves the day

    I like the trailer. If anything the presence of Ways is probably the part that makes me most anxious because I suspect it would be more cohesive without them.

    Quote Originally Posted by BattleFranky69 View Post
    Well this Joker is no spring chicken so it's hard to take seriously that by the time Batman is getting started (twenty-ish years later?) that this Joker is still capable of posing a threat to him. Them being roughly the same age is what makes them such a great hero-villain match-up.
    Interesting. I've known people to like the idea that Joker is obsessed with Batman and is born from him. But I think it's a first to hear that they should be of similar age. Since they don't physically fight(Joker doesn't have formal training or superpower) why is it an important element to you and why does it make him a threat to be younger?



+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts