+ Reply to Thread
Page 30 of 343 FirstFirst ... 20 28 29 30 31 32 40 80 130 ... LastLast

Thread: DC Movies Thread - Shazam saves the day

Default Re: Superman: The Man of Steel

That's merchandise tie in sales, not Box Office. They are completely different.

Every movie like this makes billions in merchandise sales, (Like Cars for instance has made something like 10 billion) merchandise always makes quadruple what a movie makes at the box office so this is nothing new.

And actually, that is from promotional partners who have nothing to do with figures and related items. This is $170 million from advertisements. Of course a bright and cheerful american icon like Supes is easier to get promoters behind than Batman was. He's even endorsing a triple bacon burger, after all.
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.
    https://www.viz.com/shonenjump

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Satsuki View Post
    Awesomesauce.

I still can't wrap my head around Amy Adams as Lois though. She's just . . . not . . . LOIS.
    Everybody who has seen it has been saying that she was perfect....so maybe she is not YOUR Lois. Two different things ;)

Oh, she's a wonderful actress. But she's never fit my image of Lois. But maybe she'll completely prove me wrong.

Interesting to hear how much advertising for the movie--even radio--is relying on the new theme. Looks like they know they've got a winner there.

It's rare in the modern age of soundtracks to find many movie tunes that are immediately recognizable.

The Devil's best friend.

Quote Originally Posted by RobbyBevard View Post
    That's merchandise tie in sales, not Box Office. They are completely different.

Every movie like this makes billions in merchandise sales, (Like Cars for instance has made something like 10 billion) merchandise always makes quadruple what a movie makes at the box office so this is nothing new.

And actually, that is from promotional partners who have nothing to do with figures and related items. This is $170 million from advertisements. Of course a bright and cheerful american icon like Supes is easier to get promoters behind than Batman was. He's even endorsing a triple bacon burger, after all.
    True, true. However, this film is gonna win the box office crown anyways. The ticket sales are already through the roof. Iron Man 3 may be in danger of losing It's box office crown(extra emphasis on "May" because there might be some general bias about Supes that might ail it's box office intake, not to mention the serious tone which is less appeasing then the charming comic tone of Iron Man 3.) I predict that at the very least this film will make over a billion dollars(which will make it the first Superman film to do so) and then it will the second highest grossest film of of 2013 after Iron Man 3. It will beat Trek, and all the rest of the summer films(that's a given).

Hopefully WB now proceeds to make a sequel, a Wonder Woman, a Flash and a reboot Green Lantern movie all in the same tone that they've established with Man of Steel and The Dark Knight trilogy. Its working for them so they should stick with it.

Ah-ah, it hasn't worked YET. The movie hasn't been released. Yes, it's looking blockbuster, but that doesn't guarantee everything. Part of what made the Marvel universe wasn't only ticket sales but amazing reviews and, well, the fans basically kowtowing and the general audiences being converted.

I'm not saying I don't think this looks awesome, but I'm not automatically assuming everything and withholding my Justice League vote for now.

The Devil's best friend.

Ah-ah, it hasn't worked YET. The movie hasn't been released. Yes, it's looking blockbuster, but that doesn't guarantee everything. Part of what made the Marvel universe wasn't only ticket sales but amazing reviews and, well, the fans basically kowtowing and the general audiences being converted.

I'm not saying I don't think this looks awesome, but I'm not automatically assuming everything and withholding my Justice League vote for now.
    Really, it's pretty much destined to do really well. There's been great test screening reviews as well as excitement from mainstream audiences for the film. Many of my friends who weren't interested in seeing Green Lantern are gonna see this film with me(not because I want them to because they want to). It has Chris Nolan's name attached, which is certainly going to be part of the film magnetism to attract a great amount of people. The film is already looking better then rest of the summer flicks being released.

Dark Knight Rises had great test screenings too and we all know what a piece of shit that movie was. What the mainstream audience thinks isn't an indicator of quality at all.

I'm reserving judgement till I see the film.

The Devil's best friend.

No one ever said anything about popularity equaling quality but the point is that this will be DC's first successful non-Batman superhero film since the first two Donner films which were over 30 years ago. This film might break this curse of theirs.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...d_on_DC_Comics

Superman 3, 4, Returns, Supergirl, Swamp Thing, Batman and Robin, Steel, Catwoman, Jonah Hex, Green Lantern... they actually don't have all that many films in the last 30 years. And almost all of them have been Superman or Batman related.

From their imprint line, Stardust was awesome, and V for Vendetta was... okay. Watchmen is a mixed bag, and The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen is awful, and The Spirit is amazingly bad.

So yeah... their *good* track record is 2 Superman films out of 7 (counting Supergirl and Steel, not counting Superman and the Mole Men because that was basically just a double length episode of the show, and so far back as to be off everyone's radar) , and 6 out of 10 Batman films (Counting Adam West, Catwoman, and Mask of the Phantasm...).

They really need to deliver to beat their horrible track record.
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.

Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

Their hope of a Justice League film hinges on Supes, but that would still mean some SERIOUS dedication to get the rest of the core team right. Poor Wonder Woman has been stagnating for years (the dumbasses let Joss Whedon go, and look where he went . . . .), Green Lantern got the gyp, and Flash, well, who knows where Flash is.

I don't know what the lunkheads at DC have been thinking, but I would hope that if everything goes well they will get off their asses and find the right directors/actors and do their damn jobs.

It's funny, DC heroes have always had a much better go on TV than they have on the big screen. Marvel too, but I feel like DC's had the best run.

The Devil's best friend.

Who cares about a Justice League film? Batman and Superman are the two biggest characters on the planet the way to go is a Batman/Superman film especially considering Snyder in Man of Steel.....

Spoiler:
    Gave a shootout to Batman with Wayne Enterprises satellite being destroyed by Zod.

It's funny, DC heroes have always had a much better go on TV than they have on the big screen.
    Thank you Bruce Timm, Paul Dini and Alan Burnett.

Of course, the live action Lois and Clark, and Smallville both ran for years... but I don't know anybody that considers them good in hindsight.

Quote Originally Posted by Thousand Lion-chan View Post
    Dark Knight Rises had great test screenings too and we all know what a piece of shit that movie was.
    Trolololololololololololololololol.

Dude, chill. Everyone already knows you hate Rises, you're just going start start sounding like a broken record.

The Devil's best friend.

Quote Originally Posted by RobbyBevard View Post
    Thank you Bruce Timm, Paul Dini and Alan Burnett.

Of course, the live action Lois and Clark, and Smallville both ran for years... but I don't know anybody that considers them good in hindsight.
    Lois and Clark had arguably the best version of Luthor and Lois in live action. Smallvile has a great Luthor as well. Other than that, yeah aside from the animated material DC on TV has been lagging( I haven't seen Arrow, and I don't care to. )

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Clips from the film. Those who want to go in cold next Friday then don't watch.

WB is projecting a 1.3 billion box office.

Safe to say, they have high hopes for this movie.

The Devil's best friend.

If this film flops(which is impossible at this point) then Supes won't be flying to a theater near you for a long, long time.

OMG the action in the General Zod clip....I've never seen anything like it...

of the Hundred Beasts The Laughing Man's Avatar
    Watching a fat, egg-shaped woman fall down a waterfall.

Default Re: Reboot of the Superman movies (The Man of Steel)

Let's just be honest here: The Watchmen movie was a complete and utter, extremely boring, blue man penis filled abomination.

I'd rather watch paint dry, grass grow, or get f'ed by 3 large black dudes in prison, with cauliflower STDs then watch that heaping pile of shit again.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information